most powerful human OCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sirkermittsg
Explorer

most powerful human OCC

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

I have been looking through the books I own, and I am trying to determine the most powerful human character AT FIRST LEVEL that can be put together. the best I can find so far would be using the following:

Rifts:
1. Adventurer Class (scientist, operator, scholar, vagabond, wilderness scout)
2. Psionics

Rifts Convervion Book
3. Super powers

Rifts Lonestar
4. Genetic Mutant

Heros Unlimited
5. Genetic Manipulation

any body have a better idea? Or things that can be added in?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: most powerful human OCC

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Cosimic Knight

By the way I do not think you can use multiple sources of genetic mods to start with so 4 and 5 can't be together and taking 5 prevents 3.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Cosmo knight, particularly if you keep at a distance. You're like a fighter jet at low levels.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

uhhh...

transferred intelligence with the SDF-1 as your body?

(honestly, i can't think of much that's going to be more powerful than super powers, at least at level 1, unless we make some pretty ridiculous assumptions like a ley line walker that knows all spells at level 1. technically possible, but i don't think it counts).

(also, i'm pretty sure cosmo-knight is an RCC. and if not, it should be, because you're not really human - or whatever other race - any more).
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Shark_Force wrote:....

uhhh...

(honestly, i can't think of much that's going to be more powerful than super powers, at least at level 1, unless we make some pretty ridiculous assumptions like a ley line walker that knows all spells at level 1. technically possible, but i don't think it counts).

(also, i'm pretty sure cosmo-knight is an RCC. and if not, it should be, because you're not really human - or whatever other race - any more).

Well, probably, since the fallen cosmo-knight is an MDC being still..
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Blue_Lion
Knight

Eclipse wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:....

uhhh...

Well, probably, since the fallen cosmo-knight is an MDC being still..

No it is OCC that can be taken by many races. The OCC does transform the charter but then again so do some magic OCC from FoM.

If you do transferred intelligence you are making a robot charter not human.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Enlightened Immortal. You are still human, have extremely powerful innate magical and chi abilities, can create lots of copies of yourself, and even if you die you are garenteed to come back as powerful as you used to be in 20 years.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Blue_Lion wrote:Cosimic Knight

By the way I do not think you can use multiple sources of genetic mods to start with so 4 and 5 can't be together and taking 5 prevents 3.

Hard to beat cosmic knight for power for humans or other races.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I don't consider cosmo knights or robots to be humans anymore.
Similarly, if a human ascends to Godhood, I wouldn't consider them to be human anymore.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I don't consider cosmo knights or robots to be humans anymore.
Similarly, if a human ascends to Godhood, I wouldn't consider them to be human anymore.

Well it is a OOC a human can chose so it seems to meet the criteria. Just like if a human becomes a heavy cyborg shocktrooper. They are now very different from what they were and have incredible powers and durability but was just a squishy human like the rest of us before making that choice.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I don't consider cosmo knights or robots to be humans anymore.

Is Cosmo Knight an OCC or an RCC? I don't remember, but the answer is there in which XCC it is.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Dog_O_War wrote:

Is Cosmo Knight an OCC or an RCC? I don't remember, but the answer is there in which XCC it is.

It is an OCC as many races can be come cosmo knights. They talked about seljuk/wolfen/noro/human and various other races becoming cosmo knights.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

kaid wrote:

Well it is a OOC a human can chose so it seems to meet the criteria. Just like if a human becomes a heavy cyborg shocktrooper. They are now very different from what they were and have incredible powers and durability but was just a squishy human like the rest of us before making that choice.

