Later Crazy Cats!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Later Crazy Cats!

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Hey Guys,
Before I start this thread I would like to say that it is not a cry for attention or something as immature as wanting people to say "PLEASE DON'T GO." I am making this thread because it is easier than writing dozens of private messages and because I feel something needs to be brought to the attention of the community at large.

I am leaving this board. On several occasions I have received warnings (some I am more than happy to admit I deserved for being short with people) but in recent months it has become more and more trying to deal with some of the ignorance of some of the people on this message board. There is no prettier way to say it. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I am quick to admit I am wrong and adopt new information and learn. Here, I have started to be perceived as an unflinching tyrant when that is not the case and I do not like feeling like my character is being misrepresented even if it is online. For this reason I am leaving before I am permanently banned and I will be keeping my relationship with Palladium entirely professional in the future.

I was attached to this game because it ignited my imagination and really excited me. I came in much later than you all, most of the books I've read rather recently and I started with all the newest material and slowly worked my way backwards. I think this has been the primary source of conflict between me and certain unnamed board members who did not bother keeping up to date with the more recent material but remained very vocal members of the community.

Since joining I have done my best to learn, be entertaining, provide information and answer people as directly as possible but I can no longer do this in good conscious knowing that in doing so I am agitating people set in their ways. Because I was unwilling to engage in an argument from ignorance-style attempt to trigger a circular debate as of late I have been warned once again and it is now blindingly apparent to me that I will be warned even if I choose not to actively not engage in flame-baiting. Ultimately, my ban seems inevitable. Simply, I just do not fit in.

I am a Game Master and a Player who favors ingenuity over number crunching, character histories or game stories over stats and finds muchkinism an immature style of play. I hold setting integrity rather high and do not mind if my players are able to best my NPC's anymore than I mind if my NPC's manage to kill my players. Though these minor bias' are nothing compared to the distaste in my mouth over misrepresentation of the rules or certain people's flagrant attempts to reduce rules (which were put in place as guidelines to assist bring to life the imagination of Players and Game Masters) to strict mechanics that cannot possibly encompass "all of the rules" and thus be flawed. Frankly, it annoys the **** out of me.

The Palladium System is a game and it has a terrible reputation online for this very reason. Players are attempting to codify a system by ignoring certain rules or taking things out of context and when I see new players come to this board and ask questions and see people subtly manipulating the conversation so that they can turn it into an argument about one of their personal pet peeves--it annoys the heck out of me. I learned a lot of what I know from YOU GUYS, then later when I got my Rifts: Game Master Guide I learned that much of what I was told here... was wrong... or drastically misrepresented. I don't know, maybe it just comes down to not having read the rules recently or maybe it really is a personal vendetta to pick apart the system but honestly as it stands from a PLAYABILITY standpoint Palladium Games has one of the best systems out there. Please, if you have not PLEASE buy the new books and read them before telling other people the rules or moreover, do not attack the system because you do not understand something.

Anyways, sorry that there weren't more jokes about my tiny tiny dong in this thing or something a little more in theme with my normal style of posts but I just do not have the energy to much be bothered. For those of you who could not appreciate my sense of humor or who I offended, the board is yours, you have won. To all my old friends on here, maybe you'll see me again, maybe it'll only be in print or on the spine of a book but if you do take some solace in knowing "that was the guy with the depressingly small pen!s and my old friend."

God Bless and thank you for all the fish.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Later Crazy Cats!

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

You've livened and lightened the place up, and the message boards will suffer from your absence.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Taking a break is probably a good idea.
If you get something published in Palladium, you will need all the energy you can get to answer the questions we will have :D .
Just make sure you are back in time to answer 'em.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Visit once and a while.
Post safety, Always look twice before hitting the 'Submit' button.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Adios! :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Fare thee well, my friend!

I've enjoyed reading many of your posts and am saddened to see you go. Please don't be a total stranger.
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I was just starting to get used to having you around too. I always read any topic you posted, because they were always interesting. I'll miss your face at least. You're like the opposite of a few unnamed people around here that i have to avoid. I'll welcome you back if you ever drop on by again.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Here, I have started to be perceived as an unflinching tyrant when that is not the case and I do not like feeling like my character is being misrepresented even if it is online.

Well for the record I never once thought of you in that manner, and was rather fond of you and your posts.

Also, it's unlikely you would have been banned. I've been known, at times, to be a rather sarcastic, egocentric, pig-headed, unapologetically obtuse, and an out right pri.ck, but the mods have yet to ban me (though I have received numerous warnings which I heeded for the most part within those particular strings). So I think you're jumping the gun if that's your primary reason. Either way, the choice is yours. Feel free to come back any time. You'll always be welcomed.

Good journey, buddy, and Douglas Adams says "Hi". :D
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

AS, we will miss yah.

With any system as full of holes as palladium, due to there being different versions of it with each palladium rpg, everyone should use the parts the like, change what they dont, and ignore stuff which gets in the way of their play style.

I've enjoyed our conversations, please visit often..
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Weoll that sucks. Akashic Soldier is one of my favorite posters.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Don't leave, don't let them get the better of you, don't go.............
At least I actually read your posts
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Doubt you'd be banned; the fact that you're concerned about being perceived as a tyrant speaks in your defense. True tyrants don't worry about such perceptions; their critics, right or wrong, are always castigated as 'morons', 'idiots', or 'tools of Western/Communist devils'. Then they line those critics up against the wall and have them shot.

But yes, when the objective is to have fun, petty personal politics can grind a person down and have you reaching for the aspirin/fire axe/flamethrower.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Doubt you'd be banned; the fact that you're concerned about being perceived as a tyrant speaks in your defense. True tyrants don't worry about such perceptions; their critics, right or wrong, are always castigated as 'morons', 'idiots', or 'tools of Western/Communist devils'. Then they line those critics up against the wall and have them shot.

But yes, when the objective is to have fun, petty personal politics can grind a person down and have you reaching for the aspirin/fire axe/flamethrower.

TRUTH! :ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Even if we never saw eye to on on certain topics I ask to you do not go. I too found myself in a similar postion a long while ago. I too came close to just saying to hell with it and just leaving and not coming back. My advice is to take a break. Sometimes it's all you need. I'm not exactly a saint on the boards either. YeT I'm still here and I doubt you would be banned imo. Still do what you feel you need to do.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

:( Who will I joke around with now? You were my favorite poster around here. Take a break, but come back eventually.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Akashic Soldier wrote:[b]
I am leaving this board. On several occasions I have received warnings (some I am more than happy to admit I deserved for being short with people) but in recent months it has become more and more trying to deal with some of the ignorance of some of the people on this message board. There is no prettier way to say it. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I am quick to admit I am wrong and adopt new information and learn. Here, I have started to be perceived as an unflinching tyrant when that is not the case and I do not like feeling like my character is being misrepresented even if it is online. For this reason I am leaving before I am permanently banned and I will be keeping my relationship with Palladium entirely professional in the future.

Just try to keep in mind that this is a forum.
We have ample time to think about any response we make and have the option whether to respond at all. Because of that, it is impossible to ever know anyone on a forum well enough to make any kind of judgment about their character. If someone is judging you, it isn't because of who you are, it is because of who they are.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

I hope you will stay AS... At least take a break cause I had to a while back becaus eof similar issues here on the boards... Will you be at the Open House this May??

G
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic Locked.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”