Favorite Rifts Earth Book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Favorite Rifts Earth Book?

World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms
6%
World Book 2: Atlantis
6%
World Book 3: England
3%
World Book 4: Africa
No votes
World Book 5: Triax and the NGR
1%
World Book 6: South America
2%
World Book 7: Rifts Undersea
2%
World Book 8: Japan
5%
World Book 9: South America 2
2%
World Book 10: The Juicer Uprisings
6%
World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign
5%
World Book 12: Psyscape
4%
World Book 13: Lone Star
2%
World Book 14: The New West
4%
World Book 15: Spirit West
1%
World Book 16: Federation of Magic
4%
World Book 17: Warlords of Russia
4%
World Book 18: Mystic Russia
1%
World Book 19: Australia
2%
World Book 20: Canada
2%
World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market Place
No votes
World Book 22: Free Quebec
4%
World Book 23: The Xiticix Invasion
No votes
World Book 24: China 1
No votes
World Book 25: China 2
1%
World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp
4%
World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp
No votes
World Book 28: Arzno
1%
World Book 29: Madhaven
1%
World Book 30: D-Bees of North America
2%
World Book 31: Triax 2
No votes
Sourcebook One
3%
Sourcebook 2: The Mechanoids
1%
Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks
No votes
Sourcebook 4: Coalition Navy
No votes
Mercenaries
10%
Merc Town
3%
Merc Ops
1%
Merc Adventures
No votes
Shemarrian Nation
No votes
Coalition Wars 1: Sedition
No votes
Coalition Wars 2: Coalition Overkill
No votes
Coalition Wars 3: Sorcerers' Revenge
No votes
Coalition Wars 4: Cyber-Knights
4%
Coalition Wars 5: Shadows of Evil
No votes
Coalition Wars 6: The Final Siege
No votes
Aftermath
No votes
Game Master Guide
6%
Book of Magic
3%
Bionics Sourcebook
No votes

Total votes: 108

Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Favorite Rifts Earth Book

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

Excluding the main rulebook (RMB/RUE), the Dimension Books and Chaos Earth, what is your favorite book, if you had to choose just one? And why?

Not everything is listed, couldn't fit all the books into the 50-count poll limit.

For me I'd choose Atlantis; it's got bio-wizardry, the weird-ass metzla, splugorth and their minions and some fantastic artwork which just screams Rifts. It's also one of the first Rifts books I ever bought and it knocked my socks off.
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Favorite Rifts Earth Book

Unread post by jaymz »

Mercs because it allows a lot of varity withouth having to revert to using stolen CS gear :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

jaymz wrote:Mercs because it allows a lot of varity withouth having to revert to using stolen CS gear :)

Now you can pay a 10-40% markup for your stolen CS gear! ;)
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Psyscape minus the Harvester metaplot.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I selected Free Quebec, but it was really a tough choice between that and D-Bees of North America.

Free Quebec does a wonderful job explaining the Nation, political structure, culture, ideologies, tech, and military while still giving us many avenues of adventure. It is a great model for a world book.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

CWC.

Big players that are expanded rather than a region.

D-Bees is close second as are the guides all for the same reason. Repeat usefulness.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
novatomato
Wanderer

Unread post by novatomato »

This is a tough one and I'm torn between CWC, Free Quebec, FoM and Psyscape.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

I was thinking about letting people select up to 3 choices, but a single choice really makes you think and forces the issue.

I didn't realize people held Free Quebec in such high regard.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

This choice is impossible to make for me, because I'm a designer and not just a player.

As a designer, Book of Magic and the Gamemaster Guide clearly get the nod. Having that much necessary mechanical information at your fingertips is the best you're going to get in terms of usefulness.

As a player, if I'm a crunch player, I want D-Bees of North America or Coalition War Campaign. If I'm a fluff player, I want Federation of Magic (Revised), Arzno, or Dinosaur Swamp, because they give a lot of additional information about the ideas behind what Rifts are all about and what's really going on in the day to day life of ordinary people and creatures.

So I'm not voting.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Mechanurgist wrote:I was thinking about letting people select up to 3 choices, but a single choice really makes you think and forces the issue.

One of the best books/concepts out there.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Mechanurgist wrote:I was thinking about letting people select up to 3 choices, but a single choice really makes you think and forces the issue.