I'm not sure that I'd consider a full-conversion Borg to be strictly human either.
But your logic is pretty sound.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Shark_Force
Palladin

i dunno. if you read the description in RUE of what an RCC is supposed to be, the cosmo-knight fits very well. it isn't something you're trained in, it's something that when you're transformed into, you instinctively have those skills. you never really *learned* the skills, they are simply a part of who you are after you became a cosmo-knight, with your previous life having little if any impact on them.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Rifts: Mercenaries
6) Special Forces

Coalition War Campaign
7) CS Special Forces

Rifts: Underseas
8. Navy SEAL

Rfits: Atlantis
9) Undead Slayer
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
BlueLion
Wanderer

Unread post by BlueLion »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Enlightened Immortal. You are still human, have extremely powerful innate magical and chi abilities, can create lots of copies of yourself, and even if you die you are garenteed to come back as powerful as you used to be in 20 years.

I am not Shure if that is a OCC I think it is treated as a race as you still need to have a OCC.
In closing I would like to say "Will eat for food"

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Now where did I put that Sword?
Yes my spelling is bad, but that is the least of my problems.

Is it bed time yet.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Shark_Force wrote:i dunno. if you read the description in RUE of what an RCC is supposed to be, the cosmo-knight fits very well. it isn't something you're trained in, it's something that when you're transformed into, you instinctively have those skills. you never really *learned* the skills, they are simply a part of who you are after you became a cosmo-knight, with your previous life having little if any impact on them.

Depends on how you design the character.
If, in his "previous life" he was a Special Forces merc, you take skills to reflect that and badda-boom, badda-bing, you were trained in those skills.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
BlueLion
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:i dunno. if you read the description in RUE of what an RCC is supposed to be, the cosmo-knight fits very well. it isn't something you're trained in, it's something that when you're transformed into, you instinctively have those skills. you never really *learned* the skills, they are simply a part of who you are after you became a cosmo-knight, with your previous life having little if any impact on them.

I do not recall it saying that the second you become a Cosmic knight you suddenly have the XCC skills, in fact I see there are several OCC skills that are of choice. IN addition they have very few OCC skills, most are OCC related. So there is nothing that supports you claim that they suddenly gain the skills they have.

Note there are ways to get starting set starting skills without being a RCC.

The book lists it as OCC, now they do gain powers when the take the OCC but so does a mage.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Think of cosmo knights as paladins distilled to their most powerful/awesome conclusion. They are normal beings human or otherwise who when asked by the cosmic forge if they will stand for truth/justice and all around being awesome they say yes.

Just as priests and paladins and shaman get powers from their gods/higher powers so do the cosmo knights.
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

I would suspect there are very few cosmic knights on earth. I spoke of the most powerful human at level one on earth....
Blue_Lion
Knight

sirkermittsg wrote:I would suspect there are very few cosmic knights on earth. I spoke of the most powerful human at level one on earth....

You did not say that in your original post that. There have been couple Cosmo knights on rifts earth. Terra in phase world is earth in that dimention.

Shark_Force
Palladin

kaid wrote:Think of cosmo knights as paladins distilled to their most powerful/awesome conclusion. They are normal beings human or otherwise who when asked by the cosmic forge if they will stand for truth/justice and all around being awesome they say yes.

Just as priests and paladins and shaman get powers from their gods/higher powers so do the cosmo knights.

but they're not really just being empowered, they're being transformed. it even goes so far as to indicate that a cosmo-knight can have completely different skills than they had in their former life, if i remember right.

even if they fall, they are changed to be something completely different from what they used to be.

just because the list of skills is not limited with extreme strictness doesn't mean that it isn't an RCC, at least not based on the description in RUE (which explicitly goes out of it's way to state that the descriptions for RCCs were not properly applied in the past).
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

Hero of the megaverse with power cosmic, magic warrior (any magic really, even the nature or defense magic makes you powerful), superior regeneration, and Phoenix immortality.

