Dead Rats

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Dead Rats

Unread post by bradshaw »

In the Dead Reign books "Dead Rats, the Dead Rats & Dead Rats live" is written on walls usually with a cartoon rat drawn nearby. Who or what might they be? :?:
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Re: Dead Rats

Unread post by Ravenwing »

I always assumed it was an indy band you liked/knew/or were a part of.

After I posted this I did a quick Google search and found a myspace page for a band by the name, so I'm going to add.....

It's an indy punk band :ok:
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Ravenwing
Hero

Did I get it right?

bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

That's a good guess, but no it has nothing to do with an indy band. I got asked what it meant and didn't know myself. So I figured maybe the Dead Reign fans could share an idea.
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Ravenwing
Hero

lol, aren't you the one that draws it? I swear there's a bunch of your art in DR Core and DR 1 that has it in the Pic.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Naaa in the DR setting they go out of their way to repeatedly state that Zombie+Animal= nothing but a dead animal.

In Palladiums DR, even getten bit by a zombie doesn't equate into Zombification. The --only-- way to become a zombie is to be killed by one. That being said in DR getting bitten often leads to infection which may lead to death, but there's no direct correlation.

So the rats wouldn't some how be zombie vectors.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

You walk in to a room with many freshly deceased rats. Guess you have to ask yourself, what caused all the rats to die in the first place? Does it really have anything to do with the walking dead? Could the water in the area be infected with some other disease? Where they intentionally poisoned? .......................................................

I like the punk band idea best.:ok: Or perhaps it's gang graffiti? It could have nothing to do with the apocalypse.
Ravenwing
Hero

Oberoth wrote:You walk in to a room with many freshly deceased rats. Guess you have to ask yourself, what caused all the rats to die in the first place? Does it really have anything to do with the walking dead? Could the water in the area be infected with some other disease? Where they intentionally poisoned? .......................................................

I like the punk band idea best.:ok: Or perhaps it's gang graffiti? It could have nothing to do with the apocalypse.

Lol the Coolest part is the Dead Rats are a french Punk band!

Who knew the french could be punk stars?

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

dead rats is in endless dead on pg. 15 on the metal plate on the spare parts zed and on pg.38 on the tale gate of the pick up truck.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I'd say the more dead rats you find, the more undead are likely to be around (zombie+animal=dead animal)=rats chew into dead (undead) body and die leaving "dead rat." Hence, dead rats being painted on walls to warn others to be on the lookout for dead rat bodies as a warning of zeds nearby. :)

Do I win?
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Beatmeclever wrote:I'd say the more dead rats you find, the more undead are likely to be around (zombie+animal=dead animal)=rats chew into dead (undead) body and die leaving "dead rat." Hence, dead rats being painted on walls to warn others to be on the lookout for dead rat bodies as a warning of zeds nearby. :)

Do I win?

Beat you to it.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I guess you did. That will teach me not to read all the in-between posts. :)
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard

Return to “Dead Reign™”