What's your PS?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

What's your PS?

Unread post by SamBell »

I wanna know whats the highest PS you have. For a character
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: What's your PS?

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Lets see with normal Attributes+Skills, I have had a character reach 40. Then When i added all the various super-abilities and side-effects and mutant unusual characteristics together, I had well over 100. I think it was around 186 or so.

However, my Strongest character was a Nightbane and i used the Meglamanaic Tables. Character ended up with a PS 293.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

An immortal Godling, with permanent APS metal, SN Strength, and mega extra strength and Solar powered had a SN PS of 176 fully charged
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

I had a character who with powers and skills topped out at a 75 supernatural PS.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

TechnoGothic wrote:Lets see with normal Attributes+Skills, I have had a character reach 40. Then When i added all the various super-abilities and side-effects and mutant unusual characteristics together, I had well over 100. I think it was around 186 or so.

However, my Strongest character was a Nightbane and i used the Meglamanaic Tables. Character ended up with a PS 293.

Holy nutter! How...?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

SamBell wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Lets see with normal Attributes+Skills, I have had a character reach 40. Then When i added all the various super-abilities and side-effects and mutant unusual characteristics together, I had well over 100. I think it was around 186 or so.

Holy nutter! How...?

I'd be interested to know that as well. :-?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

thunderstorm wrote:Mutant named Jack (a name that makes one of our rotating GM shudder) Supernatural 125

How THE hell do people get PS's over 100??? The most I've EVER had was 87!! Nutter... That's insane!!
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

You can use the search function for theoretical builds [Hint: Mega Hero Alien N&SS Chi-Masters for 10,000+ ps but limited time per day . . . alternates usually use Growth. Sometimes exploiting multiplers during a sunny day when the moon is out and you're underwater]

But for

Actual Characters
Crimson Fist = 51
Titan = 46
Striker = 33
That One Guy = 30
Kalimari = 29
Agent 19 = 27
Robber = 16
Anstar = 13
Free Shot = 11

. . . I never claimed to be good at Hero Naming!
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

My highest is a Mega Mutant with 107 SN, mostly because our GM has outright disallowed Growth.
TechnoGothic
Knight

SamBell wrote:

Holy nutter! How...?

HU2 Character...
Started out with a high PS. Rolled Extraordinary PS +2d4 PS, rolled +8 for a 56 total.
Added in Skills and Unusual Characteristics and Side effects and other super-abilities. For another +30 or so PS. New Total 86-ish. Character was a Mega-Hero with Mega-Strength for another +20. New total 106-ish...
At Level 3, Rolled a Minor Power, got Superhuman PS for a +20+2d4 PS. I lucked up and got a +28. New Total at this time was 134-ish
At level 6 Rolled a Major Power, and lucked and rolled Supernatural PS for another +30+2d6. Rolled +40 PS in this case. New Total was 174. New Skills increased PS to 180.
At lvl 10 gained new Major Power. Increased PS by +8 so total was 188. I was off my two when i was going on memory.

NIGHTBANE....
OMG, this character was a monster. PS ended up around 30-ish in Fascade form.
Basic NB bonuses increased PS to 40.
NB Characteristics for the character increased PS by +60 or so (going by memory here)
Megamania God bonus gave him +20 PS. Total +80.
Megamania Supernatural trait double NB characteristics (bonuses) The +80 becomes +160.
Megamania Unparalled Might, again doubles all characteristics' bonuses. +160 becomes +320. +the Bases Fasace+base NB bonuses +30 becomes a total 350.
OMG, Higher than I remembered it for sure.
Ohh. He had ALOT of NB Characteristics whic grant increased PS as you can tell. His SDC was over 1000 btw...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

I posted this on another thread......

I recently attempted to make the strongest NPC character i could (highest supernatural PS) and got a character that is at his most powerful with a PS of 176, not to mention over 2000 SDC an AR of 18 and heals 2D4 SDC per melee round. And he's book legal.

Immortal Godling from PU2 (+9 to PS and 400 SDC to start off the top of my head)
3 major and 1 minor (i picked this on purpose)
Gets 1 more major OR 1 more mega power
APS Metal (Permanent; +42 to PS and +1200 SDC with the 50% mega hero off the top of my head)
Supernatural PS (+42 PS i think....dont have the book with me right now)
Rocket Charge
Solar Powered (+20% to PS during the day and +40% fully charged or in direct sunlight)
with Mega: Extra PS (+20) and Extra SDC (+500)

the crux of the High PS is in the solar powered minor ability. When in sunlight or fully charged he gets +40% to his PS!
He had the High SDC and AR from the APS metal (1200 SDC with the Mega +50%)
I already had him over the top powerful with the 2 major, so i added Rocket charge to give him speed and an offensive hitter, at half speed (due to the APS metal) he still runs at over 700mph! and weighs over 2000lbs (he's 10ft tall). I still havnt bothered to figure out the damage from this power +2000lbs hitting something at over 700mph. maybe someday ill do the math.

