What Do you think are the Ten Best OCC in Rifter?

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What Do you think are the Ten Best OCC in Rifter?

Unread post by gaby »

So Tell Me What do you think the Ten Best Occ in Rifter?
It Ok if ther From Rifts,Palladium fantasy,Phase world,Dead Reign and so On.

I would go First by I only have a handful of Rifters,so it will not make ten.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: What Do you think are the Ten Best OCC in Rifter?

Unread post by The Beast »

Spatial Mage
The Necro variants.
Blood Mage
Blade Mage

After that nothing really comes to mind for me.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Off the top of my head, I really liked the Astral Knight from Rifter #9 and the Master Kinetic from Rifter #25.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Pretty much every O.C.C. from Rifter 50.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I would have to say all of the updated classes for NGR in #55
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Galactus Kid

Icefalcon wrote:I would have to say all of the updated classes for NGR in #55

I like this guy.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Spatial Mage (Rifter 3)
Nordanor (Rifter 4)
The Cleaner (Rifter 6)
Trickster Mage (Rifter 9.5)
Athanatos (Rifter 16)
Familiar Wrangler (Rifter 21)
Card Mage (Rifter 24)
Zodiac Mage (Rifter 50)
Atlantean Dilettante (Rifter 52)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:

I like this guy.

Hey, you were the one to point them out to me at the Open House. Besides, NGR has always been up there as one of my favorites.
The Galactus Kid

Icefalcon wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I like this guy.

Hey, you were the one to point them out to me at the Open House. Besides, NGR has always been up there as one of my favorites.

hahaha. Awesome. Yeah, I had a lot of fun with them. Every pregen or NPC i make for the NGR will be out of that Rifter from now on. I'm going to see if the original WB 5 can absorb them the next time it goes in for reprint.

Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I like this guy.

hahaha. Awesome. Yeah, I had a lot of fun with them. Every pregen or NPC i make for the NGR will be out of that Rifter from now on. I'm going to see if the original WB 5 can absorb them the next time it goes in for reprint.

That would be awesome because I already tell my players that if they want to play a NGR soldier, that they should use the ones out of the Rifter.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Warborn
There is no spoon.
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

I have not seen all of the rifters but I have to admit I do like:

The Lucky Psychic R.C.C. from Rifter 53.
The Trickster Mage O.C.C. from rifter 9.5.

these two add some flavor to campaigns. I am actually incorperating the Lucky Psychic into one of my characters for an upcomming campaign online.

The trickster mage uses magic related to playing cards and has access to the Ludacriss magic which is theatrical magic, but some of the spells actually do some really nice amounts of damage. The udacriss Mage also appears in the Rifter 9.5.... but lets be honest the trickster is far more interesting. The Trickster mage has also has also been featured in perhaps one of the best rifter fiction stories ever written in rifters 15,16, and 17.
The Galactus Kid

I have a special place in my heart for the Reconciler O.C.C. in Rifter 36. Its official material too.

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I have a special place in my heart for the Reconciler O.C.C. in Rifter 36. Its official material too.

I had made up an O.C.C. that was a lot like the Reconciler and I was going to submit it... then I found the Reconciler like a week later after I'd written it wished I hadn't because it made my work useless.

That said, I pretty much think that all the best O.C.C.s I can think of are in Rifter #50.

And... at risk of sounding like someone with questionable preferences, I think the Zodiac Mage may be my favorite Practitioner of Magic in the entire game, period. They are well structured (within the setting), allow for a huge amount of diversity, they are really well organized (mechanically), and their spells are really neat and feel really "magical."
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
The Galactus Kid

Akashic Soldier wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:That said, I pretty much think that all the best O.C.C.s I can think of are in Rifter #50.

And... at risk of sounding like someone with questionable preferences, I think the Zodiac Mage may be my favorite Practitioner of Magic in the entire game, period. They are well structured (within the setting), allow for a huge amount of diversity, they are really well organized (mechanically), and their spells are really neat and feel really "magical."

I know, right? That issue of the Rifter is AWESOME and the Zodiac mage is pretty awesome. If I ever get into a PF capaign, I'm totally playing one.

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:If I ever get into a PF capaign, I'm totally playing one.

The antagonist of my Atlantis Rises campaign was one. He was an Aberrant Atlantean Zodiac Mage that was around when Atlantis fell and had spend eons building up his forces and invisible power base so that when the stars were aligned he could destroy Atlantis so it might never be misused ever again. Unfortunately, Atlantis (as was mentioned in WB1) was a cosmological constant and if he destroyed it, it would have caused the collapse of this dimension. It was a price he was willing to pay though so the Splugorth could no longer pervert the ancient city and its sacred magics.

He was a handsome man with the angelic likeness of Lucifer who was born under the Pegasus sign.

It was a fun game and I have been in love with the O.C.C. ever since and I plan to include them in the Dimension Book I am currently writing.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”