new glitter boy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oger333
Explorer

new glitter boy

Unread post by oger333 »

I've gone through the new rifts black market the shadow boy is cool , it got me thinking,if anyone hand ideas or other custom glitter boy armor .?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: new glitter boy

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i think there are probably more types of glitter boy (or minor variant, eg glitter girl) in rifts cannon than there are major tech powers quite frankly. whether or not we have, the authors certainly have been busy introducing new variations of the glitter boy. also the SAMAS, though that's not *quite* as ubiquitous (to be fair, the glitter boy is kinda one of the original central ideas the setting was based on as i understand it... so it's not *too* surprising to see kevin getting a little excited about new types of glitter boy).

but yeah, i mean, you've got flying variants, space variants, variants with two main guns, variants with two main guns that are not boom guns... heck, there's variants i don't even know enough to tell you what the variant is. the only one i can think of that may not have been done is an underwater variant, and i'm not about to guarantee that one either.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Shark_Force wrote:i think there are probably more types of glitter boy (or minor variant, eg glitter girl) in rifts cannon than there are major tech powers quite frankly. whether or not we have, the authors certainly have been busy introducing new variations of the glitter boy. also the SAMAS, though that's not *quite* as ubiquitous (to be fair, the glitter boy is kinda one of the original central ideas the setting was based on as i understand it... so it's not *too* surprising to see kevin getting a little excited about new types of glitter boy).

but yeah, i mean, you've got flying variants, space variants, variants with two main guns, variants with two main guns that are not boom guns... heck, there's variants i don't even know enough to tell you what the variant is. the only one i can think of that may not have been done is an underwater variant, and i'm not about to guarantee that one either.

+1.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

oger333 wrote:I've gone through the new rifts black market the shadow boy is cool , it got me thinking,if anyone hand ideas or other custom glitter boy armor .?

Yes. There are a number of variant glitterboys spread throughout the books. Free Quebec is a treasure trove. I would post some of my ideas for new GB variants, but I'm saving those for a FQ sourcebook.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
oger333 wrote:I've gone through the new rifts black market the shadow boy is cool , it got me thinking,if anyone hand ideas or other custom glitter boy armor .?

Yes. There are a number of variant glitterboys spread throughout the books. Free Quebec is a treasure trove. I would post some of my ideas for new GB variants, but I'm saving those for a FQ sourcebook.

For the love of God, man, don't write up any new GB variants!

Come up with new bots and/or armor that utilize GB technology. Laser-resistant tanks and lightweight power armor, laser-resistant versions of the Abolisher or other huge bots, whatever.
But with all the GBs already out there, Palladium's kind of coming off like Gob Bluth and his idea for "**** Mountain."
Success is built on innovation, not repetition.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Don´t get me wrong: I love the GB variants but I think FQ and other books have this topic covered. I would love to see VIOLATOR SAMAS variants!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Come up with new bots and/or armor that utilize GB technology. Laser-resistant tanks and lightweight power armor, laser-resistant versions of the Abolisher or other huge bots, whatever.
But with all the GBs already out there, Palladium's kind of coming off like Gob Bluth and his idea for "**** Mountain."

Agreed.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
The Galactus Kid

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

There will be all kinds of new equipment in the book since it will primarily focus on the QRDF
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Not a gliltterboy, but I did have an idea for a CS Mauler conversion to enable the use of a boom gun. Simply named the "Big Shot" Mauler.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
The Galactus Kid

Personally I'm hoping other designs that I'm doing for other books make the cut before any of these other Glitter Boys.

Big Ivan and the Empress Cannon...It's just fun to say.

Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

Yeah, some other typs of armors other than further Glitter Boy variants would be nice. Take ARCHIE-3. He can obviously construct NEMA gear, so how about a chromium version of the Standard NEMA Body Armor? Chromium seems to increase the MDC of armor by 50% above what it'd be otherwise, so instead of being 120 MDC that armor would be 180 MDC and be laser resistant just like a Glitter Boy. Chromium robots would be pretty nice, too. And ARCHIE-3's also behind Titan Robotics, so why not a Chromium Flying Titan? And of course, a Glitterborg would be pretty awesome...
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
oger333
Explorer

Unread post by oger333 »

thought , maybe a glitter boy bot ?
oger333
Explorer

Unread post by oger333 »

maybe like a skull bot but glitter boy bot
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

oger333 wrote:maybe like a skull bot but glitter boy bot

What would be the purpose of it? Beyond wanting high stats that is?
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

