Lazlo.org: Storylines for September 2010

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Lazlo.org: Storylines for September 2010

Unread post by Lord Z »

Back in June and into July, we were discussing a play through of the old Window to Another World adventure done through the LS forums. Maybe be spent too much time planning, but for whatever reason, we never executed the plan. Let's just start the thing. Someone please begin a first person thread at the .Org, and leave a link to it here in this thread.

Old thread link -- http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=114744

Would other people like to announce their upcoming or ongoing story arcs?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: Lazlo.org: Storylines for September 2010

Unread post by Cybermancer »

I'm not sure if we spent too much time planning or if perhaps it had more to do with everyone going about their summer activities. I know I was on a course that was soon followed by leave and visiting family.

Cyber may have detected something going on and decided to get the media involved.

Perhaps in the form of an anonymous tip to Raven?

"Secret government base in league with Reptiods. Sunshine resort a front and cover. Check it out."

Other interested parties may have recieved similar tips to get them in the area.

Is that enough to get the ball rolling?
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Next month, I really plan on revisiting my Caprice/Nacathra/Victor Woodruff connection. I made one post this summer and fizzled.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Groovy, please send me an in-character private message.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Cybermancer
Hero

It is done.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Groovy, I'll try to get something started today.

Cybermancer
Hero

So far so good. The ball has started rolling at least.

What next? More hints dropped here and there to get people interested?

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I guess what happens next depends on who jumps in. Raven is a latent psychic, so unless someone more clearly directs him, I intend to just let his hunch be correct. He'll leave to travel there today. Raven will be that guy in the story whose car breaks down during the flash. Any EMP pulse strong enough to kill a car will also kill his iPhone, so Raven probably won't be posting during the events. Maybe Cybermancer has a more robust internet device.

Will he meet Cyber or Boggs on location?

http://www.lazlosociety.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1713

Cybermancer
Hero

I can't speak for Dr. Boggs but I can arrange for Cyber to show up there.

Maybe give it a day or two to see who else wants it. Still doesn't seem to be a lot of Lazlo folk lurking around at the moment.

WWVLD?
Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Michael T might get interested, I have been busy with a PF game so I have not posted like I was wanting to after the long absence.
Cybermancer
Hero

The more, the merrier I say.

Do you have a hook to get involved or do you need one tossed out to you?

WWVLD?
Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

I think I'll need a hook to get me going. Running a PF for a group of new players is eating a lot of my ideas right now.
Cybermancer
Hero

Micheal T is a magic user, correct?

Is he part of a mystic society?
Does the government have a file on him?
Does he follow various occult publications aside from Lazlo?

Basically, I'm fishing for ways and means that he might hear about it.

Of course, there is the old stand by of being in the area when the EMP goes off.

WWVLD?
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

There's that weird girl staying at Cybermancer's mansion.

But I'll have to read the adventure again before I committ; I don't even remember what it's about.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Groovy, I'll post a message about Raven leaving today. If anyone wants to catch a ride with him and do their part for yellow journalism, please post something to that affect. If the flash happens tomorrow night, Raven will be out of communication for a while. From that point, I'll be posting developments here.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Xar, please remember to put a link here when you post that new narrative.

Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Michael is a 11 th lvl mage. The government has no file on him yet, he keeps track of a few different occult publications and has a few contacts that might be able to get world to him.
Cybermancer
Hero

In the spirit of keeping things rolling and just doing it instead of talking about it, I'm going to toss out these ideas. This is still Lord Z's show so if you (Lord Z) want to change anything here, just say so.

Garm,

Perhaps his contacts could tell him that there seems to be some strange goings on in the area. Those who track the goings on in Hades are reporting that a sizable contingent of Gargoyles and Gurgoyle are mobilizing and preparing to enter the world somehow. If he has access to information that specific, that is.

An article in an obscure occult publication reports that an old native sun calender sight was appropriated by the government. Some google map images of the area show that some sort of military camp is being built on the sight. Problem is, those map images are not on Google Maps so either they were removed or the pictures are forgeries.

