Lazlo Society: good idea for a discussion thread

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Lazlo Society: good idea for a discussion thread

Unread post by Lord Z »

I like the concept, Shang. I especially like the aspect about discussing the discussion out of character first. It's too bad that I don't have any magic-practicing characters on .org.

On a different note, are the Toaist arcanists really less potent? They can take Tai Chi, can't they? If so, they can then pick the Dragon Chi MA power and mix that with the Convert Chi to PPE spell. Basically, they can draw small amounts of power from almost everywhere constantly as if they were always on a ley line. If they also pick the MA power which allows them to gather negative chi, they can even do this absolutely everywhere, while underground. I would think that because they can bypass one of the major restrictions of the game -- having to find and exploit sources of magic energy -- the arcanists from Mystic China would be considered more potent than western equivalents.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Lazlo Society: good idea for a discussion thread

Unread post by Hibik »

I felt the classes in MC were dramatically overdue for an update, since they are both out of sync with how modern PB games scale, as well as tend to be a bit simplistic. I find the notion of defining an OCC by what type of Martial Artist they are as incredibly simplistic (not that there weren't career martial artists, but I believe they're overrepresented as they are portrayed), and the breadth of mystic classes are a bit short for me.

Notably, I'd love to see, for example, a Daoist exorcist, Buddhist monks or nuns, maybe a bit more to the Fang Shih, etc. And Dear lord, I'd kill for some actual OOC representation of the Chinese Folk Religion - mediums, folk exorcists and healers, etc.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”