totally silly powered sea inquisitor

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wildfire
Adventurer

totally silly powered sea inquisitor

Unread post by Wildfire »

since sea inquisitors can double thier damage and arm him with the Nurani vulcan plasma canon so it is now 8d6*10 instad of 4Dd6*10 and have his base class be a burster can he then amplify the plasma damage by a factor of 10? cause that would leave sick damage level 4200 at max damage for the trade off of 3 attacks the math is 4d6x10 x2 =8d6x10, and then 8d6x10x10
is this just sick or what
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: totally silly powered sea inquisitor

Unread post by Shark_Force »

the first part would work fine, as sea inquisitor damage doubling is a passive ability iirc.

the second part i'm not really certain, it depends on whether the GM allows a burster to use two actions at once (not sure why this would be 3 attacks to do, btw? should be 2 afaict) and also how the GM interprets the burster's power description (which is rather unclear, as with many things in the palladium rule set).

personally, i'd probably allow the burster to make the attempt to enlarge the plasma blast before it hits the target, using up one of his automatic parry attempts (iirc, you get 3 per action?), and he'd probably have to roll a parry without skill/HtH bonuses (but would get any possible OCC bonus, which i don't think burster has, and attribute bonus, which it might) against something like 12... otherwise, the burster didn't get the bolt enlarged before it hit, and the action is wasted. yes, wasted actions suck, but we are talking about an extremely significant damage boost here.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

If you mean I could either end up with a wasted action (maybe 1/5 of my actions to less), for an attack that could do x10 then there is no question.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

the number off attacks being 3 is because that is how many attacks it takes to do the heaviest burst from the Vulcan
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

oh. well in that case, it would be 4 attacks, you need to spend one to use the power.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

OK so 4d6 * 10 for the weapon
x 2 for the ability
x 10 for the burster?

K now if it was a critical on it as with AP missiles it isn't x 2 x 2 but x 3 as one of the x is for normal damage as in x1 and the multipliers are added together so instead of effectively being x20 it is really only x11 if it worked or:
4d6x10x((2 for ability -1 for normal damage) + (10 for burster - 1 for normal damage) + (1 for normal damage) OR
4d6x10x(1+9+1) OR 4d6x10x11 for a max of "only" 2,640 or 2,880 for a critical. If that isn't enough for you following the multiples rule... you are a sick munchking (more like Ethan from D&Dorks than Nekira) puppy.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

well assuming that damage has become mystical because of either the sea inquistor or burster part of this equation i think my have solved our how to kill a cosmic knight thread
I think there are just tings you need to accept you need to change
I think the mutant animals in SA are overpowered so I made them a country of mutants equivalent to lone star mutant and got rid of neo humans
I think water for vampires is silly so its out
conjurer are heavily edited so they make sense in a high tech world as opposed to being copy and pasted from a medievial wrld
Dragon Juicers aren't juicers they just are empowered human that need dragon blood to live
so they stay the same other than they don't die in 6 years (I truly believe that the only reason they die quickly is to fit with the them of juicers and their is no good reason for it)
there is more but you get the point
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

csbioborg wrote:well assuming that damage has become mystical because of either the sea inquistor or burster part of this equation i think my have solved our how to kill a cosmic knight thread
I think the mutant animals in SA are overpowered so I made them a country of mutants equivalent to lone star mutant and got rid of neo humans
conjurer are heavily edited so they make sense in a high tech world as opposed to being copy and pasted from a medievial wrld
Dragon Juicers aren't juicers they just are empowered human that need dragon blood to live
so they stay the same other than they don't die in 6 years (I truly believe that the only reason they die quickly is to fit with the them of juicers and their is no good reason for it)

Because a dragon's blood coursing through your veins is perfectly safe right? :nh:
So your an advocate of world wide vampire domination... and you probably like sparkly vampires too (kidding... on the last part)
Yeah get the point that it is your house rules. But what does it have to do with the OP? Or are you just trying to say, in a long winded way, it's their game and they can do what ever they want?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Zer0 Kay wrote:
csbioborg wrote:well assuming that damage has become mystical because of either the sea inquistor or burster part of this equation i think my have solved our how to kill a cosmic knight thread

