It is time for a kingdoms game.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

It is time for a kingdoms game.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

On line RPG where you get the opportunity to play as a ruler. Start out as a lesser king or queen. The story line is: the high king/emperor is dead, with out any appointing anyone to take over after him. Feuds between the nobility erupted in hopes of usurping the thrown of the high king has all but crushed this massive empire in a matter of 10 years. And the same time peasants have revolted for 10 years in almost every fiefdom, city state, etc in the other empire.

It is currently the 11th year. None of the current kings and queens are the ones who started the feuds or oppressed the people. There is no high king/emperor in either kingdom. The feudal system has been put into place to avoid the chaos of a empire with out a clear ruler of any kind. (Look at what happened when Alexander the Great died. The best thing to do was to divide the empire and empower the surviving noble families that can be claim lands that are to be independent kingdoms until they can agree on a way to resolve things without total anarchy braking loose once again over who will rule and who won't.)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... piento.jpg

And yes, the other empire is going to be Asian based. Just So everyone knows.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

Re: It is time for a kingdoms game.

Unread post by BABSDAGGER »

this sounds very interesting id like to know more if your willing to divulge more and i have a bunch of questions about how it would all work but it certainly doesn't sound like the run of the mill game.
pblackcrow
Champion

BABSDAGGER wrote:this sounds very interesting id like to know more if your willing to divulge more and i have a bunch of questions about how it would all work but it certainly doesn't sound like the run of the mill game.

Feel free to PM me or post here for everyone to reads. You're fairly new here so, here is how to PM people...click on the name of the person to the left, then click PM. And if I've not said it already, welcome to the boards, Mate.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Mryoto wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:

Is this in total theme and setting, or is this just in a governmental stand point. Like instead of kings and nobles its shoguns and what not. Or is this like a full oriental conversion thing.

Not quite a "full conversion"...I wanting to do Japan, but with a more Chinese feel. And yes trying to merge the two into one is going to be such a pain on me! Thus, while not a "full conversion", but certainly a full blending of cultures! Does that make sense to you?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

Thanks for the welcome pblackcrow, iv been reading through the forums for a number of years but have never really posted much lately iv been trying to find a game and iv never heard of something like this where players control so many NPCs so it instantly caught my interest but id like more details on how everything is generally going to work and a number of specific questions answered.

1. which of the corebooks are being used for the setting (i would think PF)
2. it sounds like each player or the group of players controlls a whole noble house, fiefdom etc so hows that going to work
3. depending on the books used wich races, RCCs, OCCs and equipment are going to be allowed
4. how is resource management going to work with such massive ammounts available to characters
5. world information, learn as we go or is there more to know then the two continents if so please tell me as much as possible
6. how do the two empires engage with each other and which out of the two will we be playing as or will some on both sides be PC controlled
7. how do our characters relate to the other nobels and peasents are we tyrants, benifactors, allies, enemys etc
8. agin depending on books used but what type of situation are we looking at for magic, its availability and strength, cultural impact etc
9. it seems the general story is about the struggle for the crown maybe game of thrones in style if so is there going to be some sort of mechanic for intrigue based elements or just strait roleplay
10. anything more you can think of to let prospective players know, but allso what do you want to know about your players and there characters, anything in particular your looking for a style of gameplay or character concept wise

anyway those are some of the questions i thought of when i read your basic premise for the game im sure more will arise as details emerge but this sounds exciting as iv never played a game on such a large scale, im used to being the guy orderd around and not the one giveing orders a refreshing change i should think. My brain is cooking up a few concepts for characters and game stuff that as information comes out will be developed ill drop them for you to look over via PM as they flesh out.
pblackcrow
Champion

BABSDAGGER wrote:1. which of the corebooks are being used for the setting (i would think PF)

PFRPG 2nd ed, but also ninja turtles, rifts japan, to figure out the warrior classes aspect. For equipment, labor, and the like I use The Great Net Equipment List.

2. it sounds like each player or the group of players controlls a whole noble house, fiefdom etc so hows that going to work

Each player controls a portion of the map...from that portion you must either rebuild or start a new from the rubble. Mostly, I use logic for the judgement calls and percentiles as well.