How's that for a hook?

Sasha,

You raise a good point about the strange girl at the mansion. Actually, all the mansion residents will be aware that Cybermancer/Matt is planning a little camping trip. He's got a black SUV and a camping trailer. So anyone who wants to come along can always catch a ride with him. He'll be reluctant but can't come up with an excuse to say no without revealing what he's up to.

This camping trip does apparently involve hunting as he's loaded a high powered rifle with scope and enough ammunition to depopulate the bear population of an entire state. And apparently the bears will be wearing bullet proof vests because it's armor piercing ammunition.

As for the plot of the original adventure...

Spoiler:
The basic plot of the original Window on the World adventure was that the characters were in the area for whatever reason, (hunting, camping, and so on) when there's a flash and an EMP pulse. The cars stop and all electronic devices that were powered at the time no longer work. The characters find a campsite that likewise has lost power. Then they run into a guard from the base who's running away from something. He explains that somehow an experiment on the base opened a door to another world and these things (Gargoyles and Gurgoyles) started pouring through. It's up to the PC's to shut down the generators powering the gate, rescue the prisoners and hopefully kill all the monsters.

WWVLD?
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Ah, yes, I'd like to beat that adventure this time around. I'll see what I can come up with.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

I forwarded this to Vik, she might be interested, too.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Micheal and Sasha would should both fit like a pair of magic, gun-toting gloves. I give myself the award The Most Forced Metaphor in Dramtic Series.

Raven is in the area. The flash will occur after sundown tonight.

Cybermancer
Hero

Sounds good.

Cyber and Doc Boggs will be on the road when it happens, stranded a few short miles from the campsite. Along with anyone else from the mansion that hitched a ride.

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Cyber & Boggs, were the two of you tracking the disburbance or looking for Raven, because he was at the campsite when the flash occurred. He'll be moving through the woods (and probably getting lost) to investigate the source of the flash.

"Raven's War Journal: September 25th.
I am currently in Canada near the border. I was just about to upload my GPS coordinates to the Lazlo Society when a flash occurred in the sky to the South-West. All of our electronics including my new iPhone went dead. I am writing this journal by the light of a kerosine lamp another camper has brought. I will soon move in the direction of the flash which seemed to originate not far from here. No one is showing signs of radiation poisoning yet."

The next plot point is the soldier in the woods. Does anyone want to claim being the guy who spots the soldier? If not, we can assign that encounter randomly.

sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Sadly I cant commit to real time story lines. Have fun.
Cybermancer
Hero

Cyber would be cursing as the SUV rolls to a halt. He'd get out and start pulling things off him. His smoking cell phone. His watch. Oddly, his belt. What appears to be some sort of stun gun is also discarded with the other electronic devices. His pocket watch is an antique wind up so it's still working. He'd comment about always having an analog backup to critical equipment when ever possible while putting an automatic pistol in his shoulder holster, replacing the 'stun gun'.

After grabbing the rifle and a back pack, he'd head off in the direction of the flash, along with Doctor Boggs. He occasionally pauses to check a compass and map he has with him.

That should set things up for Cyber and Boggsy to meet up with Raven. Then maybe they can run into the guard?

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Agreed!
Raven doesn't have any wilderness skills as I recall, so he's wandering in circles. He isn't even sure on which side of the border he is located.

So Cybermancer (and whomever is traveling with him) could hear Raven crunching through the dark woods. 'Hello. Is someone there? Don't shoot! I am not a talking deer!'
Last edited by Lord Z on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybermancer
Hero

Talking deer are as trust worthy as any other talking animal.

Plus, you know, venison.

But now is not the time to resort to psuedo-cannibalism.

Cyber/Matt would be call to RAVEN, not yet knowing who it is, "Hello there? Who's that? We were on the road when there was that flash of light. We're on our way to check it out." He would be holding the rifle with the muzzle down and in a non-threatening manner.