Cosmo-Knights can kiss his feet! Kneel before Zod!
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
BlueLion
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:
kaid wrote:Think of cosmo knights as paladins distilled to their most powerful/awesome conclusion. They are normal beings human or otherwise who when asked by the cosmic forge if they will stand for truth/justice and all around being awesome they say yes.

but they're not really just being empowered, they're being transformed. it even goes so far as to indicate that a cosmo-knight can have completely different skills than they had in their former life, if i remember right.

even if they fall, they are changed to be something completely different from what they used to be.

just because the list of skills is not limited with extreme strictness doesn't mean that it isn't an RCC, at least not based on the description in RUE (which explicitly goes out of it's way to state that the descriptions for RCCs were not properly applied in the past).

You claiming a description give page numbers instead of what you think it says.

Although page 102 phase world does say they loose the skills of their past life it does not say they instantly gain new skills. They could have to go threw a training level up process not covered in the write up. So half of your argument is clearly on something not in the book the other half you need to provide a page number for.
Last edited by BlueLion on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
Shark_Force
Palladin

and 'by canon' the jungle elf is an RCC, except that it can very clearly also choose from a long list of OCCs. likewise for many other "RCC"s. RUE very clearly states that the term was not applied consistently in the past.

and for all intents and purposes, when you become a cosmo-knight, you are reborn into something else.
BlueLion
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:and 'by canon' the jungle elf is an RCC, except that it can very clearly also choose from a long list of OCCs. likewise for many other "RCC"s. RUE very clearly states that the term was not applied consistently in the past.

and for all intents and purposes, when you become a cosmo-knight, you are reborn into something else.

Page number from rule? Does it even exist? Rue it self misidentifies RCC as OCC-see dog boy, page 145. Some Races do have the option of taking a OCC instead of the RCC that just means they can choose to be something else beside just their race.

NOW THEN WHAT PAGE IS YOU RUE DEFINTION ON!!!!

quite frankly I can not find it.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
Shark_Force
Palladin

no, it doesn't misidentify RCCs in RUE. the dog boy is NOT an RCC based on the definition given in RUE. dog boys are not born, they're trained. they can take other OCCs if they are given the chance. dog boy is an OCC with a racial requirement, much like the various tattoo OCCs which require that you must be a human (including true atlanteans), ogre, elf, or chiang-ku dragon. this particular fact is *very* clearly stated in RUE on page 148, in the designer's note.

as for the page number of the RUE definition, well, there's one in that designer's note on page 148 i just mentioned (probably the clearest i could find readily, though i'm fairly certain there's another very clear one if i could just remember which section to check), another on page 278 under OCC where it discusses the difference between the two, there's another brief discussion on page 158 (the dragon RCC), once under "R.C.C" and further down again under "Skills".

mind you, it's beyond me why i'm even bothering to discuss the subject with someone who doesn't even know where the rules can be found, but insists that i don't understand them. if you need me to tell you where to find the rule, what business do you have telling me i'm wrong about the rule in the first place? how can you *possibly* understand the rules well enough to tell me i'm wrong if you don't even know that they exist in the first place?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Because when you stating a rule says X you need to give page number to confirm it. As I could not find the rule that you said classified Cosmo-knights as a RCC so I asked for its location. But check this your page numbers prove you where wrong in calling a Cosmo-knight a RCC. There is allot of books and pages to rifts nothing wrong with some one asking for your page numbers to confirm what you say is correct. Remember if you state something is a rule the burden of proof is on you.

Page 278 R:UE
"RCC (racial charter class) is basically the same thing but refers to inhuman monster, demons and aliens with abilities and skills equivalents that come natural to all creatures of that specific RACE, ...."

So there the Cosmo-Knights are not a RCC as they are not a race, a Cosmo-Knight can be from any race.

Page 158 is only on the dragon and not really relevant.

On page 148 the designer note does say that they where sloppy but list the definition they used as "A charter that is so defined by its genetic make-up that it cannot select other, occupation, it is what it is."

In other words all the rules you just presented prove that a Cosmo-knight is not a RCC.