3. depending on the books used wich races, RCCs, OCCs and equipment are going to be allowed

Depends on what everyone wishes to play and how you play it. As the kingdoms grow, expect to run into trouble. I allow you a chance to get use to the games before any type of attack. And much like real life, you are going to be facing natural disasters as well as bandits, highwaymen, guild uprisings, face assassins, etc. You can each do a certain amount of things each month per level. And yes, I am basing the exp on things like productivity, buildings, farmlands, mines, fountains, towns, people (are they happy, are they healthy, etc), the army, new ideas for old themes and ways to incorporate them, etc.

4. how is resource management going to work with such massive ammounts available to characters

That is going to be something that is up to you...how productive you can make your kingdom without depleting the resources too quickly.

(5. world information, learn as we go or is there more to know then the two continents if so please tell me as much as possible)

Not that you know of.

6. how do the two empires engage with each other and which out of the two will we be playing as or will some on both sides be PC controlled

Trade terms at the moment are rather iffy. On an 1-10 scale a 3 right now, but that will change some as game play progresses. And I would like them some on both sides.

7. how do our characters relate to the other nobels and peasents are we tyrants, benifactors, allies, enemys etc

That will depend on how you play the character.

8. agin depending on books used but what type of situation are we looking at for magic, its availability and strength, cultural impact etc

Again, this will depend on how you and how you wish to play the character and use the "resource" of magic in your games. In short, your call. But for starters, no kingdom has a counsel or anything set up. You will have to do that one yourself. But you will receive points to get all that set up. And there will be some common magic from Rifts Book of Magic. Some things from other systems. Just talk to me and tell me what you have in mind.

9. it seems the general story is about the struggle for the crown maybe game of thrones in style if so is there going to be some sort of mechanic for intrigue based elements or just strait roleplay

There will most definitely be much intrigue based game play. I've found that people have trouble with role playing these aspects out.

10. anything more you can think of to let prospective players know, but allso what do you want to know about your players and there characters, anything in particular your looking for a style of gameplay or character concept wise

A COMPLETE BACKGROUND for starters, a list of laws and punishments you want to enforce, and what exceptions will be made? You are to be judge and jury as well. You will need to have the ability to think and reason! Also make judgement calls and there will be situations that have no definite right or wrong answer. For example: do you take in a child of a fallen friend, who had more enemies than friends? And what about when 2 allies are at war, which do you aid?

anyway those are some of the questions i thought of when i read your basic premise for the game im sure more will arise as details emerge but this sounds exciting as iv never played a game on such a large scale, im used to being the guy orderd around and not the one giveing orders a refreshing change i should think. My brain is cooking up a few concepts for characters and game stuff that as information comes out will be developed ill drop them for you to look over via PM as they flesh out.

Alright.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Nice map by the way.
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

great i have a real good knowledge base for PF which will be helpfull to an extent allthough iv always had a preferance for certain homebrew rules to certain things.

I have a large (and growing) collection of modifications for it that i would love to share and if any catch your fancy can be used freely, some are better then others haha but im proud of my work. Ill have to brush up on my turtles and rifts japan but i remember them both being excellent books and interesting influences for this gameworld.

what a great resource for equipment the netbook was coverd many things that arent useualy discused, may i suggest in addition to the netbook we use "http://kimberlychapman.com/rpg/equipment.html" its a great resource if a bit longwinded.

thanks for answering all of my questions its helping shape up how this looks to be going and i have to say im pleased with the direction, some have spawned some new questions and id love to get a dialouge going for Q&A like this it helps players get ready and gives a GM so many ideas...hopefully friendly ones for the pcs haha so heres the new batch.