The PS Math: Starts with a PS of 13
13 +9 +42 +42 +20 = 126 x 20% (during the day) 151, 126 x 40% (fully charged) = 176!
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

What the what?!?! You people have crazy munchkin characters. My most powerful PC in Heroes was a little over 50, and a little less than 50 in Nightbane.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Specter wrote:What the what?!?! You people have crazy munchkin characters. My most powerful PC in Heroes was a little over 50, and a little less than 50 in Nightbane.

The guy I posted was part experiment to see how high i could get a book legal PS and part unstoppable villain for a Justice Legue/ Avengers type group. So this isnt in any way a player character of mine.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Both of mine where ways to create hulk-like characters in HU and NB using the stuff available at the time.
The hu2 character is book legal.
The NB, uses optional Rifter tables, and i gave him Every characteristic which fit into his "look". Which is book legal to a degree. But far from a random roll or selection on the nb mainbook table possibilities.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Generally mine run from 30-75 at the highest, but I only run PFRPG and Rifts. However, I can see how in Nightbane and HU2 you can get these insane #'s. I mean, with a PS of 178 or 293, what does a punch do? Like 15d6x10? That is more damage then some spaceship weapons on Phaseworld...
TechnoGothic
Knight

@ Max...
That is like the Restrained punch too ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

PS of 20 for my Natural Genius; Goes by the Name: Inspector Sir Thomas J. Marshall, GCB, KCVO
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

thunderstorm wrote:come now Ranger, everyone must have at least one character with PS 30+

Nope. I prefer to play "Normal" Humans that have skills/intelligence versus brawn.

Now he does have several co-workers that have strength in the 90+ range that will do anything he asks with out question.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

My exercise in 5 minor powers gives me 408. No mega hero option. Lets see if anyone can guess how I did it...

Don't bother looking at the old 5 minor power thread, I only posted maximum number of attacks.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

I recently attempted to make the strongest NPC character i could (highest supernatural PS) and got a character that is at his most powerful with a PS of 176, not to mention over 2000 SDC

Like Incriptus said, I think you could've done even better with Growth: I've posted a build (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123523&hilit=elephant) using only the stuff in the HU book to get PS past 200 with an SDC over 2000; combining parts of that idea with parts of your "godling" approach could get to -- interesting places for strength.
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

G wrote:My exercise in 5 minor powers gives me 408. No mega hero option. Lets see if anyone can guess how I did it...

Don't bother looking at the old 5 minor power thread, I only posted maximum number of attacks.

Don't believe you.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Hmmm Growth huh, I didnt even consider that!

I could replace Rocket Charge with Growth

Lets see....

He has a PE of 25 so he can grow to 58ft tall max due to being 8ft tall already

He increases 50lbs per extra foot, so that would be 50extra feet which is 2250 lbs x4 due to being metal which makes +9000lbs or 11000 total with existing weight

SDC would increase +20 per foot so that would be +900 SDC at full height +50% due to mega so thats +1350 total

PS increases +1 per foot so that would be +50 to PS +40% at full charge which is 70 total

So at full height my character is 58ft tall and 11,000lbs

He has a total of 3630 SDC and his PS is 248 at full daylight charge

and his speed is a measly 23 with an HF of 16 or so

not bad not bad!
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I can't play this game. I am so far from legal it isn't funny
I stack powers (XPSx5, Each adding 30 to PS)
I allow skills to keep adding to X Attributes (Basic=weekend warriors, expert=Professional/Trainer, master=Body Building Competitor, with maximums at +5/+5/+infinte just cuz you can never really master a skill and since the X attribute has no limits,... Of course you will be hideous to anyone who doesn't like muscles on muscles, etc
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed that no one has beat my 408.

But for fun, here is the zero superpower choice - pick an interesting race. For this challenge I choose full size Zentradi. If you remember, you multiply your PS, HP & SDC all by 100 a full size. So for example, a PS of 22 becomes 2200. Plus lots of HP & SDC. By Robotech rules circa oh 20 years ago - the damage bonus would be something like +550, but by current HU rules we are looking at +2185.