Note that some RCC in D-bees of north America are classified as a RCC but also can take OCC and D-bees came out later. Pg 137 M'Raghiile Tree Men PG Tokanii 205. There are also Races listed as RCC but have OCC such as centaurs pg 44 where they get RCC skills and abilities on top of OCC. (note all page numbers in this paragraph are from D-bees of north America.) So what we know is RCC is a race what your genetics.
Last edited by Blue_Lion on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Folks, don't get snippy with each other. If that's too much of a challenge then don't post.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Mystic Knight from the Federation of Magic. My favorite OCC and "one or the" most powerful human OCC (IMHO).
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

I think no one's ask the most important clarifying question: just what do you mean by most powerful? Is it just about physical durability (MDC) and ability to inflict mega-damage or do you mean overall ability to deal with the widest range of threats and situations?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Enlightened Immortal. You are still human, have extremely powerful innate magical and chi abilities, can create lots of copies of yourself, and even if you die you are garenteed to come back as powerful as you used to be in 20 years.

The only stage of EI you could be at level 1 is stage 0 (having discorporated, your soul reincarnates).

Further stages don't have clear guidelines, but to even reach stage 1 of refinement that stops death from old age you need to have mastered ALL the Zenjoriki abilities. To reach stage 2 which allows hosting both forms of chi, you need to have learned ALL chi master abilities.

You have to learn those from HtH forms the standard way :) It's doing that which allows the advancement, surely, and not the advancement that randomly imparts such abilities. It's about the only reasonable guideline we have.

Since CosmoKs are an OCC, if you're going to exclude them then we need some fair means of defining where you draw the line at humanity.

Were you wanting to exclude any OCC which changes a human into MDC? What standard would you use? If we were to use Coalition policy I might have thoguht they would exclude anything that made humans non-SDC but lately with Psi-Stalkers being situationally MDC and the CS accepting them I guess I'm not so sure anymore.

We know the CS accepts mutants with super-abilities (Psi-Ghosts) so for all we know they could accept Operators with Invulnerability too. =/
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Tor wrote:

Since CosmoKs are an OCC, if you're going to exclude them then we need some fair means of defining where you draw the line at humanity.

Basically anything where you lose your original human body.
Look at it like vampires. No matter what species you are (at least in the original WB1), no matter what your attributes were, when you become a vampire you are rebooted into a new lifeform that has new stats and new powers.
The same, iirc, applies to Cosmo-Knights. Yes, you look the same, but almost everything about you has transformed into something else.
Same with Borgs. Your DNA is human, but your body is not.
Same with Bio-Borgs, for that matter, and they're not an OCC or an RCC, just something that can happen to transform you into something inhuman.

Were you wanting to exclude any OCC which changes a human into MDC?

Nope.

We know the CS accepts mutants with super-abilities (Psi-Ghosts) so for all we know they could accept Operators with Invulnerability too. =/

Well, they USE Psi-Ghosts. That's not necessarily the same thing as accepting them as human. They use Dog Boys too.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nightmask wrote:I think no one's ask the most important clarifying question: just what do you mean by most powerful? Is it just about physical durability (MDC) and ability to inflict mega-damage or do you mean overall ability to deal with the widest range of threats and situations?

That's the other big part of it.

I guess it comes down to how you define each of the 4 terms in the heading of this thread.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:

The only stage of EI you could be at level 1 is stage 0 (having discorporated, your soul reincarnates).

Further stages don't have clear guidelines, but to even reach stage 1 of refinement that stops death from old age you need to have mastered ALL the Zenjoriki abilities. To reach stage 2 which allows hosting both forms of chi, you need to have learned ALL chi master abilities.

You have to learn those from HtH forms the standard way :) It's doing that which allows the advancement, surely, and not the advancement that randomly imparts such abilities. It's about the only reasonable guideline we have.

