Nova Markets

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Nova Markets

Unread post by taalismn »

Ah-ha! Welcome to the Interdimensional Military-Industrial Complex! :bandit: 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Khord - Lizard Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Khord - Lizard Mage »

My first question is how does a three round burst of a 4d6MD weapon magically change to 2d4x10MD? The max damage for the 3 round burst is 10x that of a single shot.
"It's not just a Race, it's an occupation." - Khord

"Fear the Evil Red D20" - R.I.P. Arne Karl Swenson
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Nice start, keep it coming.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Firebird....nice little adventurer ride.... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

Just one question about the Kyropt, but other than that I like it a lot. What does it get for hit points? I saw the S.D.C. value.
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

Thanks for the response. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
taalismn
Priest

Yowzah....I see I'm going to have some reading to catch up on!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Yowzah....I see I'm going to have some reading to catch up on!

:lol:
Yeah sorry...
I posted all of my backlogged stuff so I know what I still need to write up.

Ah, a man already looking ambitiously to the future!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Go for it, It can't ALL be about new toys and whiz-bangs. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Johnnycat93 wrote:Kyropt Fire Salamander

If enough people ask I would be willing to also stat out the evil, genetically-manipulated kyropt. :-)

Ok so when is it.

Telling us about
Johnnycat93 wrote: ...wayward students of the Alithus World University
field trips would be nice.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Interesting. Blunt force trauma power armor. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:So I've been working on a setting for my next rifts game: Titans End! A frozen wasteland on the edge of the colonized galaxy. I've been working the entire setting: politics, monsters, equipment, environment, history, you name it.

Here I'm posting one of the many monsters I've written up for it. A violent, sociopathic hunter. The wasteland wanderer!

Wasteland Wanderer.

Ouch....all the more so because in the wastelands, you take what help you can get. But if you don't dare trust strangers....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:[I am SO looking forwarding to messing with my players on Titans End. I think only one of them has any sort of experience with "survival horror" so it should be fun to watch the look on their faces as their situation becomes more and more dire.

THen you give them the choice: Draw lots to see who gets offed to extend supplies...

Or...

Dueling banjos soundtrack....oh dear...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

Johnnycat93 wrote:Nova Markets Precision Laser Mod

New from Nova Markets, have you ever been in a situation where your next shot can make the difference between life and death? Forced to wonder if your final attack will hit hard enough to finish off your opponent? Now you don’t need to, because Nova Markets brand new precision laser modification kit promises to make sure know exactly how much damage each one of your attacks will do. Once applied, the upgrade normalizes the damage of any laser weapon beyond the standard factory settings. This comes at the cost of a slightly reduced overall damage capacity, but at the benefit of letting the user know just how much damage he has done. So if you’re tired of dealing with the uncertainty of normal laser weapons then pick up a precision laser mod today!
Mod Effect: The kit can only be applied to laser weapons (single or pulse), no other types of weapons are applicable. The weapons power becomes such that it deals the exact same amount of damage with every shot. The new damage is the average of the old dice pool. Thus, a weapon that deals 4D6 MD per shot deals 12 MD per shot once the modification has been applied.
Additionally, the damage caused by the weapon on a critical strike is reduced to only 1.5x that of the normal damage rather than the usual 2x. The increase in damage control also makes the weapon more accurate, giving the user a +2 to strike when using the modified weapon.
Cost: The kit costs 15,000 credits by itself. Installing the modification requires the equivalent knowledge of Field Armorer & Munitions Expert. Alternatively a Nova Markets technician can install the mod at a nominal fee of only 2,000 credits.

Hmmm, I really like this precision Laser Modification but the average for 1d6 is 3.5 which would make the damage from a 4d6 weapon 14 instead of 12.
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

Johnnycat93 wrote:
Godogma wrote:

New from Nova Markets, have you ever been in a situation where your next shot can make the difference between life and death? Forced to wonder if your final attack will hit hard enough to finish off your opponent? Now you don’t need to, because Nova Markets brand new precision laser modification kit promises to make sure know exactly how much damage each one of your attacks will do. Once applied, the upgrade normalizes the damage of any laser weapon beyond the standard factory settings. This comes at the cost of a slightly reduced overall damage capacity, but at the benefit of letting the user know just how much damage he has done. So if you’re tired of dealing with the uncertainty of normal laser weapons then pick up a precision laser mod today!
Mod Effect: The kit can only be applied to laser weapons (single or pulse), no other types of weapons are applicable. The weapons power becomes such that it deals the exact same amount of damage with every shot. The new damage is the average of the old dice pool. Thus, a weapon that deals 4D6 MD per shot deals 12 MD per shot once the modification has been applied.
Additionally, the damage caused by the weapon on a critical strike is reduced to only 1.5x that of the normal damage rather than the usual 2x. The increase in damage control also makes the weapon more accurate, giving the user a +2 to strike when using the modified weapon.
Cost: The kit costs 15,000 credits by itself. Installing the modification requires the equivalent knowledge of Field Armorer & Munitions Expert. Alternatively a Nova Markets technician can install the mod at a nominal fee of only 2,000 credits.

Hmmm, I really like this precision Laser Modification but the average for 1d6 is 3.5 which would make the damage from a 4d6 weapon 14 instead of 12.

I think thats the rolling average. I used the mathematical average of 1D6 which I think is 3.

