Nightbane Survival Guide has shipped !

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Nightbane Survival Guide has shipped !

Unread post by AlexM »

Yes, it's on its way to distributors, stores and those who pre-ordered. It's a really fine addition to the Nightbane line, and if you're looking for some really weird heroes for your Heroes Unlimited (or any other superhero) game, this book has 'em.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... t_Code=735

'Nuff said,

Alex Marciniszyn
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Nightbane Survival Guide has shipped !

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Looking forward to getting my copy. :)

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shawn Merrow

Got my copy will be looking through it tonight. :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I just got my copy and -- Wow! It looks great!

Amy's twisted.

I won't get to really dive into it until tomorrow.

I have very high hopes.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Yessss! Just got my copies today! I flipped through it and it looked great. Now I just got to sit down and devour this book! Can't wait! Can't believe it's finally here! Awesomness!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Nightbane Survival Guide == Awesome!!!
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Just when I get out... they pull me back in. I'm going to get the new book and hopefully get a Bane game going again.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Specter wrote:Just when I get out... they pull me back in. I'm going to get the new book and hopefully get a Bane game going again.

That's what we like to hear! Let us know what you think. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Still waiting for my pre-order. :ugh:
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Does anyone else have a really jacked up spine? I've got color bleed all over the author names, company name, and book title. It looks like I dropped the book in wet grass.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Marrowlight wrote:Does anyone else have a really jacked up spine? I've got color bleed all over the author names, company name, and book title. It looks like I dropped the book in wet grass.

Ouch, that sucks. :-( Not sure if it's a misprint (though I imagine Julius would probably catch something that major) or shipping damage, but my copies are practically flawless. I'd say you should probably contact Palladium to try and return it for a replacement if the damage is something you mind.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Marrowlight wrote:Does anyone else have a really jacked up spine? I've got color bleed all over the author names, company name, and book title. It looks like I dropped the book in wet grass.

Was the packaging it came in damaged in any way?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Was the packaging it came in damaged in any way?

Impossible to say. It went from the printer to Palladium to the Georgia Distributor to my LGS. I imagine it was in different packaging every step of the way. However, this isn't physical damage to the book. This is like the book was literally too hot off the presses, and the color didn't set (which I'd imagine is impossible, that's just what it looks like). I'll try to snap a picture of it later and post the link here. It's very bizarre -- I've never seen anything like it in a Palladium book before.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Mine looks fine.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Shawn Merrow

Finally fully read the book. I have to say I'm really impressed. Plan to write a full review over the next few days and post it.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I haven't gotten the time to get to a store, and I can't get things delivered to my apartment because nobody is home when the order comes in. I have to drive an hour to get up to Greenville where everything remotely geeky is. Though I should be going on a dice run with my girlfriend anyway to get her some dice and me some comics. I'm really looking forward to it.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Picked up NbSG on Friday and am still going through it. It's a good read so far.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

it seems the stores around here stopped ordering Palladium's Books. no Dead Reign, no Nightbane, not even RIFTS or Robotech... :-(
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

20 days and counting. Maybe I'll have to send out a search party for my pre-order. Ok, 16 business days and no pre-order.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Anthar wrote:20 days and counting. Maybe I'll have to send out a search party for my pre-order. Ok, 16 business days and no pre-order.

Please direct all questions and complaints about your Palladium Books Online or Mail Catalog order by using the online order problems form at
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/help/ or you can call the order line: (734) 721-2903.

Please be aware that Palladium employees do not regularly read these message boards, thus they may not be able to help you resolve issues with your order in a timely manner if you raise questions/concerns in the forums.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Anthar wrote:20 days and counting. Maybe I'll have to send out a search party for my pre-order. Ok, 16 business days and no pre-order.

Please direct all questions and complaints about your Palladium Books Online or Mail Catalog order by using the online order problems form at
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/help/ or you can call the order line: (734) 721-2903.

Please be aware that Palladium employees do not regularly read these message boards, thus they may not be able to help you resolve issues with your order in a timely manner if you raise questions/concerns in the forums.

Yeah, I know. My orders have to pass through Canada Customs which means it gets put in a pile for ten extra days until they decide to slap an extra fee for inspecting the package even though they don't inspect it. They do that to all uncertified companies that ship packages into Canada.
Shawn Merrow

Shawn Merrow wrote:Finally fully read the book. I have to say I'm really impressed. Plan to write a full review over the next few days and post it.

Having family problems so the review is on hold for now.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Were there no new morphus tables? That was my only real dissapointment in the book so far, the lack of new morphus traits. I like reading those for some bizarre reason. I guess I understand reprinting some of the Rifters tables, but some original stuff would have been nice to. I haven't finished reading the rest of it, but it doesn't look bad. I love the cover.

MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

I stopped by my FLGS and they didn't have any copies. At this point I would order it but I figure I will just wait until Gen Con and buy a copy there (along with Dead Reign). Hopefully they will be in stock. I need some new Rifts books too. Either way I will stop by to say hello to the Palladium crew.

