Using Rifter 49 Vamps together with Vampire Kingdom Vamps

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Using Rifter 49 Vamps together with Vampire Kingdom Vamps

Unread post by jaymz »

Here is something I have been toying with. Using both the Vampires as they are in Rifts (Intelligences etc) AND the Vampires of Rifter 49.

Here is the Twist.....The Vampires fo Rifter 49 are considered "True" Vampires and despise the Vampire Intelligence Vampires to the point of the two Vampire types being at war with one another and that is the unknown main reason no Vampire Kingdoms from mexico have made their move into North America :)

Those outside the Vampire's own groups/kingdoms/gangs etc have no idea of this war nor that there are in fact two "races" of Vampire having it out with each other. As far as they are concerned a Vampire is a Vampire is a Vampire.

Thoughts?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Using Rifter 49 Vamps together with Vampire Kingdom Vamps

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I think that each group of vampires would consider themselves to be "true" vampires, and consider the others to be imposters/posers.
If either group considered themselves to be "false" vampires, they'd probably identify themselves as something else.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Rappanui wrote:I think that Vampire sourcebook will begin adding rifter 49 Changes into canonization much to the absolute horror of Rifts fans everywhere.

barring those changes...

Vampire lords can exist anywhere, and can create their subvamps for what ever reason. You're gonna need a source for all these new vampire lords and why theyescaped the attention of Vampire intelligences that were the Mainstay of Vampires in Palladium for ages.Their Vulnerability to Fire puts them in dangerously bad territory with the smarter regular vamps, who are not even affected by fire.. it would lead to horrible consequences..

Ah but but Rifter 49 Vampires aren't anywhere nearly as vulnerable to water as the "regular" vampires are. Both Vampires have there advantages and disadvantages. Rifter 49 Vampires can likely blend into the human population more easily. The retain their original personalities skills etc as well.

But what about the premise of making it effectively a turf war?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

jaymz wrote:
Rappanui wrote:I think that Vampire sourcebook will begin adding rifter 49 Changes into canonization much to the absolute horror of Rifts fans everywhere.

barring those changes...

Vampire lords can exist anywhere, and can create their subvamps for what ever reason. You're gonna need a source for all these new vampire lords and why theyescaped the attention of Vampire intelligences that were the Mainstay of Vampires in Palladium for ages.Their Vulnerability to Fire puts them in dangerously bad territory with the smarter regular vamps, who are not even affected by fire.. it would lead to horrible consequences..

Ah but but Rifter 49 Vampires aren't anywhere nearly as vulnerable to water as the "regular" vampires are. Both Vampires have there advantages and disadvantages. Rifter 49 Vampires can likely blend into the human population more easily. The retain their original personalities skills etc as well.

But what about the premise of making it effectively a turf war?

I love the Rifter 49 vampires, even if they don't exactly fit into the over all theme of Rifts as well as the Vampire Intelligences do. The way I've justified them in Rifts is that they were created via dark rituals using the blood of a slain Vampire Intelligence. So the Rifter 49 Vampires are related to the Vampire Intelligences, but only in the same way that the Vampire Intelligences are related to other Old Ones like the Lord of the Deep. This way the Vampire Intelligences can't tell the difference between a vampire created by another intelligence and a Rifter Vampire: they just know the vampire in question isn't their own. :wink:

Also, Dhampir vagabond FTW!
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Personally I'd just combine the two. Use the vamps as described in Rifter 49 until you get to the Vampire Lord. They'd either be independent from a VI (because they were created through other means such as the one Necro-spell) or they'd essentially be in place of the first Master Vampire created by a VI from VK.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Beast wrote:Personally I'd just combine the two. Use the vamps as described in Rifter 49 until you get to the Vampire Lord. They'd either be independent from a VI (because they were created through other means such as the one Necro-spell) or they'd essentially be in place of the first Master Vampire created by a VI from VK.

So in other words you don't like the idea, gotchya :) :ok:

\m/
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

The Rifter49 Vampires are soo much better than the VK vampires.
If the Rifter49 vamp takes Metamorph Human, he can hide as a "human" perfectly.

I'm using both types in my games.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
One Hand Clapping
Wanderer

Unread post by One Hand Clapping »

Is that true?!

I think that'd be great. Personally, I like Rifts style vampires, but I also dig the classic vampire archetype. Having both available in Rifts would be fantastic. I've always considered one of Rifts' strengths to be its versatility and number of options. So why not have different "strains" or races of vampires, so to speak?

Having the dhampyr available as an optional player character would also be great!
"I once heard that Kevin Siembieda shot a man... just to watch him die. "
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Now we need new Werebeasts done right.
Werebeasts that can be Cursed, Infected, or Born.

Were-Lords, Were-Alphas, Were-Betas, and Were-Omegas.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

A possibility would be that Vampire Lords are larval VIs. That one master vamp from south america was researching a theory that master vamps could eventually become VIs. So Master vamp finds out secret ritual, then becomes vampire lord. Eventually vampire lord evolves into VI.
Just my take on combinig the two vamps.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

AzathothXy wrote:A possibility would be that Vampire Lords are larval VIs. That one master vamp from south america was researching a theory that master vamps could eventually become VIs. So Master vamp finds out secret ritual, then becomes vampire lord. Eventually vampire lord evolves into VI.
Just my take on combinig the two vamps.

Cool, but my premise isn't combining them but having them at war with each other :D

\m/
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

And where would the Water vampire's come into play peeps ?
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

I've got no problems with the Rifter vamps vs. VIs, it would work fine if you wanted to implement it. As it stands, I already use a similar idea that the VIs have 'turf wars' among themselves. I've also introduced elements of the rifter article into the world of the VIs just to have different 'strains' of the diseases that are the Vampire Intelligences feeding off the world.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mercdog wrote:I've got no problems with the Rifter vamps vs. VIs, it would work fine if you wanted to implement it. As it stands, I already use a similar idea that the VIs have 'turf wars' among themselves. I've also introduced elements of the rifter article into the world of the VIs just to have different 'strains' of the diseases that are the Vampire Intelligences feeding off the world.

:ok:

\m/
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Yeah the trick is adapting ideas to a Dark / High Fantasy setting, which some things work better for than others.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

One Hand Clapping wrote:

Is that true?!

I think that'd be great. Personally, I like Rifts style vampires, but I also dig the classic vampire archetype. Having both available in Rifts would be fantastic. I've always considered one of Rifts' strengths to be its versatility and number of options. So why not have different "strains" or races of vampires, so to speak?

Having the dhampyr available as an optional player character would also be great!

It's not true. The Vampire Sourcebook will not incorporate Rifter 49 Vampires into canon. They'll remain unofficial (which doesn't stop anyone from using them, or both types of Vampires).

~ Josh

Return to “Rifts®”