GenThunderfist wrote:

I imagine its purpose is the same as any, some in-universe experiment to expand the range of places the impressive GB Crome Armor is used. Free Quebec built the scaled down Glitter Boy power armor used by some of their support troops because it's extremely protective and provides laser protection to boot. While lasers aren't the only threat it's still better than not having any special advantage against anything. While it's too heavy for SAMAS production (at least not without Phase World anti-Gravity technology) it's perfect for borgs, which we know people want to load out as tough as possible (just look at Triax, one borg design has nearly as much MDC as a Glitter Boy).

Given the setting a Glitter Borg seems eminently logical, where people are cutting and pasting ideas between tech platforms all the time to see what works better together and what doesn't.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Nightmask wrote: While it's too heavy for SAMAS production (at least not without Phase World anti-Gravity technology) it's perfect for borgs, which we know people want to load out as tough as possible (just look at Triax, one borg design has nearly as much MDC as a Glitter Boy).

actually, Pre-rifts NEMA had the silver eagle SAMAS which was a USA-PA-06 SAMAS made with chrome armor, providing heavier armor and anti-laser protection.

the non-chrome CS Deaths Head samas and the pre-rifts US Airforce Eagle Samas were non-chrome copies of the Silver Eagle.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

RedRose wrote:I've skimmed over the BM, GB and here are my thoughts.

Leave it to the Black market, to not only make thier glitterboy have LESS
mega damage capacity, but also have a weapon that can only be fired
once a melee !!

I would understand it if it had some type of other ability to compensate
for this, but reading about it there is nothing to compensate for it what
so ever. And the spells its capable of are highly highly highly limited !

Poorest version of the Glitterboy yet seen.

I didn't read that

Black Market Preview wrote:Rate of Fire: Single shot. Each blast counts as one melee attack.
Bursts and sprays are not possible
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Johnnycat93 wrote:Shes talking about the skriek cannon off the TW glitter boy, it can only be fired once a melee

No wonder, it's TW :P
SAMASzero
Explorer

Unread post by SAMASzero »

I'd like to know who the hell thought they were balancing the TW Glitterboy. Seriously? 1D6x10 damage for a main gun that only fires once per melee? Starfire guns weaker than the normal version?

Go back and look at that picture again do you really think you did that justice? or for that matter, the description on the next page?
Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

Wow, for something that fires only once per round you'd think it'd do more damage than 1d6x10. You know what would be nice? A TW gun which fires a blast equal to the Annihilate spell from the Federation of Magic book. Now THAT would be worthwhile as a one-shot-per-round weapon. We have to remember, after all, that a standard Glitter Boy pilot is going to have a boatload of attacks each melee round. At a bare minimum a level 1 Glitter Boy's going to have, what, 7 attacks? Assuming an average of 100 MD per Boom Gun blast that's 700 Mega-Damage per melee round. So if you had a TW Glitter Boy with an Annihilate gun which could only fire once per round, on average that does 500 Mega-Damage, so even that is STILL weaker than your average Glitter Boy.

While it's too heavy for SAMAS production

glitterboy2098 has the right of it. The NEMA Flying Eagle SAMAS is a chromium armored SAMAS with 450 MDC. It's pretty damned awesome, and I don't understand why the Republicans didn't make their Golden Eagle chromium armored, too.
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, the Republicans had less raw resources to work with in PA110 than NEMA did in prerifts times. and they were using facilities 'on the sly' and apparently had time limits for each use. so it is possible they limited chrome armor to just a few units in order to maximize their production of each type they were building.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Nightmask wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:

I imagine its purpose is the same as any, some in-universe experiment to expand the range of places the impressive GB Crome Armor is used. Free Quebec built the scaled down Glitter Boy power armor used by some of their support troops because it's extremely protective and provides laser protection to boot. While lasers aren't the only threat it's still better than not having any special advantage against anything. While it's too heavy for SAMAS production (at least not without Phase World anti-Gravity technology) it's perfect for borgs, which we know people want to load out as tough as possible (just look at Triax, one borg design has nearly as much MDC as a Glitter Boy).

Given the setting a Glitter Borg seems eminently logical, where people are cutting and pasting ideas between tech platforms all the time to see what works better together and what doesn't.