After RAVEN introduces himself (assuming he does), Cyber will introduce himself as, "Matt." The name 'Cybermancer' doesn't come up. His hair is currently dyed black and he's relying on the dark of night to conceal his eyes somewhat.

Anyone else think that this ragtag group could really use some 'brick' characters to join them? :P Where's Ron Caliburn when you really need him?

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Well Elfgirl, I don't think we'll be posting over at Lazlo for a couple of days yet, if only to sort everything out. So we can always retroactively insert Clarity into the action if you wish and if you're up to it.

As to the action, the next thing to happen I believe is the soldier running through the woods (individual incidents like the strange noises and such can be added as flavor when we write this up).

Clarity Grace could see him coming first if Elfgirl decides to join in. Otherwise maybe Raven? He's a reporter so I reckon he must be at least moderately aware of his surroundings.

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I've got no problems with anyone wanting to insert themselves. We haven't determined exactly who all is there yet, so it isn't retroactive in my opinion. Even if it were retroactive, I would still welcome the participation.

In game -- Raven wanders towards the voices. "Greetings chickens, being a fowl of these woods might be more hazardous than being a deer friend. All animal jokes aside, my name is Raven. I came from the Sunshine Campground nearby. We saw the flash also, voided my iPhone warranty." Raven is a tall, middle-aged white dude wearing a casual outfit. His own pistol is in his jacket pocket.

When Raven emerges into the moonlight, he sees the group and adds, "Oh, pardon me for being stereotypical American, but I was hoping that you would be Mounties."

Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Well Michael can be near by drawing on a ley line to recharge some of his talismans, he would cast flight and invisibility to get a better look a round. He looks very much like Gary Oldman in the pic here:http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3571748608/nm0000198
He is grayer and is still filling back out after his absence. He is dressed in jeans and appropriate shirt for the weather. He will land near by to check on the people he sees near the road. He is in his early forties but looks fifty ish due to stress.
Cybermancer
Hero

I suppose I should give a quick description of Cyber here.

<--- See that avatar pic? There's a reason I picked it. :P But without the high tech eye piece and armor. He's currently dressed in hunting garb and is prepared for a cool night. He's a fit man in his early thirties. He's just over six feet tall.

His hair is currently dyed black and most of it is under a baseball cap. The cap along with the darkness of night go a long way to hiding his eyes which are all black. He's friendly enough to those who are visible but seems in a hurry to move towards the cause of the flash. "I'm Matt, glad to meet you." He pulls out his pocket watch, glances at it and then in the direction of the flash. His brow creases in a frown.

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Just so everyone knows, "Mr. Just" is Clarity's name for Cyber. It's a long story. :P

I think a few red herrings may be a good idea. Certainly the possibility of referring to the Gargoyles and Gurgoyles as Reptoids has been introduced already. But even if we can toss in events that didn't happen in the original adventure? And perhaps delete the encounter with the soldier? The 'players' already have incentive to go investigate things, so the hook isn't required.

Perhaps instead of having him run away he's on patrol to keep the nosy away? And maybe he's not alone? Alone or not, maybe he doesn't know what's going on and is following the last orders given?

Another possibility is finding a group of 'Reptoids' (Gurgoyles) fighting it out with a group army personnel.

Just a few ideas to mix it up so perhaps those reading it over at the boards don't just exclaim, "I know that adventure!"

WWVLD?
Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Michael will show himself and ask if every thing is okay with the group, he would also note Boggs as a potential mage. He would sign the call sign from the Lazlo board with his hand slightly glowing. He will introduce himself as Michael, he will ask if any one is hurt and if any one has any electronics still working.

As for Michael taking flight I think he would be safe for the flight to the group as he is invisible and can sense the evil from the Gargoyles and Gurgoyles. He will be on high alert after seeing shadows.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

As far as tanks go, I was hoping Master Lee would be here. We might have to use our noggins to get through this.

If anyone peers at Raven's aura, it will be show him to be a middle-high level if unfocused psychic, in excellent health for a man his age (48 years), a full reserve of ISP, low PPE, and somewhat frustrated. "Hello Matt, Boggsie, Miss -- No Miss, my parents were not birds, just people with an unhealthy admiration for Mister Edgar Allen Poe. My mother wanted to name me Annabell Lee, even after learning I was a boy."

