Access to Death Blow by some martial arts

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Access to Death Blow by some martial arts

Unread post by The Beast »

Panomas wrote:
psyronin wrote:Normally a martial art that has Death Blow listed as a special attack will have it somewhere in the Level Advancement Bonuses. However, there are a few inconsistencies:
1) Hwarang-Do Karate, Mien-Ch'uan Cotton Fist Kung Fu, and Yu-Sool have Death Blow listed as a special attack but not in the Level Advancement Bonuses.
2) Jujutsu does not have Death Blow as a special attack but gets it at 6th level.

Anyone know whether these martial arts should get Death Blow or not?

Hmmm. . . a tough question

Welcom to the Forum anyway.

As it's written it seems that, Hwarang-Do Karate for instance will get the ability during the creation of the character. Becuase it's not listed/ or they don't get it becuase its not listed in the advancement of the Martial Art. I would go with the first becuase it's listed-

With Jujutsu I would say it's available at 6th level not before-becuase of how it's written out.

These are just my thoughts-

and again welcome to the forums!

I'd have to agree.

Hey psyronin, which book version and printing do you have? Maybe someone has a book that has that missing info...
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Access to Death Blow by some martial arts

Unread post by Tor »

Mien Ch'uan has at lvl 4 a crit on nat 18+. Could choose to go with that?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”