Because a dragon's blood coursing through your veins is perfectly safe right? :nh:
So your an advocate of world wide vampire domination... and you probably like sparkly vampires too (kidding... on the last part)
Yeah get the point that it is your house rules. But what does it have to do with the OP? Or are you just trying to say, in a long winded way, it's their game and they can do what ever they want?

basically and that you can find errors and errata in the books plus mechanically you can find things to take advantage of
so you need some house rules to recitfy that
anyone honestly believe the Psi Stalkers could keep secret the fact they turn mdc when facing the supernatural when many of them are in te CS military or for that matter woud keep it a secret
you send 20 years in the CS military and become a Sergant Major meanin you've got reglar humans psyics and oters whom you are in charge of odds are you are pretty patriotic

ancient dragon blood apparently is good for yu snce each application adds 6d6 years on to your life span according to the dragon juicer rules e.g. the dragon juicer in Stormspire is going to lie far longer than a normal dragon juicer because he is given ancient dragon blood often
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

csbioborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

basically and that you can find errors and errata in the books plus mechanically you can find things to take advantage of
anyone honestly believe the Psi Stalkers could keep secret the fact they turn mdc when facing the supernatural when many of them are in te CS military or for that matter woud keep it a secret
you send 20 years in the CS military and become a Sergant Major meanin you've got reglar humans psyics and oters whom you are in charge of odds are you are pretty patriotic

ancient dragon blood apparently is good for yu snce each application adds 6d6 years on to your life span according to the dragon juicer rules e.g. the dragon juicer in Stormspire is going to lie far longer than a normal dragon juicer because he is given ancient dragon blood often

Hmm, I want to see some idiot dragon juicer try using one of the Dragon Gods blood. :D
csbioborg
Champion

Zer0 Kay wrote:
csbioborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

I wonder what would happn if h somehow got is hands on it

Hmm, I want to see some idiot dragon juicer try using one of the Dragon Gods blood. :D

I wondr what would happn if h managd actually get his hands on some
Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

Cain wrote:

Nope, I don't think we have. The Sea Inquisitor only inflicts double damage against EVIL supernatural creatures, hence it would not get to double the damage of whatever weapon it is using when attacking a cosmoknight. (The example in their OCC writeup for this power specifically mentions it works on evil dragons, giving us double confirmation that it ONLY works against supernatural creatures and creatures of magic who are of Evil alignments. Hence, a Sea Inquisitor will not do double damage against a GOOD cosmoknight (who aren't souppies or CoMs anyway).

Further, it says all sea inquisitors are Principled or Scrupulous. I find it hard to believe they would fight with a Cosmo Knight to the death to begin with. The ONLY way I can see an Iquisitor killing a Cosmo-knight is if the Witch Finder simply GOT THE COSMO-KNIGHT KILLED by convincing him or her to help the Inquisitors attack the Lord of the Deep, and the Lord and it's minions killed the Knight. ;)

I think the OP missed a few key things about the Sea Inquisitor OCC anyway. He mentions taking 'Burster as the base class' but why would you get to pick a 'base class' when selecting an OCC like the Sea Inquisitor anyway? He makes it sound like the Inquisitor is a Race with racial abilities, that picks an OCC, when that is not the case. It is an OCC already, and it says Inquisitors come from many races.

Couple corrections, fwiw... First, it does indeed tell you to pick a base OCC (gives a couple restrictions), which is used to determine your secondary and other skills. Second, it also says the class can be also unprincipled. Also to note, the book was published at a time when Palladium wasn't very consistent on maintaining clear delineations of OCCs vs RCCs. Under those conditions, I think they were more interested in the concept of the SI class, which involved stealing potential RCC abilities primarily from psychics, at the expense of trying to actually maintain consistency between OCC/RCC boundaries. Thus, I think the spirit of the class is that several inquisitors can indeed potentially have base rcc's, such as mind melters/bursters/other psychics, even if other canon rules regarding OCC/RCC differences may seem in conflict.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I would say that the damage doubling is not cumulative, so it's (4d6x10)x12, and I would also say that the gun in question fires too quickly for a burster to be able to affect the damage done before it hits, so we're back to (4d6x10)x2