As a complete package, it really doesn't get much better.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

My choice went to South America 2... the most original and interesting setting in all of Rifts. Better than Africa, NGR, Japan, Phase World or Russia; giving a better view of the place than New West; for some reason more interesting than Atlantis...
You might even play it as a self contained setting, if you keep things contained to the area it covers rather than travelling thoughout the Continent, or planet, or multiverse, and it would still be a more fascinating sandbox than North America or Europe/Russia or Japan...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Crucible
Champion

Iron Manticore wrote:Juicer Uprising! This book expanded on the culture, mentality, background, and other necessary information for a specific class/type of character, that has yet to be done with any of the other augmented Humans.

My second favorite and I don't even like Juicers.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

D-Bees of North America is my favorite so far....though all of them are pretty good.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

Nice thing about having a line of 50+ books is that there's something for everybody. Bad thing about having 50+ books is that everything is scattered across 50+ books... :D
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Everyone had its favorend one, and entitled to do so. Yet I'm surprised that Psyscape got one vote.
Really every book has something worth inside, but psyscape....well is so outdated that has fallen even below Rifts England in term of likeability. Or is just a thing of mine(for the chronicle I think anyone interested in psichic classes should buy Between the Shadows and Shadows of Light sourcebook for nightbane. Nightbane setting treated psionic in much more respectful way thant Rifts Setting)
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

I think it would have been interesting to give 3 choices instead of 1.

My favorites are Atlantis, Vampire Kingdoms, and Mercenaries, with an honorable mention to the GMG and BoM for their usefulness. Wormwood should be in there as well, I loved adventuring there.

I started Rifts back around 1991... can't remember the exact date, am getting old I guess... it would be interesting to see if the players identified more with the first couple books they played. I know that is why I like Atlantis, Wormwood and Vampires, those were my original settings and we had great fun with them. Nothing against more recent books, it is just that a certain thrill is there when you are new to the game.
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Mechanurgist wrote:Excluding the [...] RMB [...]
You shot down my favorite at the opening and then shot down the dimension books right after that. I liked Phased World and Wormwood. I mulled around a while and finally picked Merc Town, just because it offers a lot of NPC, setting, and adventure material. Runners up would have been Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms as they are sentimental favorites from way back at the beginning of it all.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

Sentiment is a factor for all of us, I think. We all remember our first RPGs with fondness - no matter how bad they may have been in fact.

I had to exclude the mainbook because probably half the people here would have chosen it if it was an option. The Dimension and Chaos Earth books would have made the list too long (the limit is 50), and they veer off in a different direction anyway. Though I have to admit Wormwood is among my favorites too.
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Mechanurgist wrote:I had to exclude the mainbook because probably half the people here would have chosen it if it was an option. The Dimension and Chaos Earth books would have made the list too long (the limit is 50), and they veer off in a different direction anyway. Though I have to admit Wormwood is among my favorites too.

Well you could start another poll thread that includes the Dimension books...
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I can't honestly say that I have ONE favorite Rifts book. Several of them come to mind for different reasons (& in no particular order);
Madhaven, because not only do I live nearby to Manhattan, but the entry on Brooklyn & Coney Island made both myself & my (now current) ex laugh with irony.
Mechanoids, because I got a glimpse at these fearsome beings after years of hearing about the original Mechanoids game.
Shemarrion Nation, because I had to see what this latest facet of Archie-3's mania produced.
Cyber-Knights, because this OCC deserved it's own book.

I could go on about all of them, but I think this short list will do for now.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I chose Underseas. I see the New Navy as having the potential to be a counter balance for the CS, as they have knowledge at least equal to the CS. All they need is the land based resources of Western North America to ramp things up to full gear and become a much more significant presence on Rifts Earth.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Crucible
Champion

keir451 wrote:I chose Underseas. I see the New Navy as having the potential to be a counter balance for the CS, as they have knowledge at least equal to the CS. All they need is the land based resources of Western North America to ramp things up to full gear and become a much more significant presence on Rifts Earth.

Thats a great book. I'm looking for a geographic description of Psyscape so that I may be able to have the two worlds collide.

keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Crucible wrote:
keir451 wrote:I chose Underseas. I see the New Navy as having the potential to be a counter balance for the CS, as they have knowledge at least equal to the CS. All they need is the land based resources of Western North America to ramp things up to full gear and become a much more significant presence on Rifts Earth.

Thats a great book. I'm looking for a geographic description of Psyscape so that I may be able to have the two worlds collide.