When Micheal makes his entrance not long afterward, Raven quietly reaches for his Walther pistol. The Lazlo hand signal is not recognized. "Is this fellow deaf or a talented LARPer?"

I like the suggestion of the changing the soldier encounter. I'm going to run with it! After meeting Micheal, we might follow the sound of gunfire back to the campground or deeper Southwest to a fishing cabin. There, soldiers who were performing recon are there. The soldiers have lost radio contact with their base, rounded up civilians, fired warning shots into the air, and are arguing about what to do next. Also, forrest animals should be fleeing from the direction of Sigma Station.

Cybermancer
Hero

It occurs to me that if we can turn those soldiers to our side, we may just have all the tanks we could want/need.

Matt would express this by pulling the group back away from the scene (keeping at least one eye on Clarity) and in hushed tones he'd whisper, "I think it's essential to get to the source of that flash. But it could be very dangerous when we get there." He might exchange a meaningful glance with Doctor Boggs based on an earlier conversation the two of them had. "I might be able to get them soldiers working with us. That EM pulse has no doubt knocked out their radios and cell phones and that can work in our favor. BUT, and this is a big one, it could backfire and anyone who exposes themselves to the soldiers could be in trouble."

To Clarity he would say, "Do you think you could help those soldiers to be calmer, friendlier and more likely to believe any truth I tell them? Or even warn us if they're not going to be able to remain calm, friendly and trusting?"

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

So did Micheal spot this group of soldiers while scouting ahead for us?

Raven would like that idea. He will suggest, however, letting Clarity do the sweet-talking.

Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

The gods of random dice say no to his spotting them, sorry. Figure a roll on percentile is a good way to add some randomness to the set up. Michael would be a lot more relaxed with the refreshing innocence and out look on life that Clarity has after his last couple of years.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The argument between the soldiers is getting more heated. Some are talking about a place called Sigma. The debate is whether to stay put and wait for further contact as per standing orders or evacuate the region as per the last, partial orders received over radio.

So does Matt still want to do the talking?

Cybermancer
Hero

What nationality are the soldiers and what side of the border are we on?

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Um, you decide. We're nowhere close to Quebec, so everyone should be speaking English if that is what you were wondering.

Cybermancer
Hero

In that case I say go with American troops just on the American side of the border. It works better with what I was thinking about.

I'll have to post Matt's plan later.

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Okay, my brain has finally engaged into gear.

Here's Cyber's plan in a nut shell. He'll approach the soldiers and ask everyone else to hang back. If they want to remain hidden in case they have to bolt, he's fine with that. He'd ask Dr. Boggs to keep his eyes on Clarity.

He'll approach the soldiers boldly and just like he has every right to. With his back to the rest of the group, he'll reach into his jacket and pull out a wallet and flash something at the highest ranking soldier. Someone might see a flash of metal.

What the soldiers will see:

Spoiler:
The wallet contains legitimate FBI ID and badge. Counter Intelligence. He can provide a number for the officer to call, not that it will help with everybodies phones out. Convenient that. In low whispers he will inform the officer that he is a special agent and was assigned to the Sigma project due to suspicions that it may have been infiltrated by terrorists. Apparently the terrorists conducted the sabotage they were planning before he managed to arrive. After introducing himself thusly, he demands a situation report. Again, he's acting like he has every right to make demands and to issue orders. He's familiar with military structure and protocol and seems to be able to speak like someone not only used to giving orders, but having them obeyed.

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Watching from a distance, Raven can't quite make out what is happening. Between the darkness and the sounds in the woods, he is getting a little frustrated. 'Well, they didn't shoot him,' he whispers to Clarity.

Cybermancer
Hero

Since it seems that the bluff is working, Matt will continue to take charge. He'll task a small group of the soldiers to continue the evacuation in an orderly fashion then have the officer organize the remaining troops to move back towards Sigma with directions to join up with any other forces and to engage any hostile forces. "You'll know them when you see them."

