Anyone else 'stolen' plot ideas from Thundarr the Barbarian?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

Re: Anyone else 'stolen' plot ideas from Thundarr the Barbar

Unread post by hollowecho »

Man that was my favorite cartoon the sun sword, how ever tribe seamed to be part of smithsonian exhibit. The techno sorcery, how Ukla horse couldn't jump. it always made me think of rifts, but now...man it seems right for plunder... Also the herculoids can give you some ideas
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I made a AD&D 2nd Ed game loosely based on that cartoon. All the material is long gone, this was way back in the day when I wrote everything down on paper, usually exercise books. Though I do remember the occasional mechanical 'artifact' being found, like 'staffs' that fired bullets, and one occasion where the group encountered a wandering tinker who's cart was an old removals van (with wooden wheels and pulled by a team of horses).
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The animated Canadian movie Rock 'N Rule may have some things to make use of, it's an interesting post-Apocalypse setting for the movie.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Great cartoon, yes i agree it is very much rifts........

Anyway, fyi, the Sun Sword was made by a wizard (could be TW)
The Dragon Has Spoken
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Logan's Run, the movie and TV series could provide ideas since the setting is also post-Apocalypse. The Postman (particularly the novel) also might help.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”