OOOH!!!!!! I LIKE that idea. Also consider that Sea Titans are TWICE as likely to produce psions even up to Master level Psionicists.
New Navy plus Psyscape could make a real difference in the shape of Rifts Earth.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Crucible wrote:

OOOH!!!!!! I LIKE that idea. Also consider that Sea Titans are TWICE as likely to produce psions even up to Master level Psionicists.
New Navy plus Psyscape could make a real difference in the shape of Rifts Earth.
Crucible
Champion

keir451 wrote:
Crucible wrote:

Thats what I was thinking. Do you know where I can get a geographical map of Psyscape and some better idea of the location and all?

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I like most of them, picked Japan... but it was a coin-toss between it and the Xiticix book.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Crucible wrote:
keir451 wrote:
Crucible wrote:

Thats what I was thinking. Do you know where I can get a geographical map of Psyscape and some better idea of the location and all?

Check w/mobutto. He came up w/some solid Rifts Maps. But generally it seems it's in Ohio to the west of Dweomer.here's a link to his post on the Rifts maps http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=104785.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

Well, Atlantis is in the lead by far, as expected, but the popularity of Japan really surprised me.
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Triax forever. Not only was it the first book to give really excellent additions to robots (this was before there was an over abundance of them), along with some of the best illustrations in any book ( I miss Kevin Long).
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Crucible
Champion

keir451 wrote:
Crucible wrote:
keir451 wrote:
Crucible wrote:

Check w/mobutto. He came up w/some solid Rifts Maps. But generally it seems it's in Ohio to the west of Dweomer.here's a link to his post on the Rifts maps http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=104785.

Thanks man!!!

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Other than the RMB, Mercs has my favorite O.C.C.s.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

O Canada!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I liked the Black Vault. Always seems to stand out for me.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Book of Magic.
All the Magic collected into one easy to reference book.
Big Whoo Hoo for us mage players.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

And the winner is: MERCENARIES! Beating out odds-on favorite Atlantis is quite the feat. What an upset!
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

I voted for Free Quebec since that is what I feel is the last book written in the old style. With a few exceptions the newer books are 90% fluff and 10% useful material.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

Anybody else care to vote?
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

jaymz wrote:Mercs because it allows a lot of varity withouth having to revert to using stolen CS gear :)

+1!!! Any of the OCCs from Mercs can be used in ANY Palladium MDC setting (or even SDC setting if you so wish) with little effort. I routinely use these OCCs even for Aliens Unlimited characters.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Dinosaur Swamps (and I would have chosen its companion as well) because it shows how you can make a Rifts book that doesn't have to be all tech toys and is heavy on setting information - while still making for a very enjoyable setting.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler

The results and further commentary can be seen on my blog here: http://www.portalseeker.com/blog/2011/0 ... opularity/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I voted SB1 simply because it's got Archie, monsters, robots and the Republicans!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

WARLORDS OF RUSSIA
Good balanced out NPC list of characters. Good, Selfish, Evil. Plus BORGS !!!! Thunderstorm Borg !!!

My favorite books has to be :
Warlords of Russia
South America 1
South America 2
New West
Spirit West
SoT-Cyber-knights
Free Quebec
Japan
Underseas
Juicer Uprising
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I voted China 2.
A pre-rifts advanced civilization that still exists today is exciting. I know we already have that with Japan but there is significant difference between someone who has spent the last couple of years advancing that Pre-Rifts tech while surviving the horrors of Rifts Earth and someone who conveniently managed to skip the whole thing.
Grafsburg
D-Bee

Unread post by Grafsburg »

Probably a toss-up between Vampire Kingdoms and New West, but mostly New West, largely because I'm a huge fan of Westerns in general.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

It was a tough choice for me, but ultimately, I voted for RIFTs Japan, and I'd like to explain why:

RIFTs Japan was one of the last World Books released that actually covered an entire region with enough detail that it's easy to play that is also an interesting region that's got something for everyone. RIFTs Japan captures the classic RIFTs core principles of really cool high technology meets really cool mysticism with demons and a hint of alien thrown in. It's got a lot of wicked fun classes, the region is completely fleshed out, and everything jives really well.

