MOS Standard-Issue equipment

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

Re: MOS Standard-Issue equipment

Unread post by Wooly »

Otselotovaya wrote:So my RPG group and I have recently began to look into the RECON system (we mainly have been using the Mutants and Masterminds RPG). We're fans of the Metal Gear Solid series, so some of the characters we've developed are a mix of characters of that series and the Howling Commandos. They're supposed to be the equivalent of a Marine LRRP unit, taking place in an unknown era (sometime between the late '60s-mid '80s).

Our characters are mapped out personality-wise. It's just with some games, they give a "Starter Kit" for Character Classes. Any suggestions for the basic weapons/equipment each MOS might carry? Keep in mind that this isn't a rookie unit; according to the back story, the seven of them have been working together for about a little less than a year (yes, the number of soldiers is a deliberate reference to a famous Western).

Squdron/Signal Publications "LRRP's in Action" is the book you are looking for. I would also bet Osprey Publishing has some books that cover this era.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”