1. i noticed the netbook had cannons and other blackpowder listed so will these be floating around inworld? and if so how will they be controlled mechanics wise
2. what kind if any creative influences do we have over the territories we controll, racial demographics, climate etc
3. clarifying previous #4 i ment more how will our characters be able to direct the industry of our territory "build a castle here" etc
4. if answerable at this stage what will the main differences be in playing the japan/china hybrid culture vs the european be
5. will there be some sort of system in place for diplomacy with penalties and bonus's for race, culture, etc for interaction with NPC's
6. seems like there will be some degree of faction "custimization" id love to hear more about it
7. how many players do you currently have lined up and if there is room could i help find more

PS: on previous #7 that sounds awesome the ability to forge aliances, wage war, etc all on other factions that are PC and NPC will be VERY fun and intersting
pblackcrow
Champion

BABSDAGGER wrote:may i suggest in addition to the netbook we use "http://kimberlychapman.com/rpg/equipment.html" its a great resource if a bit longwinded.

Not going to happen. Sorry, but I hate the fact they have everything in gold.

1. i noticed the netbook had cannons and other blackpowder listed so will these be floating around inworld? and if so how will they be controlled mechanics wise

That will all depend upon other factors, such as: how well the alchemists are treated and taxed, and the extent to how much new ideas are rewarded and over all treated. But also there will be new inventions/technology that will be given to a kingdom as means of rewarding a player for getting his kingdom out of trouble with very few casualties. I have a large list of things. As for the mechanics though that will take time to explain.

2. what kind if any creative influences do we have over the territories we controll, racial demographics, climate etc

A fair bit, just describe what time of terrain, climate, and overall racial structure and I will try to accommodate it.

3. clarifying previous #4 i ment more how will our characters be able to direct the industry of our territory "build a castle here" etc

That will once again depends on other factors that you will have to choose on your own. Such as location, and how many points you choose to spend on stone masons, and stone quarries or earth warlocks, etc.

4. if answerable at this stage what will the main differences be in playing the japan/china hybrid culture vs the european be

At first levels, there aren't really any major differences other than cosmetically and architecturally.

5. will there be some sort of system in place for diplomacy with penalties and bonus's for race, culture, etc for interaction with NPC's

Not to the extent of the Palladium setting.

6. seems like there will be some degree of faction "custimization" id love to hear more about it

The only way that will happen will be to play. Sorry, I never give away all my secrets in games.

7. how many players do you currently have lined up and if there is room could i help find more

None, other then you. And I would welcome that.

PS: on previous #7 that sounds awesome the ability to forge aliances, wage war, etc all on other factions that are PC and NPC will be VERY fun and intersting
[/quote]

It is not going to be all about war fair.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

pblackcrow wrote:On line RPG where you get the opportunity to play as a ruler. Start out as a lesser king or queen. The story line is: the high king/emperor is dead, with out any appointing anyone to take over after him. Feuds between the nobility erupted in hopes of usurping the thrown of the high king has all but crushed this massive empire in a matter of 10 years. And the same time peasants have revolted for 10 years in almost every fiefdom, city state, etc in the other empire.

It is currently the 11th year. None of the current kings and queens are the ones who started the feuds or oppressed the people. There is no high king/emperor in either kingdom. The feudal system has been put into place to avoid the chaos of a empire with out a clear ruler of any kind. (Look at what happened when Alexander the Great died. The best thing to do was to divide the empire and empower the surviving noble families that can be claim lands that are to be independent kingdoms until they can agree on a way to resolve things without total anarchy braking loose once again over who will rule and who won't.)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... piento.jpg

Did you do the map?
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
pblackcrow
Champion

No, I didn't.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Okay, well... as an artist who uses DeviantArt to show my work, I can tell you that direct linking the image circumvents the artist knowing you are showing it.. Link to the page it's on so he can see that people are admiring his work.. it's the least you can do.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
pblackcrow
Champion

MADMANMIKE wrote:Okay, well... as an artist who uses DeviantArt to show my work, I can tell you that direct linking the image circumvents the artist knowing you are showing it.. Link to the page it's on so he can see that people are admiring his work.. it's the least you can do.

Point taken, and thanks for doing that.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Just wondering if you had gotten this game up and running yet....and if so, how's it going?

I do enjoy these games, but it's one of those things where I prefer to sit at a table and handle it... where I can have the full discussion, where I can coerce negotiate deals face to face with players, etc...

