BtS Characters in Other Games

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

BtS Characters in Other Games

Unread post by Lord Z »

We have frequently discussed importing certain characters from other settings into the BtS world, but I don't remember us discussing an exportation of PCCs, psychic powers, and monsters to other settings.

For example, Robotech -- A Southern Cross spaceship is trapped in the area of space that I mentioned in my Deep Black Sea adventure hook. Basically, it becomes stuck in a singularity of such intense gravity that even the souls can not escape it. While in the trap, a small portion of the crew (the PCs) develop psychic powers which help them to resolve their crisis. PCCs include all Sensitive, Physical, Healing, Medium, Firewalker, Diviner, Psi-Mechanic, & Night Hunter psychics; but the combat-oriented OCCs like pilots should be mixed with the less offensive PCCs like Healers and the support-type OCCs like mechanics should be combined with the more offensive PCCs like Nighthunters, thus every character gets a good mix of combat and non-combat abilities. After the ship escapes, the PCs retain their psychic abilities which makes them uniquely suited for supernatural investigations and missions. They are made officers on board the starship REF Victor Lazlo which they use to solve the problems that no one else in the Robotech Expeditionary Force can solve. They use a combination of robotechnology and psionic talent. Did a gremlin manifest in the cargo hold when your scout ship passed through the Orion Triangle? Did a possessing entity take control of the Zentreadi test pilot with the experimental new destroid? You know who to call.

After the Bomb -- Scavengers have dug too deep and unleashed something which should have stayed put. When a particular pyramid was reopened by animal hands (in Egypt or Mexico or maybe even Las Vegas), it awoke a moody goddess and released her minions. A variety of monsters are dispatched to the four corners in order to reestablish order -- particularly her order -- on the planet. Possible minions include werebeasts, hell hounds, vampires, animal-themed demons like alu, and of course cultists. Are these creatures a new viral mutation, or is the rumor accurate that the mysterious goddess Bast has returned (or insert your own favored animal-themed god or goddess)? Or, is the virus and the goddess both the same thing? The characters are agents of a particular government like the Empire of Humanity or Cardania. And just why are those Diviners from Ganesh popping up all over the place and rambling about prophecies? PCCs are mutants (human or animal) and also Nega-Psychics who hold back the walls of reality from the insanity that is creeping in.

Western -- Set in the Old West of Tombstone, the Skinwalker problem has gotten out of hand. Various demons operating with perfect human disguises are preying on travelers, prospectors, and the displaced tribes. Recently, they have started taking over entire towns. Well, the disguises are almost perfect. Every demon has a tell, and a skilled poker player can always spot it. These demons are sometimes tough and always sneaky, but they aren't immune to lead. The PCs are western story stereotypes like Chinese immigrants, salon girls, and professional gamblers, but each gets a bonus Gambling Skill and a selection of 3 extra Lore Skills from the BtS-2 skill list, and one psi-mechanic device.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
gaby
Knight

Re: BtS Characters in Other Games

Unread post by gaby »

Western can wokr,some dark forces were planing to exploiting the South,but are force to move West after the Confederacy lost the Civil war.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Mephisto, I really like your Recon mix. That is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind when I started this thread. Also, I never though about Between the Shadows being a separate setting than Nightbane, but you are right, it really does work as its own stand-alone setting.

Gaby, which dark forces were you thinking?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Any type you want who see a used for slavery from vampires for Blood,to Witchs who sacrifice humans to transmitting the ppe release to ther master in another dimension,and Demons just to enjoys causing torture and suffering of humans.
Ther were Rivalry between the States of South,they maded the confederacy only to provide protection for slavery and them.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”