He'll wave the rest of the group forward and inform the guard they are also specialists.

Okay, how do we want to proceed from here?

I'm thinking that the soldiers can handle a lot of the heavy lifting so far as fighting goes. And they make a nice little distraction that can allow the group to slip into the facility to rescue scientists and shut down the machinery. Shutting down the machinery is where Matt will shine so that leaves rescue operations for everyone else.

Also, there's no reason to limit ourselves to the plot here. I would suggest that if anyone wants something to happen while in this top secret government facility that deals with dimensional travel, now is definitely the time. If possible, it would be nice if everyone involved had a specific moment to 'shine', you know? You all know your characters best so what is it you can do to that will stand out and maybe won't be something someone else can do?

I know we have two spellcasters with us at the moment, but perhaps they have different specialties or have to do something that takes them both working together? It actually occurs to me that even after the machinery is shut down, some force on the other side is keeping the portal open with magic...

So let's hear those ideas. :)

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Raven will step out when Matt waves. Is Micheal making an appearance or remaining invisible?

One of the soldiers gives his sit-rep, 'Sirs, I am Sargeant Hector Perez. We left for regular long range patrol from Sigma Station at nineteen-hundred hours. We were told that another energy system test was to be taking place tonight, so we weren't supposed to be concerned about any glows seen over the horizon from the stationm Glows, right. At approximately twenty-one ten, that glow lit up the whole sky. It was at that instant we lost communications, right while I was transmitting that we had found these civilians trespassing. Their story about being here on a fishing trip seems to hold up, but we were supposed to call in for further instructions when we find someone. We also heard some explosions from the direction of Signma about half and hour ago, still no radio contact. In fact, all of our electronic clear is busted, the civies' stuff too. If you like Sirs, we can escort these civies to nearest highway, or we can show you the short way back to Sigma, five cliches southwest from here. There are bears and rattlesnakes in these woods, so it's not the type of place you want to go unarmed.'

Another soldier adds, 'If that was a fire fight we heard, we might want to stop by the weapons cache we maintain in case of terrorist attack.'

Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Michael would have appeared when Boggs asked him to, so as not to provoke an attack from the group.Michael will be haqnging back and following the lead of Cyber and be ready with a few spells if things go to pot. He would cast an Armor of Ithan on Clarity when the group starts towards Sigma. As far as something keeping the gate open I think that is a good plot twist, as the station was on a nexus in the orignial write up it could be interesting to have it spike at the critical moment for Boggs and Michael to be able to close it.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

What encounter should happen next? The original adventure referred to some downed helicopters. I think it might be fun to find the mentioned fourth chopper or else witness it crash.

Cybermancer
Hero

Petite Elfgirl wrote:
Lord Z wrote:Watching from a distance, Raven can't quite make out what is happening. Between the darkness and the sounds in the woods, he is getting a little frustrated. 'Well, they didn't shoot him,' he whispers to Clarity.

"Will they?" Big eyes and possible rush to "save" Cyber. She's very protective of her guardians (whether she can make a difference when rushing to their "aid" is a different matter entirely. :wink: )
Cybermancer wrote: (snipped)

Okay, how do we want to proceed from here?

I'm thinking that the soldiers can handle a lot of the heavy lifting so far as fighting goes. And they make a nice little distraction that can allow the group to slip into the facility to rescue scientists and shut down the machinery. Shutting down the machinery is where Matt will shine so that leaves rescue operations for everyone else.

Also, there's no reason to limit ourselves to the plot here. I would suggest that if anyone wants something to happen while in this top secret government facility that deals with dimensional travel, now is definitely the time. If possible, it would be nice if everyone involved had a specific moment to 'shine', you know? You all know your characters best so what is it you can do to that will stand out and maybe won't be something someone else can do?

