Building a Robot Hero? Errata for Books?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Building a Robot Hero? Errata for Books?

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I was tinkering on a robot hero and was somewhat confused on the pricing of some systems. HU2 gives or set of prices, galaxy guide gives a totally different set of prices or P.S. and P.P.

One book says you have to buy the P.S for the hand, the arm and join seperatedly ( umm why? ) does this also apply to the legs?

One curiousity was that alien bionics have a raised P.S. Limit of 40 and P.P of 26 but robotics doesn't seem to get a such a stat limit boost. Technically speaking what would a bonic system be made from that a robot system couldn't be? couldn't a robot arm be built the same way the cyber arm would be?

Also It may have been brought up before but the budget for building a robot from HU2 seems to be abit off. After buying a brain, frame and power system your pretty much broke. Was this ever raised or the prices for stuff adjusted?

I would very much like to hear anything you guys and gals can offer. Anyone have an ideas for streamlining/revamping the system for bot building?
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Building a Robot Hero? Errata for Books?

Unread post by Nemo235 »

VR Dragon wrote:I was tinkering on a robot hero and was somewhat confused on the pricing of some systems. HU2 gives or set of prices, galaxy guide gives a totally different set of prices or P.S. and P.P.

Aliens are supposed to have better technology levels, so you can get the stuff cheaper.

VR Dragon wrote:One book says you have to buy the P.S for the hand, the arm and join seperatedly ( umm why? ) does this also apply to the legs?

I suppose you could buy just a hand and not the whole arm. I never undertood why you would have to buy both of the strengths, though. How many situations pop up that you use hand strength without arm strength?
As far as seperate prices for feet and legs, I'd have to check.
VR Dragon wrote:One curiousity was that alien bionics have a raised P.S. Limit of 40 and P.P of 26 but robotics doesn't seem to get a such a stat limit boost.

Yeah, if alien tech is supposed to be better, it seems like alien robotic stats should have a higher upper limit.
VR Dragon wrote:Technically speaking what would a bonic system be made from that a robot system couldn't be? couldn't a robot arm be built the same way the cyber arm would be?

You would think. The only difference I can see is a robotic limb is built on a completely mechanical frame, while a bionic is attached to an orgainic that has to be reinforced if strength far beyond the norm is going to be used.
VR Dragon wrote:Also It may have been brought up before but the budget for building a robot from HU2 seems to be abit off. After buying a brain, frame and power system your pretty much broke. Was this ever raised or the prices for stuff adjusted?

I seem to remember an errata about the starting robot budget, but couldn't find it on the errata page here. Maybe it's in the GM's Guide?
VR Dragon wrote: I would very much like to hear anything you guys and gals can offer. Anyone have an ideas for streamlining/revamping the system for bot building?

The rules for robots, vehicles, weapons, armor and other technological gadgets and inventions need to be rewritten into one system.
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I agree with the statement that all the hardware and technology should be rewritten into one system. There seems no rhyme nor reason it is all in separate sections and some things, like airships and dirigibles, you have to go way off the beaten track to find.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I usually use Rifts Sourcebook One for building robots and then converting them over to HU
The Dragon Has Spoken

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”