New campaign

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hound
Wanderer

New campaign

Unread post by Hound »

Well… my group has got together again to game- something simpler this time so we went old school TMNT. Here’s what I thought up-

The group will discover a plot to “domesticate” the human population of Philadelphia by a group of mutant chickens. They have formed a terrorist group, calling themselves C.L.U.C.- the Chicken Liberation Underground Column.

They are led by a mutant Chicken calling himself “The Colonel” (twisted sense of humor)- a genius mutant created by a chicken company who escaped and now wants revenge for the ‘genocide’ of chickens. He has developed a drug that will turn a human ‘into’ a chicken’- scratching at the dirt, clucking and very docile…. He plans to release it into Philly’s water supply.
The group consists of regular mutant chickens, Bantam ‘enforcers’ and I’m even creating a giant “Jersey Giant” monster Rooster called Big Red….

I’ll keep updating as we play.. so far I have 1 player who is adamant at playing a Usagi clone…
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: New campaign

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

This sounds hilarious. You said old school TMNT but mentioned the Bantams and Jersey Giants which are ATB2 breeds (at least they're mentioned specifically).
Are you adapting ATB2 characters over to your TMNT game or did you mention them simply as specific characters?

Either way it's great. Keep us updated.

i just started playing my first Chicken. An Australorp (an Australian chicken). He's a Swagman who specializes in Bs'ing people and cheating at cards. He's cocky as can be and whatever situation he can't BS his way out of he'll fight his way out of.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Hound wrote:Well… my group has got together again to game- something simpler this time so we went old school TMNT. Here’s what I thought up-

The group will discover a plot to “domesticate” the human population of Philadelphia by a group of mutant chickens. They have formed a terrorist group, calling themselves C.L.U.C.- the Chicken Liberation Underground Column.

They are led by a mutant Chicken calling himself “The Colonel” (twisted sense of humor)- a genius mutant created by a chicken company who escaped and now wants revenge for the ‘genocide’ of chickens. He has developed a drug that will turn a human ‘into’ a chicken’- scratching at the dirt, clucking and very docile…. He plans to release it into Philly’s water supply.
The group consists of regular mutant chickens, Bantam ‘enforcers’ and I’m even creating a giant “Jersey Giant” monster Rooster called Big Red….

I’ll keep updating as we play.. so far I have 1 player who is adamant at playing a Usagi clone…

And let me guess, the campaign takes place in Kentucky?
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:This sounds hilarious. You said old school TMNT but mentioned the Bantams and Jersey Giants which are ATB2 breeds (at least they're mentioned specifically).
Are you adapting ATB2 characters over to your TMNT game or did you mention them simply as specific characters?

Either way it's great. Keep us updated.

i just started playing my first Chicken. An Australorp (an Australian chicken). He's a Swagman who specializes in Bs'ing people and cheating at cards. He's cocky as can be and whatever situation he can't BS his way out of he'll fight his way out of.

My apologies, by old-school I meant RPGing like we all remember.. so no Rifts crazy power creep etc.

As for the breeds, I'm mixing and matching. I'm using the animal descriptions and BIO-E from ATB2 but the backgrounds from the original book. For example, I love the Bantam and Jersey Giant breeds but to me it's not a mutant animal unless it has Looks: None so I just tinkered with the breed. "The Colonel" is a basic Mutant feed chicken, the Bantams (there will be 6 total) will be size level 12 bruisers with knives tied to their feet. Big Red is going to be around 18-20, just a giant normal rooster with a BAD attitude.

All the villains are 3rd level. I think this MIGHT be too easy but since this is the intro adventure and a lot of the gang hasn't played in over a decade I don't want to make it too tough. I'm thinking 20 total birds, including the Colonel, Bantams and Big Red.

The game is set in Philly, mostly the Northeast/Bustleton area... though anywhere in the city will work. Still curious what animals the others will pick... said I'd even allow mutant Dinosaurs... always had a soft spot for transdimensional TMNT
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Hound wrote:My apologies, by old-school I meant RPGing like we all remember.. so no Rifts crazy power creep etc.
Gotcha, I've tweaked the Animal PS powers in my game so they're more expensive and equal 1/2 of the associated superpower. Power creep is still sort of a thing. But old-school gaming is the way to go

As for the breeds, I'm mixing and matching. I'm using the animal descriptions and BIO-E from ATB2 but the backgrounds from the original book. For example, I love the Bantam and Jersey Giant breeds but to me it's not a mutant animal unless it has Looks: None so I just tinkered with the breed. "The Colonel" is a basic Mutant feed chicken, the Bantams (there will be 6 total) will be size level 12 bruisers with knives tied to their feet. Big Red is going to be around 18-20, just a giant normal rooster with a BAD attitude.

I completely 100% agree with you on this. No looks is the only way to go. I'm not a fan (at all) of the limitations given with the chimera's and purebreds. So I applaud your "tinkering" and would be grateful if you chose to share them in a PM. A size level 18-20 chicken....My god..think of the drumsticks. My uncle (who taught me to play TMNT way back when) tells the story of his 1st PC. A mutant chicken with an IQ of 3 who was also named The Colonel. The Colonel had a suit of Hard Armor that was "Double Breasted."

All the villains are 3rd level. I think this MIGHT be too easy but since this is the intro adventure and a lot of the gang hasn't played in over a decade I don't want to make it too tough. I'm thinking 20 total birds, including the Colonel, Bantams and Big Red.

3rd level villains for 1st level PC's. Those poor bass tards.
20 chickens... that's a whole lot of chickens. So many that I can't come up with a good chicken pun.

The game is set in Philly, mostly the Northeast/Bustleton area... though anywhere in the city will work. Still curious what animals the others will pick... said I'd even allow mutant Dinosaurs... always had a soft spot for transdimensional TMNT

I'd say your size level 20 chicken is already a dinosaur lol. This promises to be amusing. Keep us posted with character stats/bio's and a recap of the campaign.

for my own adventures you can go here (if you want)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&p=2686034#p2643404
(a multi-post recap of my adventures using the handy dandy random adventure generator)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=138571#p2675230

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Maybe some of the mutant chickens could have a new animal psionic power 'Hypnotize Human', something similar to flipping a chicken on their back and rubbing their tummy.

lol
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

CyCo... I like that Idea... muhahahaha

I'm now working up on human contacts- a lot will depend on the other characters and their backgrounds but I'm thinking of creating a beat cop who befriends the group... and eventually forming a taskforce to deal with Mutant Animal problems. If I know my friends.. they will NOT keep a low profile, and lets face it, they will be fighting a 12 foot, 1 ton chicken...SOMEONE will notice...

More background... Starting to come up with a "information black market" for the game... but with a humor twist...

One of the lil bits of Philly history is Ben Franklin's.... peculiarities. One of which was- he pushed for a different bird for our national symbol... the TURKEY. So.... the Gobble New Network anyone? Also let's not forget that Philadelphia had the country's first Zoo.... so I'm thinking a exotic animal underground railroad...
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

CyCo wrote:Maybe some of the mutant chickens could have a new animal psionic power 'Hypnotize Human', something similar to flipping a chicken on their back and rubbing their tummy.

lol

You can do that with a chicken? I've only ever heard of it being done with sharks. And maybe a dog.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Yeah you can. I used to hypnotize our chickens when I was a little tyke. Another way to hypnotize chickens is to old them on the ground and draw a line on the ground in front of them. For some reason that way never worked very well for me.

lol
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”