I'm not sure why you say that, sinse each step clearly has "time it takes" aquired. so there's no need to presume that one must master enough MA to learn all chi abilities to reach stage 2, so much as after a cenutury or so of being enlightened the process of being enlighitened (and presumably all the meditation and reflection involved) grants you complete mastery over chi. Likewise nothing says you must master all zenjoriki, simply that becoming stage 1 grants you mastery of all of them. the listed powers are the rewards of that stage, not the requirements to attain it. I don't really see any reason you can't have a level 1 character get all the way to stage 9 by simply sitting in a cave and metitating for a thousand years, barring only those stages that require you to go somewhere and do something.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Tor wrote:

Basically anything where you lose your original human body.
Look at it like vampires. No matter what species you are (at least in the original WB1), no matter what your attributes were, when you become a vampire you are rebooted into a new lifeform that has new stats and new powers.
The same, iirc, applies to Cosmo-Knights. Yes, you look the same, but almost everything about you has transformed into something else.
Same with Borgs. Your DNA is human, but your body is not.
Same with Bio-Borgs, for that matter, and they're not an OCC or an RCC, just something that can happen to transform you into something inhuman.

Were you wanting to exclude any OCC which changes a human into MDC?

Nope.

Well, they USE Psi-Ghosts. That's not necessarily the same thing as accepting them as human. They use Dog Boys too.

But, in the end it isn't like vampires... that's an RCC, since it was a once-living being now transformed into a walking corpse via a form of demonic inhabitation.
'Borgs and Cosmo-Knights are OCCs, as they are still members of their original races.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Vrykolas2k wrote:But, in the end it isn't like vampires... that's an RCC, since it was a once-living being now transformed into a walking corpse via a form of demonic inhabitation.
'Borgs and Cosmo-Knights are OCCs, as they are still members of their original races.

That depends on how you define "race."
And if you're going to go strictly by Palladium's OCC/RCC/PCC/whatever system, you're going to find a lot of inconsistencies and problems.

Again, Bio-Borgs are neither OCCs nor RCCs, but it's not too tough to come up with something that'd be pretty hard to call "human," regardless of original DNA.

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Tor wrote:We know the CS accepts mutants with super-abilities (Psi-Ghosts) so for all we know they could accept Operators with Invulnerability too. =/

Check out the NPC "Psythe" in Arzno, page 71.

His minor genetic aberrations are enough to prevent him from taking part in mainstream society, and caused him to be persecuted terribly by the Coalition States.

And all he has is Alert and Quick Responses.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mack wrote:
Tor wrote:We know the CS accepts mutants with super-abilities (Psi-Ghosts) so for all we know they could accept Operators with Invulnerability too. =/

Check out the NPC "Psythe" in Arzno, page 71.

His minor genetic aberrations are enough to prevent him from taking part in mainstream society, and caused him to be persecuted terribly by the Coalition States.

And all he has is Alert and Quick Responses.

Maybe the CS don't actually have hard and fast laws but a complex regulatory system that makes exceptions for certain useful traits if they serve the military (like intangibility...)

Blue_Lion
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:But, in the end it isn't like vampires... that's an RCC, since it was a once-living being now transformed into a walking corpse via a form of demonic inhabitation.

And if you're going to go strictly by Palladium's OCC/RCC/PCC/whatever system, you're going to find a lot of inconsistencies and problems.

Again, Bio-Borgs are neither OCCs nor RCCs, but it's not too tough to come up with something that'd be pretty hard to call "human," regardless of original DNA.

Race=what you are born as.
(Those would seam to be what Race for RCC.)

Now in the case of vampires in the revised book it is a demon possessing a human corpse. So the source of the RCC was the demon being defined by what it is born as.

Bio-borgs and Cosmo-knights were born as race X then a outside process changes them. So they were not born as what they are but made, much like a cyborg or juicer. The process may be different, but the results are the similar.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Now in the case of vampires in the revised book it is a demon possessing a human corpse. So the source of the RCC was the demon being defined by what it is born as.