They have a Glitter Borg...it's called the Glitter Borg and it's found in Rifter 51 under Official Material for Triax 2.

It sucks. It only has 199 MDC (I say 'only' because it's not that much more than a standard full conversion borg in RUE at minimum MDC), and it's 11 ft., specialized laser cannon, main gun does 1D4X10 MDC, which isn't that much more than a standard TX-500 Borg Railgun (only doing 4 more MDC at minimum and max damage - not including crits)

So, really, the Glitter Borg isn't particularly better than a standard combat borg, besides having chromium armor, which the only actual thing it does is defend against lasers...

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

GenThunderfist wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:

They have a Glitter Borg...it's called the Glitter Borg and it's found in Rifter 51 under Official Material for Triax 2.

It sucks. It only has 199 MDC (I say 'only' because it's not that much more than a standard full conversion borg in RUE at minimum MDC), and it's 11 ft., specialized laser cannon, main gun does 1D4X10 MDC, which isn't that much more than a standard TX-500 Borg Railgun (only doing 4 more MDC at minimum and max damage - not including crits)

So, really, the Glitter Borg isn't particularly better than a standard combat borg, besides having chromium armor, which the only actual thing it does is defend against lasers...

Sounds like it was majorly nerfed, a Glitter Borg should be a heavy hitter more in the 500+ MDC range rather than barely passable like that. Plus should have a high-end rail gun or particle beam weapon rather than a laser cannon especially one that weak.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Cyber-Knight wrote:Yeah, some other typs of armors other than further Glitter Boy variants would be nice. Take ARCHIE-3. He can obviously construct NEMA gear, so how about a chromium version of the Standard NEMA Body Armor? Chromium seems to increase the MDC of armor by 50% above what it'd be otherwise, so instead of being 120 MDC that armor would be 180 MDC and be laser resistant just like a Glitter Boy. Chromium robots would be pretty nice, too. And ARCHIE-3's also behind Titan Robotics, so why not a Chromium Flying Titan? And of course, a Glitterborg would be pretty awesome...

Because that would send red flags up to the other powers in north America, since that is part of the glitterboys tech, FQ and CS would very interst in how they got it.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Nightmask wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:

Sounds like it was majorly nerfed, a Glitter Borg should be a heavy hitter more in the 500+ MDC range rather than barely passable like that. Plus should have a high-end rail gun or particle beam weapon rather than a laser cannon especially one that weak.

That's kind of the point. A lot, well, some, of the Glitter cross technologies arn't really that great from what has been Officially provided. I don't know why, but it seems that only Glitterboys and direct offsprings (ex. fat boy) and Chromium plating work well together, everything else is just bad and doesn't hold up to the original concept of being a large siege type weapon.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I've ran GB pilots and have allowed players running GB pilots to have arm mounted vibro blades and or energy weapons which were installed at the factory. Not giving the mecha an optional close quarters weapon is not tactically sound. Modern day tanks have machine guns to deal with infantry, thus the GB should have something to deal with infantry as well.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
oger333
Explorer

Unread post by oger333 »

I like that , i have to say the vibro swords are cool
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

I do not want to know the stats, but what is the idea behind the Shadow GB? I mean why the name "Shadow".
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Dunia wrote:I do not want to know the stats, but what is the idea behind the Shadow GB? I mean why the name "Shadow".

Basically, in simplest terms that is, it isn't a quite Glitterboy and is something completely different. The only thing that is the same is the form, and that it uses a Black Market version of the boom gun, the Baby Boom Gun. Shadowboy was just a clever naming convention to reflect the Black Market IIRC.

Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Thank you Mr Thunderfist. That was all I needed to know
gottork1967
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by gottork1967 »

not trying to get off topic but where did the original glitter girl come from, what book, I cannot seem to find it, not free quebec, before there

where she has the gattling gun and hip weapons
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

jedi078 wrote:

I've ran GB pilots and have allowed players running GB pilots to have arm mounted vibro blades and or energy weapons which were installed at the factory. Not giving the mecha an optional close quarters weapon is not tactically sound. Modern day tanks have machine guns to deal with infantry, thus the GB should have something to deal with infantry as well.