I know we have two spellcasters with us at the moment, but perhaps they have different specialties or have to do something that takes them both working together? It actually occurs to me that even after the machinery is shut down, some force on the other side is keeping the portal open with magic...

So let's hear those ideas. :)

One way that Clarity can "shine," so to speak, is her ability to heal and the strange energy anomalies that occur around her; specifically, magic. One method that could foreshadow this is Michael T attempting to cast Armor of Ithan on Clarity only to have it fail--like trying to fill up a sink with a glass of water while the plug is missing (just goes down the drain).

Or perhaps someone from the downed helicopter is necessary for us to get through or whatever (is a superior officer to Matt, has a password that we need, or something similar), and he's in coma and precariously hanging on to life. The medical staff inform Matt that the injured superior may not survive the night. Then, whoever is watching Clarity turns around for a moment and suddenly finds she's gone. There's a soft white light from the downed helicopter (injured officers too unstable to move), and Clarity returns with a big smile.

"I think Officer Unstable can talk now."

The man in question is still heavily injured, but he's stable and conscious, and somewhat dazed at the first. But he's willing to talk and see us through.

I gotta say, I'm really liking this approach. Although outranking Cyber isn't the best fit. He's bluffing a person used to authortarian structure with credentials that said person might accept as superior to their own in this unique case. Especially in a crisis situation involving civilians where said member of the authoritarian regime isn't going to want too much responsibility for what happens. Although perhaps he could lend additional credibility to Cyber's bluff.

Spoiler:
FBI? And counter-intelligence? Thank god you're here. I'd hate to be in the hot seat right now, that's for dang sure. Everything's gone to heck. Literally.

Just having flown over the site after everything happened would be immensely valuable however. He could talk about the monsters, give a layout of where they are (or where). Certainly healing him so he could pass on such information would be absolutely critical to success. He might also be able to confirm such things as the fact that the hostiles hadn't made it to the cache yet. Basically, he could fill the role of the running guard from the original but perhaps won't be able to come along and was only able to pass along that critical info because of the actions of the players (in this case, Clarity--something that Matt will definitely find the time to praise her for, even if it's on the way home). he might even have a password to the area where the scientists are holed up... or maybe the underground area where the dimensional energy generators are... or both.

WWVLD?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

To make sure we are all on the same page, here is what has happened. Micheal spotted a group of soldiers harrassing some civilians on a fishing trip. Matt approached them and tricked them into accepting his authority. Clarity ran out to join him. Boggs, Micheal, and Raven came out when Matt signaled for them to come out from cover. Please correct whatever is different.

How many soldiers do we have? Did we say already? How about 12? Their functional gear consists of standard M-16 assault rifles, pistols (don't know what model would be appropriate), survival knives, and combat fatigues. Any explosives?

Hmm, if the helicopter were from Sigma, it wouldn't function after the flash. It probably crashed immediately the flash, now that I think about it. I don't like the idea of the helicopter originating from outside of the event horizon. That would break the theme of isolation. Then again, I haven't come up with any better ideas concerning how the helicopter pilot might have seen enough to be useful to the story.

I think this helicopter would be a Blackhawk. Is it on fire when we find it?

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Agreed! We proceed south until we hear a loud crash to our west. About two cliches outside of Sigma, we find a recently crashed Blackhawk. The co-pilot is the only survivor, and he has been trapped in the wreckage. We pull out the survivor, and he relates what he saw to us. It's basically the same story as running soldier told in the original adventure -- buildings leveled, five pointed star with a rift in the middle, large walking and flying creatures overrunning the soldiers. The vehicle has tore pieces which look like large claw marks, and the co-pilot says that one of the monsters pulled the pilot out through the forward windshield. The co-pilot tried retreating, but damage from the fight and failing controls soon brought the bird down.

The chopper is a total wreck, but it's not burning as a result of all the electronics being killed. If anyone wants to pull any special equipment out of the wreck, go ahead and declare that. Raven will take a flare pistol with him.

Question -- what did we decide to do with the civilians in the cabin?

Another question -- are we headed towards Sigma Station or the weapons cache?

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”