Mathematical average of 1d6 is actually 3.5, I had to have a math guy explain it to me when we were doing GURPS constantly. There is one math based toolbox of a game with no flavor at all if you've never tried it. Math guys tend to like it though. *grumble*

But that's neither here nor there. :)

EDIT: And the mathematical average of 1d4 is actually 2.5 strangely enough.
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

Johnnycat93 wrote:
Godogma wrote:
Johnnycat93 wrote:
Godogma wrote:

I think thats the rolling average. I used the mathematical average of 1D6 which I think is 3.

Mathematical average of 1d6 is actually 3.5, I had to have a math guy explain it to me when we were doing GURPS constantly. There is one math based toolbox of a game with no flavor at all if you've never tried it. Math guys tend to like it though. *grumble*

But that's neither here nor there. :)

EDIT: And the mathematical average of 1d4 is actually 2.5 strangely enough.

I looked up the reason:
assuming each side has an equal probability it looks like this:
1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21
21/6 = 3.5

So you are right, but I'm gonna round down to 3 for the purpose of this mod.

In that case I'm not sure why someone would use it... A range of 4-24 damage with a chance for twice that on a crit drops to 12 flat and only 1.5 as a critical damage multiplier... You're losing a lot of potential damage for a much smaller amount of guaranteed damage.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Godogma wrote:In that case I'm not sure why someone would use it... A range of 4-24 damage with a chance for twice that on a crit drops to 12 flat and only 1.5 as a critical damage multiplier... You're losing a lot of potential damage for a much smaller amount of guaranteed damage.

Consistent damage is usually more important than potential damage, at least in my book.
That low roll from time to time can really screw you over when it counts.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:Dark Kyropt

The Dark Kyropt (or shadow hunter as it is sometimes referred) is a new breed of Splugorth monster designed to be a brutal super-hunter. In this the creature has performed frighteningly well. .

More target practice with plasma cannon, I see. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Ah, another spur to our air defense division, I see! :wink: :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Ah! Another CS toy to drive the fires of competition hotter... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates, I got a lot of stuff queuing up and not a lot of time to work on it. Plus I recently got into a D&D game so a good part of my creative energy has gone to that ( :lol: ).

Here's a list of what I hope to release in the next couple of months:
Sword-Slinger OCC
Nova Markets: Thermal Cutters
Titan's End: Enviroments and Monsters
"Carnage"; The first John Malise Special!
Bullet Witch OCC
Nova Markets: "Castle" Siege Walker
And possibly Zom-Burge (Dead Reign Material) with updated material for Flake's Warehouse and his two new "assistants"

Happy Trails!

Plus there's always the stuff that pops up spur of the moment and DEMANDS to be written while you're trying to keep on a schedule of other stuff. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

On the first read-thru, the Sword-Slinger looks pretty slick. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Doesn't matter if he can't die; if you can hammer in enough stakes through enough parts of his body, into a firm enough under-surface, he'll be spending his time trying to pry himself loose. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Doesn't matter if he can't die; if you can hammer in enough stakes through enough parts of his body, into a firm enough under-surface, he'll be spending his time trying to pry himself loose. :twisted:

Why not just shoot him into the sun?

Not everybody has surface to space launch capability, you know? But a good sledgehammer is a lot easier to come by. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like your work. I am planning on using it in my campaign. Please keep them coming.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Ouch. Bet the Splugorth would LOVE to see arena fights between Bullet Witches, Combat Mages, and Smokers(Manhunter). Pure magic violence.... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aw Hell...more serious ouchiness! :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

But I'm serious about putting a Bullet-Witch up against a Psi-Shooter or a Gun Master from China. :P ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Johnnycat93 wrote:
taalismn wrote:But I'm serious about putting a Bullet-Witch up against a Psi-Shooter or a Gun Master from China. :P ;)

Well, on average Bullet Magic is only half as powerful as a Gun Masters abilities. Although their access to magic gives them some sort of advantage. As for a psi-slinger, I'm pretty sure the Bullet Witch and the Gun Master would both beat it.

Especially if it's two on one.
"Hi, morons! I'm the fastest gun in the-"
"You mind not interrupting?"
"We're having a standoff here."
"Comparing the size of our guns."
"In a manner of speaking."
"Can't you hear the Ennio Morricone music playing?"
"So sod off, poser."
"Hey! Don't talk to me like that! I'll make you eat tho-"
*BLAM*BLAM*
"... :shock: ..."
#THUD#
"Now, where were we?"
"Chi versus magic."
"Right. Now -I- say..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new material. I was planning on using the creatures. But I would like to have shops in my game offer the weapons and the brawler to my players.I have to read the OCC more carefully, but they look like a lot of fun.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool. Since you are doing this colony. Does this mean well will get some vehicles for them?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh ok. It is ok. Just please continue to detail the Titan's End material.

HH....FIE
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Dig'n on the Blade-Slinger and the Bullet Witch.
Got a question about the Blade-Slinger, how would they handle Kittani plasma weapons,or magic weapons that also have a ranged attack.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Johnnycat93 wrote:*Update*

I was just informed that the original download link I gave for the World of Blades was dead. In light of this I have instead hosted the file through google docs and it should now be fully view-able.

What is the new link to 'World of Blades'? Please

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Guess I was just too lazy too look.
Thank you.

Return to “Rifts®”