Other mods:
* "Boom" supression using a 100 kilowatt laser that fires micro-seconds prior to the actual slug traveling along the vaccuum created by the laser superheating the air. So instead of an almighty thunderous rock shattering noise, it just goes -crack-.
* Forearm mounted energy weapons, simmilar to the [name of weapon]-Rods cyborgs use, but permanently mounted in the wrist area. Short range, but good for making infantry stop & "think about it".
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

DhAkael wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

Other mods:
* "Boom" supression using a 100 kilowatt laser that fires micro-seconds prior to the actual slug traveling along the vaccuum created by the laser superheating the air. So instead of an almighty thunderous rock shattering noise, it just goes -crack-.
* Forearm mounted energy weapons, simmilar to the [name of weapon]-Rods cyborgs use, but permanently mounted in the wrist area. Short range, but good for making infantry stop & "think about it".

Except for the fact that lasers only travel in straight lines and the Boom Gun round still has a ballistic trajectory. Nice idea though. This did get me to thinking though, not about the Shadowboy, but the TW variant (I don't have a copy of Black Market, so I am really going off of hearsay at the moment). Here is a list of some TW enhancements that I think would be good for the TW Glitter Boy (or any GB for that matter.

-Carpet of Adhesion - no more need to have pylons fire before every shot
-Impervious to Energy - it takes the Glitter Boy's old laser resistance to a whole new level
-Chameleon - because when you are an 11 foot tall GLITTERING robot, the ability to hide comes in handy (same goes for the Invisibility spells)
-any of the armor spells - those are all too obvious
-Multiple Image - this makes it less likely that you get hit once the enemy finds you
-Lifeblast - coupled with the Boom Gun (or whatever main weapon it uses), very useful in monster hunting
-Reduce Self - the enemy can't find you when you are only 6" tall and they are looking for a 11' robot/power armor
-Globe of Silence - a Boom Gun with this enhancement becomes a sniper's best friend (please note that I realize that the spell itself wouldn't normally remove the sonic boom of the round once it leaves the globe, however as a TW enhancement it could be applied to the round itself so that the round never leaves the globe)
-Desiccate the Supernatural - Same as Lifeblast, but more so (the spell actually deals an amount of damage equal to a normal Boom Gun to Supernatural creatures)
-Giant - what's scarier than a Glitter Boy? One that's twice as big (or nearly so)

And those aren't even ones I felt a little to obvious to list here. Hell, now that I am thinking about it, I don't see any reason not to enchant some other armor (say a Flying Titan) with the same stuff and make it into a magical version of the Glitter Boy.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I would have to agree. I would rather see the technology applied to other PA's or body armors and vehicles before I would want more GB variants.

Same thing goes for the SAMAS. Every time I see a new GB or SAMAS, I say "not another one!".
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

The only thing I want to see is a mass produced traditional armour GB. It would have about 60% the MDC (See Silver Eagle Versus USE SAMAS for MDC Comparison of what is essentially the same unit just one with chromium and one without) so it would still be tough as hell compared to most, easier to repair and cheaper to make.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
camk4evr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by camk4evr »

In my old Rifts campaign I was creating a nation that the PCs were going to discover (unfortunately the group broke up long before I was ready toeven start seeding rumours of its existance) and I created a Glitterboy varient which replaced the chromium armour with an advanced ceramic that wasn't as effective overall as it had only about 70% the MDC of teh chromium armour but MD electrical, fire/plasma attacks, and laser attacks only did half damage (yes, there was a reason for this).
May contain peanuts
-warning I saw on a pack of Peanut Butter M&Ms
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I agree add some minor weapons to the basic GB frame. Arm mounted gun of some kind. A melee weapon maybe a vibro sword? Could even add defensive spikes? I mean a glitterboy is great but what happens when someone blows off the main gun? Kinda screwed.....
Also GBs work better in small teams. So you might have 2 BGs and a few grunts in heavy body armor, or even a couple of partial borgs as support.
Squad might be 2GBs, 2 partial conversion combat borgs, 6 grunts in body armor with decent gear. Maybe give the grunts an armored ATV.
nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by nilgravity »

I always wanted to do a Rifter article about scavenged weapons which would include a wrist mounted pylon as a weapon.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

a smaller stealth oriented glitterboy that can fly and possiblely become invisible.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Johnnycat93 wrote:
say652 wrote:a smaller stealth oriented glitterboy that can fly and possiblely become invisible.