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
csbioborg
Champion

Cain wrote:

Nope, I don't think we have. The Sea Inquisitor only inflicts double damage against EVIL supernatural creatures, hence it would not get to double the damage of whatever weapon it is using when attacking a cosmoknight. (The example in their OCC writeup for this power specifically mentions it works on evil dragons, giving us double confirmation that it ONLY works against supernatural creatures and creatures of magic who are of Evil alignments. Hence, a Sea Inquisitor will not do double damage against a GOOD cosmoknight (who aren't souppies or CoMs anyway).

Further, it says all sea inquisitors are Principled or Scrupulous. I find it hard to believe they would fight with a Cosmo Knight to the death to begin with. The ONLY way I can see an Iquisitor killing a Cosmo-knight is if the Witch Finder simply GOT THE COSMO-KNIGHT KILLED by convincing him or her to help the Inquisitors attack the Lord of the Deep, and the Lord and it's minions killed the Knight. ;)

I think the OP missed a few key things about the Sea Inquisitor OCC anyway. He mentions taking 'Burster as the base class' but why would you get to pick a 'base class' when selecting an OCC like the Sea Inquisitor anyway? He makes it sound like the Inquisitor is a Race with racial abilities, that picks an OCC, when that is not the case. It is an OCC already, and it says Inquisitors come from many races.

good people ae on both sides of every war don't you think there were good Japanese Iraqi's German's Koreans etc all fihting for there counry
the civil war had many good men on both sides ofthe war
history is full of good men fighting killing and dyingfor their cause against other principled men
its the evil man that scurries away from the battle field
csbioborg
Champion

Cain wrote:I'm not sure what your point is there, man. This isn't RL, this is an RPG, and there is no 'war scenario' between Cosmo-Knights and Sea Inquisitors. The scenario presented is a one on one battle, and it is completely out of the question that either of these two specific factions would EVER 'declare war' on one another-- it's highly unlikely for them to even encounter each other, unless you random-rift an adventuring group to the Phaseworld dimension.

Have you read the Hammer of the Forge, from the Rifters? The cosmo-knight hero of that story visited Rifts Earth once, briefly, after being sucked through an artificial black hole. Sure, he got into a few fights with the 'good guys' of Rifts Earth, who had no idea who or what he was. But he did not KILL them, he recognized they were not evil threats, and escaped battle at the earliest opportunity-- he was there to capture a dangerous Kreeghor, not to kill the local flora, fauna and sapients. Nor did they kill the Cosmo-knight. As soon as they found out he was a principled knight and a hero of the Cosmos, they stopped fighting him and started helping him on his quest instead -- exactly as we should expect any Principled or Scrupulous heroes like the Sea Inquisitors to do should they for some reason encounter a Cosmo-Knight on Rifts Earth.

I never said they wouldn't fight due to both being Principled/Scrupulous. I said they would not fight to the death. They are not two nations at war (giving easy justifications to 'kill the enemy soldiers') but two adventurers facing off one-on-one, and I believe they should realise long before the point of any 'deathblows' that they are both honourable warriors who are on the same side. And as a GM, I would hold BOTH characters to playing within their alignments! Which would mean, at best, defeating and arressting their foe, not killing him, unless there is absolutely no other choice (ie. many innocent lives are in immediate danger). But if we need to start discussing what the various Alignments mean, we are getting WAY off topic on this thread. Me pointing out that this entire 'scenario' is a moot point due to tight alignment restrictions on both classes involved is On Topic. Us degrading this into an argument of what Principled and Scrupulous alignments mean is clearly derailing this into Off Topic Land.

I'm just saying hypothically the sea inquisitor gets rifted to say the central allaince joins thre military and the CK is assisting the CCW. The equivalentof the Maine blows up inCentra Allianceterritory both couldmeet up and fight to the death without acting out of charecter.
both could be good people

Return to “Rifts®”