But I am curious as to how it's working for you.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

we have not yet started as so far im the only potential player on board, but the game hasn't been publicized yet to any great extent other then this post and the few friends that may have been informed. Its great to see someone else taking an interest in the game!, and while i would agree that a face to face game is awesome out of the few iv had there is no reason we cant get reasonably close via the interweb. Theres this great site called roll20 "http://roll20.net/" that allows for voice and video chat built into an amazing digital campaign and miniture management system. So far PBlackcrow has been great at answering all my questions here and in PMs for character development and im sure he would love to go over anything your curious about before hoping onboard.

So let us know whats on your mind, and any ideas you have for characters, game details etc. its nice to have a fresh mind look at it
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

One of my problems with internet gaming is family leaving me alone.. You see, if I'm gone to a game, it's easy. But if I'm online at a game, I get hell from the wife and kid. You get a lot more interruptions and distractions than you do at a table game.
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I have been running the same online Skype/roll20 game for almost 2 years- it works great!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:One of my problems with internet gaming is family leaving me alone.. You see, if I'm gone to a game, it's easy. But if I'm online at a game, I get hell from the wife and kid. You get a lot more interruptions and distractions than you do at a table game.

I have noticed this too but if done in a room with a closed door it shouldn't be much of a problem. My fiance and daughter leave me alone if I do this.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
pblackcrow
Champion

I maybe use ooVoo. Not sure at this point. I've been rather busy of late, but when things calm I will post a bit more about things.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

Hey crow, I'd be really interested in getting in on this. I have a few questions.

1. Obviously rolling up "characters" is a little different than usual, in the sense that we are rolling up more of a kingdom than an individual charater. How would we go about doing this?

2. Do we get to chose if we are on the Asian side or European side?

3. I suppose this is an extension of question 1, how do we determine the wealth of individual kingdom? Not every kingdom will have the same resourses.

that's all I got for now, but I'm sure I will think of more later
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

i hope im not going outside of what pblackcrow wants but i can give an answer to one of these questions with

Do we get to chose if we are on the Asian side or European side?

answer is yes, i was told that he would actualy prefer a degree of diversity of pc kingdoms

as for the other two questions i can only give aproximations cobbeled together from pms but here goes

Obviously rolling up "characters" is a little different than usual, in the sense that we are rolling up more of a kingdom than an individual charater. How would we go about doing this?

from what i understand with my attempt at submitting a character concept we might have an "individual" character which we role up and acts as the leader of our kingdom allthough the specifics of how that will work are not yet known to me. The kingdom itself will allso be player created with various customization options and agin the specifics of how that works are not yet known. It was said that the degree of custimization here is going to be more then what i personally expected it to be, i had alot of questions geared toward climate, geography, racial populations etc and was answered in such a way as to let me know that quit a bit of this would just be chosen at will and the rest has to do with your next question.

[quoteI suppose this is an extension of question 1, how do we determine the wealth of individual kingdom? Not every kingdom will have the same resourses.][/quote]
as far as starting resources this is uknown for now, but from what i learned in my lines of questioning the future wealth of your kingdom will be mostly in the players hands, which taxs you set, how you direct the industry of your nation with policy as well what i loosely described as "points into catagorey x". So our personaly choices could render us poor or rich down the road and the history behind our kingdom as well as other factors yet to be detailed may help determine starting wealth

i hope this helped to clarify your questions and made you think up some new ones but as i am not the GM consider all of the previous heresay and rumor untill the GM answers these questions directly, i reserve the right to be shielded from GM wrath by saying he may change any part of the information used to make these answers and aproximations. Allso as it is ungodly early i reserve the right to not use spellcheck :wink:

all that being said id love to see this forum alive with posts about ideas for kingdoms, let us know where your imagination took you when you read over this, take us on a tour of your kingdoms wonders both common and spectacular :D .
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

Thanks, that clears up a few things a bit. I knew alot was going to depend on the choices we made. Everytime you roll a character they start out with something, what we do with it from there is up to us. That's why I asked what we would be starting with. Hope we can get the ball rolling on this :-D
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
pblackcrow
Champion

TheGameMaster wrote:Hey crow, I'd be really interested in getting in on this. I have a few questions.

1. Obviously rolling up "characters" is a little different than usual, in the sense that we are rolling up more of a kingdom than an individual charater. How would we go about doing this?