Why? That is likely the closest I could think of to being the opposite of the intent of the GB. I mean it could be a cool PA concept, but I fail to see how it could be related to a glitterboy.

able to sneak into places silent and unseen and then unload on suprised enemies with a shoulder canoon, maybe a laser pulse canoon because lasers are silent.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

shoulder canoon, like all other glitterboys, and laser resistant like all other glitterboys. maybe a flight system also.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

say652 wrote:shoulder canoon, like all other glitterboys, and laser resistant like all other glitterboys. maybe a flight system also.

Triax 2 has something akin to this already....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

being laser resistant with a shoulder canoon is what makes a glitterboy a glitterboy. the japanese stealth version uses a laser canoon but is still quite large(around 8 feet tall i believe) so by keeping with the two things that make a glitterboy,the shoulder canoon and the laser resistance, maybe a smaller sneakier version would serve in the role of providing a glitterboy that counters the two main weaknesses of a glitterboy. the suit is big, noisy,not stealthful and cannot fly. so by fixing those things in my design how is this not a glitterboy. true no boomgun but most variants do not have a boomgun either.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

say652 wrote:being laser resistant with a shoulder canoon is what makes a glitterboy a glitterboy. the japanese stealth version uses a laser canoon but is still quite large(around 8 feet tall i believe) so by keeping with the two things that make a glitterboy,the shoulder canoon and the laser resistance, maybe a smaller sneakier version would serve in the role of providing a glitterboy that counters the two main weaknesses of a glitterboy. the suit is big, noisy,not stealthful and cannot fly. so by fixing those things in my design how is this not a glitterboy. true no boomgun but most variants do not have a boomgun either.

I suppose a flight variant of the little brother Republican model could be used for such a thing....

\m/
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

in a unit composed soley of glitterboys(the horror!) a stealth model for recon and surveillance would be required. this unit would fit the role nicely. maybe adding in some communication jammers would fit also. kinda like a military specialist model.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

as i said an army composed of glitterboys and the glitterboy variants would be a fearsome foe indeed. unless someone used the great magic of carpet of adhesion against them.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Johnnycat93 wrote:
say652 wrote:in a unit composed soley of glitterboys(the horror!) a stealth model for recon and surveillance would be required. this unit would fit the role nicely. maybe adding in some communication jammers would fit also. kinda like a military specialist model.

Yes but it would not be a glitterboy, there is no real reason to call this unit a glitterboy if it does not fufil the role defined by every other glitterboy armor. It would just be a stealth suit. A laser resistant stealth suit which, as someone already pointed out, already pretty much exists in Triax 2.

well the flyng GB in Triax 2 isn't stealth but it did fit all the other criteria...

As for what GB is, I think Japan, Quebec and Sourcebook One Revised redefined that to some degree with some of the variant models

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Johnnycat93 wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Johnnycat93 wrote:
say652 wrote:in a unit composed soley of glitterboys(the horror!) a stealth model for recon and surveillance would be required. this unit would fit the role nicely. maybe adding in some communication jammers would fit also. kinda like a military specialist model.

Yes but it would not be a glitterboy, there is no real reason to call this unit a glitterboy if it does not fufil the role defined by every other glitterboy armor. It would just be a stealth suit. A laser resistant stealth suit which, as someone already pointed out, already pretty much exists in Triax 2.

well the flyng GB in Triax 2 isn't stealth but it did fit all the other criteria...

As for what GB is, I think Japan, Quebec and Sourcebook One Revised redefined that to some degree with some of the variant models

I was speaking of the Gunman or the Sharpshooter or whatever that long range stealth bot is called.
And I can't think of too many variants that aren't still walking artillery pieces (especially not in Quebec).

Silverwolf and Glittergirl in Quebec

There is smaller variant in Japan that isn't Artillery oriented.

There is a smaller Republican model that is meant more as a straight infantry model and not artillery at all as well. While most are artillery there are enough examples of non artillery that a blanket statement of what a GB is, is no longer completely accurate.

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Johnnycat93 wrote:Ah right, well I hate those variants and tend not to remember them. So I guess I'm just biased against all variants that aren't artillery pieces.

:lol: No worries dude :ok:

\m/
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

the one thing i noticed is all variants still have two things laser resistant and a shoulder canoon. those are the key things that make a glitterboy a glitterboy. a stealth model other than being smaller and quieter as long as the basic design them stayed it would still be a glitterboy.

Return to “Rifts®”