Any given dates?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Any given dates?

Unread post by jedi078 »

For when particular NEMA Robot’s and Power armor were first deployed?

I do have a time line of when the mecha were introduced just no definite dates/years yet.

USA-G20
Bull Dog
Mastiff
USA-G10
USA-106
Big Dog Super Mastiff

The above list is based upon the tech level of the particular mecha. For example because it is not armored with chromium the Gunbuster predates both the Silver Eagle and the Chromium Guardsman. By this rational the same can be said of the Bull Dog and Mastiff, which if introduced after the Chromium Guardsman would have chromium armor. We also know that the Big Dog Super Mastiff was one of the last mecha produced by NEMA before the great cataclysm.

As a note I do have a chromium armored variant of the Gunbuster, Bull Dog, and Mastiff in my game.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Any given dates?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd argue that for the robots, they might not have used 'chrome' due to the costs of such armor. NEMA and the US wouldn't have unlimited budget, so having their bigger units use a cheaper, and probably easier to work with, armor material would help in terms of "how many X can we afford to operate" and "how much armor type Y can we afford to stockpile"

since the USA-G10, silver eagle, and the like are all smaller powered armors, they wouldn't use as much armor as a big robot, and thus stockpiling replacement armor would be a bit easier.

there is also the question of wether 'chrome' can be aplied to units larger than powered armor and retain it's duribility. robots have larger surface area, and can't be shaped to provide structural reinforcement quite as easily as a human sized suit. so it might not protect as well from kinetic or explosive hits when in flatter plates.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”