By that logic, then any human that ascends to godhood is still human.

Bio-borgs and Cosmo-knights were born as race X then a outside process changes them. So they were not born as what they are but made, much like a cyborg or juicer. The process may be different, but the results are the similar.

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Mind Melter - depending on how your GM interprets (Super) telekenisis, group mind block etc they can be extremely powerful.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Blue_Lion
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

By that logic, then any human that ascends to godhood is still human.

Is there a way to ascend to god hood in PB? But yes he would be a human and a god.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:[Is there a way to ascend to god hood in PB?

Yup.

But yes he would be a human and a god.

Well, in that case, we have a winner.

wakiza
Wanderer

Unread post by wakiza »

Agreed!
wakiza
Wanderer

Unread post by wakiza »

Mega Juicer, Dragon Juicer and a really fun one - Witch!

Assuming the most powerful Human at 1st level requirement!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:[Is there a way to ascend to god hood in PB?

Yup.

But yes he would be a human and a god.

Well, in that case, we have a winner.

Hard to allow god and not allow cosmo knights.

I think the original question needs a few more options like the following

1. Most powerful SDC human OCC nothing that involves the physical/chemical/magical transformation into some higher state being. This would be like cyberknights, LLW, and things of that nature. And for this you may need to break it down of powerful while "naked" and powerful when fully geared up. A LLW is a hell of a lot more powerful bare naked than a glitterboy pilot but few would argue that a GB pilot in their armor is overall more powerful 1 on 1.

2. Augmented humans. This would cover juicers, borgs, bio borgs tattoo warriors things of this nature.

3. Ascended mortals gods/demigods/cosmo knights some of the native american shaman varients. For this pretty much it has to be MDC and is caused by some transformative contact with a higher power super hero powers probably comes in this category as well.
Blue_Lion
Knight

what about a human in the Nurni wrath of god destroyer then? Crew 1 considered a war crime phase world. (yes I know it turns the pilot in to part of it.) 1 on 1 that beats a GB pilot.

Shark_Force
Palladin

kaid wrote:1. Most powerful SDC human OCC nothing that involves the physical/chemical/magical transformation into some higher state being. This would be like cyberknights, LLW, and things of that nature. And for this you may need to break it down of powerful while "naked" and powerful when fully geared up. A LLW is a hell of a lot more powerful bare naked than a glitterboy pilot but few would argue that a GB pilot in their armor is overall more powerful 1 on 1.

even then, it's situational. if the LLW is able to get close, a single spell can win the entire fight instantly against a fully equipped glitter boy (yes, even a single spell available to a bog-standard level 1 ley line walker, don't need anything strange or exotic to pull it off).
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

No single spell will destroy the glitterboy or its pilot if the pilot is in the armor. It may immobilize it or take it out of the action for a period of time but it would take a long long long time to actually destroy a GB and the gb only has to get lucky once to flat kill the LLW.

Power is sort of hard thing to put a finger on in rifts games. Lots of things are "powerful" in specific ways but it really depends what you are actually looking for. Then when talking about humans given the levels of augmentation that can be done in rifts earth what "IS" human how does one define it. Is a murder wraith a human given it is a undead juicer but it was once fully human and still has some memories of that time. Is murder wraith more or less human than a full conversion borg? Is a light borg more human than a cyborg shocktrooper?

Rifts is all about grey areas which is why debates about RCC and OCC blow up from time to time. The terminology is murky to begin with and has gotten sloppier in usage over time. With the original RMB the rules were pretty clear on what an OCC an RCC and a PCC was. Over time there were so many exceptions to these rules as to render the terms nearly meaningless.

About the best we can say now is an RCC is a character class that is only available to that specific race. A race may have options to take other OCC over time but no other race can ever be its RCC. A human can never chose the dragon RCC. But with gods running around and powerful magic who can say if even that really lose generalization will hold up over time.

Return to “Rifts®”