How to make an angel

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: How to make an angel

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Just let them be a godling with whichever OCC they wish and call the character an angel. Good improvisation.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

You could use the spirits of light from the old conversion book . . . but the above suggestion is good, and has more variety
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Try using Guardians as angels or modify Spirits of Light to the way your group sees angels.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Make them all Nightspawn.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

baddream01 wrote:wow where was this ideda when i was with the other group

Which one? Mine? It is easy you got the wings, you got the looks and in some other descriptions of Angels you can even match their looks and you even have the MDC figured out since you just add the SDC/HP of the Morphous form.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Dang....and I didn't even get to post my [really, really bad] idea.

Shoot a bishop in the head. BOOM! Instant angel.

Note: I do not condone the murder of anyone, especially clergy. I just have a demented sense of humour.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Spirits of Light RCC
Goldlings RCC
Guardians RCC (Nightbane)
Nightbane RCC (Nightbane)
Athanosis RCC (Nightbane) (Actually based on Angels)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rayven wrote:Dang.... and I didn't even get to post my [really, really bad] idea.

Shoot a bishop in the head. BOOM! Instant angel.

Note: I do not condone the murder of anyone, especially clergy. I just have a demented sense of humor.

Shooting a christen only makes them into a martyr.
Angels are not dead people. Unlike the popular mythos the media presents.
Just like the myth that Saten is going to rule hell, it is a bunch of $^!†.
(Hell is going to be painful, like every part of the body is burning and the person feeling 100% of it 100% of the time. And Saten is going to be in the hottest part, so he will have even less capacity to even think then a human soul.
"disclaimer" No, I'm not advocating you go out and burn yourself or anyone else to feel what it will feel like.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Shooting a christen only makes them into a martyr.

One is only a martyr if they die for not renouncing or giving up their religious beliefs.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

There is also the Angel Immortal from Heroes Unlimited 2? or is it 3? I don't remember which right now. :?
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

baddream01 wrote:well i figure that the closeest thig would be a godling witht a preist package minus preist skills
what do u think
the players all want to play 1 and i dont have al the books

Which books do you have ?

If I know what you have to work with I can give you a better more honest attempt then just saying something .. that you might not know what I am talking about .. because if you might not have the books.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Use the spirits of light from the conversion book, or use the Athanatos in the out of print Nightbane book Shadows of Light.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Anthar wrote:There is also the Angel Immortal from Heroes Unlimited 2? or is it 3? I don't remember which right now. :?

Yes, in PU2 there is a "Angel" or "Ancient Spirit of Order/-Light/ -Good" immortal type. There are also Godling, DemiGod, and Avatar of a God type immortals also.
-------------------------------------
Guylanda wrote:Maybe even Valkyries could be considered angels in a sense.

Valkyries are the "Choosers of the Dead", I would stack them in the Minions pile. There is also the V's are all females while Angels are all male. Game-wise *shrugs* they could substituted in for Angels.
--------------------------------------
Athanosis are [...... the closest thing is rifts is the spirit warrior in Rifts China] a mundane human infused with the elemental power of spirit of light (there is one dark based one, but that is the exception.)
Guardians-- are like sort of like Cosmo-Knights, where they get their power form an outside source, which changes them.
Nightbane(NightSpawn): are like the earth children from R England, their powers are inherent and have to change to use them. But most of the NS powers are PPE fueled.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Rayven wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Shooting a christen only makes them into a martyr.

One is only a martyr if they die for not renouncing or giving up their religious beliefs.

Exactly ..

So if you kill them ..

Make sure its not about the faith ..

Then its just a homicide ..

:P
TechnoGothic
Knight

Ohh also add :

COSMO-KNIGHT OCC/RCC to the List as Possible Angels :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Carindel
Explorer

Unread post by Carindel »

Anything in Spirit West that might approach what we're looking for?
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Carindel wrote:Anything in Spirit West that might approach what we're looking for?
Not praticularly, unless you get drunk squint pretty hard before looking.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I'd offer my method of making angels, but they always come out as stone statues covering their faces for some reason... :-?
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

The Beast wrote:I'd offer my method of making angels, but they always come out as stone statues covering their faces for some reason... :-?

You forgot about the weeping
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

level 5 edit
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Or you could just use the spirits of light from the Dragons an Gods book.

There are angels for various aspects ..

And they can be modified to suit your whim ..
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

HU2 Mega Hero with Mega Wings and a few other goodies that may fit. Good luck. Played absolutely correctly you will have one powerful character running loose.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Crucible wrote:HU2 Mega Hero with Mega Wings and a few other goodies that may fit. Good luck. Played absolutely correctly you will have one powerful character running loose.

Cannot forget armagedon unlimited's energy expulsion:divine
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Jedrious wrote:
Crucible wrote:HU2 Mega Hero with Mega Wings and a few other goodies that may fit. Good luck. Played absolutely correctly you will have one powerful character running loose.

Cannot forget armagedon unlimited's energy expulsion:divine

Didn't know about it.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I would certainly go with the spirits of light from PFRPG or the conversion book and hope that some cool bloke writes a rifts dimension book about them and their realm.

Spirits of Light - Angels of the Palladium World
Among the supernatural denizens of the Palladium World are beings known as Spirits of Light, but most ordinary people call them "angels."
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
TechnoGothic
Knight

Lord Nikon wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:I would certainly go with the spirits of light from PFRPG or the conversion book and hope that some cool bloke writes a rifts dimension book about them and their realm.

Spirits of Light - Angels of the Palladium World
Among the supernatural denizens of the Palladium World are beings known as Spirits of Light, but most ordinary people call them "angels."

A little while back I had a similar question about a book for angels and spirits of light. Kinda like what they did for the demons and such... It was mentioned at that time that there was a freelance book in the works... Anyone know if it is still being considered?

I would not know, but i sure hope so. Afterall we have so many books about Demons, devils, monsters, selfish/evil mercs, vampires released by PB in thelast 10 or so years. We need more books which focus on Good guys types. Good guys not looking to make a profit, good guys fighting the good fight because they need to to, want to, or have to, whatever. A book about Hope and the fight to drive back the evil scum of the megaverse.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

baddream01 wrote:i have finally did it. as my player wanted...... golding package with a occ of the preist. i know that seems a little over board but for what the pc wanted and the ablities he want plus a new twist for me ina agame. we came to an agreement and so far i have a few other involed in this one. besides it is a very high powerd game and veery intense the crew loves it and all the other new books that have came out since my last post i do want to thank every1. i would post it but i am afaird just to look at it would be to much to bear. just remeber that the godling and preist combined is awsome and has a awsome flare. and believe it or not easy to control

I would be interested to hear how this group is doing after a couple months. At first guess, I would say most players couldn't handle that kind of power, but it seems like your group is doing well with it. Would be interested to know what you are doing to keep them interested and excited and challenged. It is inspiring me to try something similar, but I am afraid it will attract a munchkin swarm instead of players that would be fun to have in the game. Keep us informed of how your game goes, I for one am very interested.

Return to “Rifts®”