2. Do we get to chose if we are on the Asian side or European side?

3. I suppose this is an extension of question 1, how do we determine the wealth of individual kingdom? Not every kingdom will have the same resourses.

that's all I got for now, but I'm sure I will think of more later

1. You're own PC's stats doesn't really matter, it's your kingdom stats that matters. But for humans 3d8, no extra die. No stat under 10.
2. Yes you can choose.
3. RIGHT!!! Don't worry, I will determining what is currently available at the start.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

2 players so far...anyone else interested in playing?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Good start.
What are the Titles of the Nobility and what is the size of land each control.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

gaby wrote:Good start.

Love the idea and nice map, sad to see this looks to not have happened.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
pblackcrow
Champion

gaby wrote:Good start.

Everyone starts out as a king or queen, or for those who wish to play a hermaphrodite both King-Queen. Over turn or win 5 kingdoms, and the title of grand king/queen will be bestowed upon you. You become the Emperor only when you have either 1) conquered a majority (35 kingdoms), or 2) you've convinced 75% of the people on your continent that you are truly fit to be the Emperor. And by the way, the other kingdoms CAN still pose a threat!

As far as size goes, that must be rolled.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

I am still interested. What lvl are you thinking for main characters?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
pblackcrow
Champion

SittingBull wrote:I am still interested. What lvl are you thinking for main characters?

Oh, yeah...I had forgot to mention that part, you will start out at level 7, however, your kingdom starts out at level ZERO. In short, you must find a way to #1 rebuild/build a city. Though your people have been rallied to your side. BECAUSE the other nobles in the kingdom have been killed, are not as favored, they are all too corrupted, not of aged, too old, not in "good moral standings" with the people, simply don't want it, will never be able to have an Heir, or 6 dozen more reasons as to why they favor you.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

pblackcrow wrote:
SittingBull wrote:I am still interested. What lvl are you thinking for main characters?

Oh, yeah...I had forgot to mention that part, you will start out at level 7, however, your kingdom starts out at level ZERO. In short, you must find a way to #1 rebuild/build a city. Though your people have been rallied to your side. BECAUSE the other nobles in the kingdom have been killed, are not as favored, they are all too corrupted, not of aged, too old, not in "good moral standings" with the people, simply don't want it, will never be able to have an Heir, or 6 dozen more reasons as to why they favor you.

Lvl 7, interesting; where you going for a chat based game that meets at a certain time or a post by post game? I am presuming a chat based game.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
pblackcrow
Champion

I will probably use ooVoo, when I have more time...I will go into more details.

But I shall be meeting with everyone, individually.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

pblackcrow wrote:I will probably use ooVoo, when I have more time...I will go into more details.

But I shall be meeting with everyone, individually.

ooVoo?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What is the Population you are common for the Towns,Cities,Metrpolis and Capital.
pblackcrow
Champion

The exact number will all need to be rolled up. But they will probably start with about 50,000 people. And have to spend points on what to make them. The better ones will have refugees and the like coming into their kingdom and expanding the population. As well as births, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

I think I need to check on the nights before I get too interested though if ANY game could be done by post this would be it. Since there is no group per say.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

it sort of feels like this could be a really interesting twist on certain games like Civilization or risk but with lots of role playing stuff. It will be intersting to see what pblackcrow puts together to handle all this since its going to require allot of framework that does not exist in palladium books. My personal problem at this point is to many ideas for kingdoms there is so much potential with all the customization thats being alowed so far.
pblackcrow
Champion

SittingBull wrote:I think I need to check on the nights before I get too interested though if ANY game could be done by post this would be it. Since there is no group per say.

No, because you would want to keep some of what you do hushed. Play by e-mail though would be quite possible.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

BABSDAGGER wrote:My personal problem at this point is to many ideas for kingdoms there is so much potential with all the customization thats being alowed so far.

