What book has Tectonic Entity stats?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kronos
Hero

What book has Tectonic Entity stats?

Post by kronos »

Might seem silly question.. but does anyone know what book has the stats for Tectonic Entity in it? I'm betting I probably just missed it as I was skimming.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: What book has Tectonic Entity stats?

Post by Shark_Force »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
kronos wrote:Might seem silly question..

Not a silly question. :)

but does anyone know what book has the stats for Tectonic Entity in it? I'm betting I probably just missed it as I was skimming.

Rifts Conversion Book, pg. 178
Rifts Dark Conversions, pg. 80
PFRPG: Monsters and Animals, pg. 53

just for clarification, that's conversion book 1 but not revised. if you have the revised version, you will not find the tectonic entity there.
kronos
Hero

Post by kronos »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
kronos wrote:Might seem silly question..

Not a silly question. :)

but does anyone know what book has the stats for Tectonic Entity in it? I'm betting I probably just missed it as I was skimming.

Rifts Conversion Book, pg. 178
Rifts Dark Conversions, pg. 80
PFRPG: Monsters and Animals, pg. 53

I've got Conversion and Dark Conversions, thank you! I hadn't gotten to those two yet.
Now to read!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Post by Tor »

I remember some Tectonic Entity NPC in one of the rifter. I think maybe 12. I think her name was Manitou and paired up with a Spawn-ripoff called El Diablo.

Anyone know if there's a way to create something like that? I know it's Haunting to tend to mirror personalities of the diseased. Could I stitch one of those together with a Tectonic? Or maybe cast Friend in the Head on an entity?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Post by The Baron of chaos »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:just for clarification, that's conversion book 1 but not revised. if you have the revised version, you will not find the tectonic entity there.

And the Tectonic Entity Union is not at all happy about that. It's Entity Discrimination, I tell you. :wink:

You think entities got it bad? Ask about the classic Fire Dragon, Ice Dragon or Great horned Dragon..we are still waiting to see them reprinted..somewhere...sometimes...perhaps in the next 20 or so years.... :roll:
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Post by Shark_Force »

you can buy a PDF of the old RMB. it's got a few other useful things that you won't find in RUE, so it's not a bad buy... heck, the tables for generating random monsters alone is a nice thing to have. the rest is just gravy :)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Post by Tor »

The stats for hatchlings are also noted in CB1 alongside their adult stats, no?

Nobody's really missing out on much. The new dragons are way more detailed than the old ones.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Post by AzathothXy »

Rifts England has tectonic entities bonded to armor as ghost knights.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Shark_Force
Palladin

Post by Shark_Force »

Tor wrote:The stats for hatchlings are also noted in CB1 alongside their adult stats, no?

provided you have the original rather than the revised, yes.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Post by The Baron of chaos »

Shark_Force wrote:you can buy a PDF of the old RMB. it's got a few other useful things that you won't find in RUE, so it's not a bad buy... heck, the tables for generating random monsters alone is a nice thing to have. the rest is just gravy :)

Oh i have old RMB , it was the first Palladium Book I got..hhmm let me think about it..near 18 years ago(I suddenly feel tad old). I was just little bit peeved that they were not in RUE, nor reprinted(updated) in any form...oh well is one thing we old crancky thirtysomething like to dwell into.
Tor wrote:The stats for hatchlings are also noted in CB1 alongside their adult stats, no?

Nobody's really missing out on much. The new dragons are way more detailed than the old ones.

Actual they text is just better organized and , yes somethings were fleshed out better. Still not great fan of Lol-cat dragon :lol: , green forest wimpdragon :-( , Icedragon and Firedragon lite :roll: , Flamboyant Great horned dragon with horns replaced with purple frills(try to shout that aloud) :shock: and whatever the flooper is a whiptailed dragon :-? . Jokes apart i know that there is space of various type of dragons, but I think that at least for the main book one should have gone with the classic
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Tor
Palladin

Post by Tor »

In my older CB1 one problem I had with hatchling stats was I think it only gave the lower MDC but not the lower attributes. Lead to some pretty badass Basilisks.
kaid
Knight

Post by kaid »

Actually the dragons and hatchlings wound up in the dragons and gods conversion book. That said if you have the RUE other than maybe the chaing ku dragon there is not much reason to pick one of the older dragon types as the RUE ones are all at least incrementally better.

Return to “Rifts®”