I think one of my least favorite trends in Palladium books has been the decision to split a setting up into two or three books covering different aspects of the region, like one for tech and one for magic (Russia). This becomes an especially annoying problem when for whatever reason the ball is dropped and the latter books don't come out, because players and GMs are left having to fill in holes in the setting themselves or not use the books at all, a very frustrating predicament (Australia, China, I'm looking at you). I'd really prefer if a region is going to be split into two books, that it be done in the fashion of South America, where it's done by cutting it geographically in half, instead of segregating by O.C.C. type.

Runners up for me would be Coalition War Campaign (the book that made the Coalition scary), Federation of Magic (See? Entire region covered in one book! Added a lot of really cool spells and O.C.C.s!), and Triax 2 (Thank you thank you for actually giving the country background and not just more mecha!)
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

I.M.H.O
Mercenaries updated in hardware add O.C.C as a physic Mercenary
RIFTS Mercenaries book II North America
* add air force add jet , propeller planes ,new helicopters
* tank force
* brown water
* V.T.O.L /S.T.O.L military transport
* a physic O.C.C Mercenary
* new Iron heart Mercenary (this is a Mercenary company with all the toys from of old Iron heart
* steel heart is are the true Iron heart with new toy unknown allied
*Archie three Mercenary company !!!!
RIFTS Mercenaries book III south America
* V.O.T.L force
* jungle force
* brown water /river Mercenaries
RIFTS Mercenaries book IV sea Mercenary
* north America Atlantic side
* pacific side
* south America
RIFTS Mercenaries book IV Europe
* retire N.G.R soldiers
* refugee Mercenary
* N.G.R security force (I.D.F units )
* Poland Mercenary (I.D.F units )
* V.T.O.L Mercenary (I.D.F units )
* D-bee militia force (I.D.F units )
* Kingdom of Tarnow (I.D.F units )
*Temporal Raiders Mercenary human
Last edited by ZINO on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Ever since i GMed a setting in england and actually made it work, i have liked it all the more. The temporal Classes were a HUGE addition to the game, i love them. Temporal Raiders have slowly become a faverate villian, comlpete with lackies.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

ZINO wrote:I.M.H.O
Mercenaries updated in hardware add O.C.C as a physic Mercenary
* add air force add jet , propeller planes ,new helicopters
* tank force
* brown water
* V.T.O.L /S.T.O.L military transport
* a physic O.C.C Mercenary
* new Iron heart Mercenary (this is a Mercenary company with all the toys from of old Iron heart
* steel heart is are the true Iron heart with new toy unknown allied
*Archie three Mercenary company !!!!
RIFTS Mercenaries book III south America
* V.O.T.L force
* jungle force
* brown water /river Mercenaries
RIFTS Mercenaries book IV sea Mercenary
* north America Atlantic side
* pacific side
* south America
* retire N.G.R soldiers
* refugee Mercenary
* N.G.R security force (I.D.F units )
* Poland Mercenary (I.D.F units )
* V.T.O.L Mercenary (I.D.F units )
* D-bee militia force (I.D.F units )
* Kingdom of Tarnow (I.D.F units )
*Temporal Raiders Mercenary human

*add gargoyle Mercenary company (surprise aiding humans in Kingdom of Tarnow!!! and N.G.R as well !!! )
*add U.S army ranger from earth past or possible another dimension !!!
*add U.S navy for brown water operation or possible another dimension
*add U.S air forces from earth past or possible another dimension !!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Voodoolaw
Wanderer

Unread post by Voodoolaw »

For me, Vampire Kingdoms has been my all-time fav. Others are right there with it, namely Atlantis and Mercenaries, with New West and Japan (if used as stand alone) coming up close. Vampire Kingdoms was probably my first book aside from the RMB, and shaped the concept of what I thought the post-apocalyptic world to be. The more books that came out, the more the world seemed to become post-post-apocalyptic. The NPCs in it were great, and even though he only got a small mention, the character of Vyur Kly made me fall in love with psi-stalkers and changed what I would look for in the style of my Rifts characters.

The only gripe I ever had with the book was that I can't bring myself to let my players take on vamps with water guns. I pretended I never saw that weakness. Holy Water, sure. Umbrella style water spout "forcefields", not happenin.

I am also "one of those people" who are actually looking forward to the revision and re-release. I am not gonna buy every revised book that gets updated, but I am interested in seeing my all time fav get some polish and more info. I have some apprehension, but overall, I am more interested in revised VK over Lemuria or another setting that I am prolly not gonna use.

Return to “Rifts®”