The added bonus is as an alien you get some stuff - and although its powered by protoculture so you can only use it occasionally, for the big battles, something like an officers battlepod or scoutship would be cool.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

TechnoGothic wrote:
SamBell wrote:

Holy nutter! How...?

HU2 Character...
Started out with a high PS. Rolled Extraordinary PS +2d4 PS, rolled +8 for a 56 total.

Wait wait wait wait... how could you possibly "Roll" a 48 for your starting PS? to add 8 to it and get 56 total?

TechnoGothic wrote:
Added in Skills and Unusual Characteristics and Side effects and other super-abilities. For another +30 or so PS. New Total 86-ish. Character was a Mega-Hero with Mega-Strength for another +20. New total 106-ish...

So you're adding multiple "Super strength Powers"? You said you got Extraordary PS (( That's one)) Then above you said "Other super abilitys" that's two, then adding in the one below that's three? It doesn't work that way. You don't go "I'm Extraordinary, Super, Megahero, supernatural PS" and add ALL of them together. lol. I think you add the mega hero bonus, but you don't add extrodinary to superhuman to supernatural.

TechnoGothic wrote:
At Level 3, Rolled a Minor Power, got Superhuman PS for a +20+2d4 PS. I lucked up and got a +28. New Total at this time was 134-ish
At level 6 Rolled a Major Power, and lucked and rolled Supernatural PS for another +30+2d6. Rolled +40 PS in this case. New Total was 174. New Skills increased PS to 180.
At lvl 10 gained new Major Power. Increased PS by +8 so total was 188. I was off my two when i was going on memory.

This doesn't work, at all, by any rules I've seen. lol Not only are you pounding out lke 6 different powers, every time you rolled you got the next level up in strength? LOL Come on man. "I rolled Extra ordinary strength, then 'other powers that added another 30 strength, then rolled super human strength then rolled Supernatural Str"

*Shakes head* Not out side the realm of possibility. but getting those rolls one after another in that order would be like one in a million. And I still don't know how you can start out at 48 STR pre super powers or skills. (( cuz you add those on after.))

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

G wrote:I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed that no one has beat my 408.

But for fun, here is the zero superpower choice - pick an interesting race. For this challenge I choose full size Zentradi. If you remember, you multiply your PS, HP & SDC all by 100 a full size. So for example, a PS of 22 becomes 2200. Plus lots of HP & SDC. By Robotech rules circa oh 20 years ago - the damage bonus would be something like +550, but by current HU rules we are looking at +2185.

The added bonus is as an alien you get some stuff - and although its powered by protoculture so you can only use it occasionally, for the big battles, something like an officers battlepod or scoutship would be cool.

Well there's no Zentradi in HU... but where do you see "Multiply str by 100?? I don't remember Zentradi with thousands of Str.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Made a hulkish character I call The Ogre that topped out at 88. Mega-Alien from a High Gravity world, with a couple physical skill bonuses. Then chose Supernatural PS for his major power and the Strength Mega-option. Might have been a ps bonus from one of his minor powers, but I'm not sure without looking.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I am just going to say a couple builds in this thread totally disregard the rules and others are just down right impossible as already pointed out. 48? So you rolled 3d6 and got 18, 1d6 got 24, then 30, 36, 42, and then 48? Don't the extra d6 stop much lower than that? I would probably allow my player to keep rolling if they kept hitting like that and then I would tell them to go buy a lottery ticket.

Maybe I am just not understand how someone truly got over 200 PS but I have not seen any way that this is even close to possible even with assuming max gains by all rolls and by picking the best powers for this outcome. Please prove me wrong as I would love to have an NPC in my arsenal with that PS and be book legal.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Normal humans have a maximum PS of 30 (+2d on the extraordinary strength roll). Characters with supernatural PS get no benefit from exercise, but I am not sure what level of extraordinary roll would be allowed.

I am not sure, but I think you could stack a PD bonus from a power (Like APS metal, Growth, or Invulnerability) on top of the PS bonus from Supernatural Strength (the power). That could get you over 60 PS, but probably not to 100.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

None of the following is dependent on the users environment or time of day. Not affected by the moon, sun, underwater, touching the ground - nadda!