Like what, if you don't mind me asking? And why is that a problem?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
BABSDAGGER
D-Bee

Not a problem in any serious way just in that i feel there will be so much to keep track of that playing multipul kigndoms is probaly far to much data to track. Everytime i start to think about this game i come up with new very basic ideas based around something, there are tons of great examples of intersting cultures and kingdoms to do with human history on real earth let alone all the sterotypes for the alternate races that we could play as. Dwarves in there underground fortress's, elves high in there trees etc and of course makeing up something unique allways makes the options so much harder to pick from. At the momunt im trying to decide between some form of partial/full underground type kingdom vs above ground with a large race.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Me want in!

I shall be the God-Emperor, and my people will worship me as such. I'll have Inquisitors who ferret out heretics who worship anyone or thing but me. I'll build my government around a triad system of underlings, one representing my church, the second my administration, and finally the third who will be titled Warmaster! Collectively these three will be called my High Lords. Power will rest ultimately in only my hands, but I'll dole some out to inbred nobles, and genius military generals. I shall have an army of millions, who march perfectly in time, and are the instrument of my iron will. I will not be kind to my subjects, but I will be worse to my enemies. Through a ironclad system of religious dogma I will control the will of my people. With my vast armies they will bend their knees. I will make unfair demands of them, sacrifice millions, all to further my ultimate goal.....

Domination of the Mega-verse. Ave Impertor!

Thought for the day: Blind Faith is Pure.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
SittingBull
Hero

Well good luck, would love to give it a go but if no idea on a night (if chat based) then I cant hold out hope for it at this point. I will follow it though if the game is logged if nothing else.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

I actually do like the idea of this being email... and if that were the case, I would go for it..
--
GS
>>>----Therumancer--->

pblackcrow
Champion

Ravenwing wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Me want in!

I shall be the God-Emperor, and my people will worship me as such. I'll have Inquisitors who ferret out heretics who worship anyone or thing but me. I'll build my government around a triad system of underlings, one representing my church, the second my administration, and finally the third who will be titled Warmaster! Collectively these three will be called my High Lords. Power will rest ultimately in only my hands, but I'll dole some out to inbred nobles, and genius military generals. I shall have an army of millions, who march perfectly in time, and are the instrument of my iron will. I will not be kind to my subjects, but I will be worse to my enemies. Through a ironclad system of religious dogma I will control the will of my people. With my vast armies they will bend their knees. I will make unfair demands of them, sacrifice millions, all to further my ultimate goal.....

Domination of the Mega-verse. Ave Impertor!

Thought for the day: Blind Faith is Pure.

Good luck with that ambition, especial in this game!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

Could make a FB group for it. Play by post and then players, most, could check or post from phones if they had to or wanted.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
pblackcrow
Champion

SittingBull wrote:Well good luck, would love to give it a go but if no idea on a night (if chat based) then I cant hold out hope for it at this point. I will follow it though if the game is logged if nothing else.

It's either e-mail, chat, or video chat, it will be mostly solo games! Those are the only 3 options to playing! THERE WILL BE NO LOGGING, for the same exact reason it will not be play by post. To try to eliminate the threat of people knowing what exactly is going on in the other kingdoms. AKA: Cheating! Now, if they go and blab about their kingdom on here, then that's them. And I have no control of what that. I don't advise it, but if they wish to I can't stop them. Just know that I am not going to do it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

BABSDAGGER wrote:Not a problem in any serious way just in that i feel there will be so much to keep track of that playing multipul kigndoms is probaly far to much data to track. Everytime i start to think about this game i come up with new very basic ideas based around something, there are tons of great examples of intersting cultures and kingdoms to do with human history on real earth let alone all the sterotypes for the alternate races that we could play as. Dwarves in there underground fortress's, elves high in there trees etc and of course makeing up something unique allways makes the options so much harder to pick from. At the momunt im trying to decide between some form of partial/full underground type kingdom vs above ground with a large race.

You would be surprised at what I can keep track of. Plus, I have designed some sheets exactly for it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
SittingBull
Hero

I forgot FB has email. I could do email.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
pblackcrow
Champion

E-mail on FB is fine, it doesn't always work, but it will be fine.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Goliath Strongarm wrote:I actually do like the idea of this being email... and if that were the case, I would go for it..

Cool...Welcome aboard!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

And actually it is going to be all 3. E-mail, chat, and video chat.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”