Wait... is PB going to be at Gen Con this year? I just assumed they would be but now that I think about it... I haven't heard anything.

?
Shawn Merrow

MASTERMIND wrote:I stopped by my FLGS and they didn't have any copies. At this point I would order it but I figure I will just wait until Gen Con and buy a copy there (along with Dead Reign). Hopefully they will be in stock. I need some new Rifts books too. Either way I will stop by to say hello to the Palladium crew.

Wait... is PB going to be at Gen Con this year? I just assumed they would be but now that I think about it... I haven't heard anything.

?

Bad news they are not going this year.

MASTERMIND
Adventurer

Ouch, that hurts. Oh well, I guess I won't be picking up the books at Gen Con...

:/

EDIT: I don't want to derail the thread. Could someone PM with information about why PB is not attending? I would be much appreciative.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the information in the press release. :) Thanks!
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

20 full business days and no book. :ugh: Made a support ticket and waiting for a reply. I find it funny that an order from the other side of Canada can get to my location in 6 days while it takes more than three times that time if it comes from just across the border.
MASTERMIND
Adventurer

I just ordered my copy. Just waiting for it in the mail now.

Woohoo!
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

MASTERMIND wrote:I just ordered my copy. Just waiting for it in the mail now.

Woohoo!

same here. and then its time to play that masterpiece of a game again!
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Specter wrote:Were there no new morphus tables? That was my only real dissapointment in the book so far, the lack of new morphus traits. I like reading those for some bizarre reason. I guess I understand reprinting some of the Rifters tables, but some original stuff would have been nice to. I haven't finished reading the rest of it, but it doesn't look bad. I love the cover.

There are a couple of new tables (Shark and Mineral II) and the Rifter ones have seen a fairly substantial rewrite with added traits (between Kevin and myself). So, I would think you won't be too disappointed. :)
MASTERMIND
Adventurer

Wow, mine came in the mail already. That was pretty darn fast. Going to be reading it tonight.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Warwolf wrote:
Specter wrote:Were there no new morphus tables? That was my only real dissapointment in the book so far, the lack of new morphus traits. I like reading those for some bizarre reason. I guess I understand reprinting some of the Rifters tables, but some original stuff would have been nice to. I haven't finished reading the rest of it, but it doesn't look bad. I love the cover.

There are a couple of new tables (Shark and Mineral II) and the Rifter ones have seen a fairly substantial rewrite with added traits (between Kevin and myself). So, I would think you won't be too disappointed. :)

This is a reply to both of your replies. Sorry, WW. I didn't break out my Rifters to verify... I was just flipping through and was all... Wait a minute, I've seen that table before, and that one to... crap, reprints! Then I shook my fist at the heavens! :badbad: But, thank you mucho grande! It's been a good book so far, and I am starting a new game.... strangely enough everybody wants to be Anathos from SoL...

MASTERMIND
Adventurer

MASTERMIND wrote:Wow, mine came in the mail already. That was pretty darn fast. Going to be reading it tonight.

Whoa, I have to thank PB for a crazy dream. I had a little bit of a reaction to some new food I ate late night so I popped some Benadryl and fell asleep while reading the Nightbane Survival Guide.

Then I had a trippy dream that was a cross between Alice in Wonderland and Nightbane. Going to have to work that into an adventure sometime soon.

Thanks!

:)

P.S. What little I read before the Benadryl claimed my soul was excellent. Reading the rest today.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I just got my copy.

Frankly the whole book so far has rocked as hard as Darklord's Digital artwork.

I have yet to try out the faction creation bit but I'm sure to enjoy it. Then again with the Token system at the forum I play nightbane on I'm sure to come up with some interesting ways to do things.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

yiha, got it and its fab!!!

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

MASTERMIND wrote:
MASTERMIND wrote:Wow, mine came in the mail already. That was pretty darn fast. Going to be reading it tonight.

Whoa, I have to thank PB for a crazy dream. I had a little bit of a reaction to some new food I ate late night so I popped some Benadryl and fell asleep while reading the Nightbane Survival Guide.

Then I had a trippy dream that was a cross between Alice in Wonderland and Nightbane. Going to have to work that into an adventure sometime soon.

:D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gmapprentice wrote:i am dying to get a copy, but the only store that sells palladium books in my town has very limited stock.. i need to check out of town, if i ever have an excuse to go.

Order it from palladium directly here: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... _Code=N730

I did.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gmapprentice wrote:that might work, but i still have 2 issues. ONE, i am worried about credit card issues/identity theft. TWO, the only other 2 times i bought something online, one item never came and the other item was 3 months late.

i've been ordering items from palladium reguarlly for years. I've never had any problems but one, and when I did, I just called palladium and it was fixed in days.

I understand the concerns, though.

Return to “Nightbane®”