13th Level, Mega-Alien with Super Powers
1 Major - Supernatural PS
1 Minor - Giant
Mineraloid Alien from High Gravity World

Base PS 30
Mineraloid + 26
High Gravity + 8
SN PS + 42
Giant @ 13th Level +40
Tremendous PS + 20 [mega power]
Total PS: 166

Of course, 1 major, 1 minor would still allow for another minor or 2. This also does not include Physical skill bonuses which by the book you are not suppose to add to SN PS [who follows that BS?]
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:None of the following is dependent on the users environment or time of day. Not affected by the moon, sun, underwater, touching the ground - nadda!

13th Level, Mega-Alien with Super Powers
1 Major - Supernatural PS
1 Minor - Giant
Mineraloid Alien from High Gravity World

Base PS 30
Mineraloid + 26
High Gravity + 8
SN PS + 42
Giant @ 13th Level +40
Tremendous PS + 20 [mega power]
Total PS: 166

Of course, 1 major, 1 minor would still allow for another minor or 2. This also does not include Physical skill bonuses which by the book you are not suppose to add to SN PS [who follows that BS?]

How do you get the base of 30 to start though?

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Rappanui wrote:in HU2 characters can repeat on d6 roll all the way to 30.

But that's not a given. And statistically improbable. Rolling 3 dice, having all 3 come up 6, rolling another, having it come up 6 and rolling another and having it come up 6 isn't going to happen just because you're trying to max out stats. The chance of getting "Any" five of a kind when rolling 5 six sided dice is 1295 to 1. The odds of getting 5 '6's' is 7775 to 1.

If we're assuming you can roll the 7775 to 1 die roll and just automatically get the max on everything that's one thing. If we're talking about real in game viable characters though it's a bit different.

Not trying to be a buzzkill. Just pointing out that this isn't something you could just build anytime you sit down. You can't assume that just because you want it, you'll make that 1 in 7775 roll. lol.

If it's a "Hypothetical, all dice automatically giving the max every time" Situation that's cool.

If it's a "Here's what you can build at your next game" It's different.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Dude, I was just showing a potential build. You didnt have to come rain on my parade.

geez. :)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Ouch! I like the optimism NMI!
There is no spoon.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Sounds like it might be time to roll out the lucky Yahtzee dice :lol:
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blackmantis wrote:Wasnt "potential" the goal of this thread and not variance? Some did not read this in the forum perhaps

Perhaps you should reread the original post.

"I wanna know whats the highest PS you have. For a character"

Not "what's the highest you can get if you max every roll" but "Highest PS you HAVE for a character"

I know it's nit-picky but you kinda back handed at some people and weren't correct. :)

Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

For me the problem with PS whether superhuman or supernatural is in the lifting/carrying power. I'm less interested in getting the massive damage than I am in reproducing the lifting power of somebody like the that "ever lovin' rock guy from Yancy Street". To be able to lift a modern battle tank which is 68 tons or 136,000 lbs. That would require a strength of 272. Not reproducible easily with this system. I'd like to see something added that simply increases the lifting power of Supernatural Strength.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

What i've done is an ever increasing lifting category

1-9 x5
10-15 x10
16-30 x20
31-40 x50
41-50 x100
51-60 x200
61-70 x500
71-80 x1000
90-100 x2000

BUT I've also fixed the problem way back in the day with only XPS by add 30 to the strength instead of just raising it and then by allowing for power stacking. So it was POSSIBLE to have XPSx5=PS+150. And with any X attribute I removed any limits to the strength so it became technically infinite. BUt with these numbers you can get 75 tons lifting capactiy
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

KillWatch wrote:What i've done is an ever increasing lifting category

1-9 x5
10-15 x10
16-30 x20
31-40 x50
41-50 x100
51-60 x200
61-70 x500
71-80 x1000
90-100 x2000

BUT I've also fixed the problem way back in the day with only XPS by add 30 to the strength instead of just raising it and then by allowing for power stacking. So it was POSSIBLE to have XPSx5=PS+150. And with any X attribute I removed any limits to the strength so it became technically infinite. BUt with these numbers you can get 75 tons lifting capactiy

*Grin* technically you can't. There's a hole where the lifting power jumps from 89,000 lbs (44.5 tons) at 89 PS to 180,000 lbs (90 tons) at 90 PS. *Grin* Just being silly here. I like the idea. I'd like to see something like this canonized. Still a 90 PS is really pushing it.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Blackmantis wrote:Wasnt "potential" the goal of this thread and not variance? Some did not read this in the forum perhaps

"Well if it's luck we're talking about," dumps out his own dice,"then I'm exercising player's choice and using your lucky dice."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”