The Great I LOVE THE COALITION STATEs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How Much do you Love the CS

Will all my heart
73%
Prosek is Great
27%

Total votes: 33

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

The Great I LOVE THE COALITION STATEs

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Step up and Support the Great Coalition States
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: The Great I LOVE THE COALITION STATEs

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Step up and Support the Great Coalition States

Um...Liberté et fraternité!!! LONG LIVE FREE QUEBEC, oppressionist pigdogs.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

since the group i'd support the most hasn't been detailed in canon yet, i respond with:

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
|: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt! : |
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

My righteous brother
my love of the Coalition has no end
as a young lad I stood on the shores of our land
besieged on all sides by demons
when a flock of SAMAS
came to deliver the Emperior's deliverance
from that day I was saved
now with las gun I serve
with SAMAS I ride
through Emperor Prosek grace I serve
until humanity is once again free
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Coalition is populated by incompetent sheep who don't have the brain power to empty a boot full of **** if the pictogram instructions where written on the heel. The only reason the CS exists is publisher's fiat.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Alejandro wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Yeah...about Canada... :P

I wouldn't trust anything written by manatees. Manatees are dumb.

Seriously though, the Coalition is a second rate Imperium. Maybe third.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

a) Can't; got my heart replaced with a cybernetic replacement
b) Hang Prosek...
The only reason I like the Coalition is the nifty black uniforms....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

glitterboy2098 wrote:since the group i'd support the most hasn't been detailed in canon yet, i respond with:

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
|: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt! : |

Germany, Germany over everything, over everything in the world, If it always to protection and Trutze Like brothers holds together. Of the Maas to the Memel, Of the Etsch to at the Belt, |: Germany, Germany over everything, over everything in the world! : |
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Talavar wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

people compare it to he Imperium of Man but it is something different. There isn't a sense of urgence for most poeple their. For the CS citizen everyday could be its last. The High lords of Terra aren't in any immediate danger but every citizen up to the Emperor himself knows there lives are in immenient danger every waking moment. From Lazlo to Spyncrth
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

The thing is the Coalition states set itself up to get knocked around a beat up. That is why I'm going with Free Quebec. Yes they are Human Supremacists, but at least they aren't going out on D-bee extermination runs outside their borders. Politically Free Quebec is in a very good position since they have not directly made enemies with anyone, just they make it clear they don't like magic or D-bees and do not want them in their lands. This means that it is much more likely that Lazlo would indirectly aid Free Quebec against a CS attack, as well as non-humans.

Of course, outside of game I don't like the Coalition states due to the whole plot hole with their military. :bandit:

I find it funny that outside of game I'm an american and in game I'm more like a Free Quebecian.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
csbioborg
Champion

Colt47 wrote:The thing is the Coalition states set itself up to get knocked around a beat up. That is why I'm going with Free Quebec. Yes they are Human Supremacists, but at least they aren't going out on D-bee extermination runs outside their borders. Politically Free Quebec is in a very good position since they have not directly made enemies with anyone, just they make it clear they don't like magic or D-bees and do not want them in their lands. This means that it is much more likely that Lazlo would indirectly aid Free Quebec against a CS attack, as well as non-humans.

Of course, outside of game I don't like the Coalition states due to the whole plot hole with their military. :bandit:

I find it funny that outside of game I'm an american and in game I'm more like a Free Quebecian.

this plot hole would be greatly reduced if we'd get respective Lazlo and Chi town books

settling quesstions like why dosen't a nuke or something else get thrown in to CHI town
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

It's not so much that as they have like possibly thousands of people within their own city limit that do not agree with general CS policies, yet they can still keep the nation holding together enough to make a functioning military as strong as portrayed? It just doesn't seem plausible at all.

But yes, I agree, it seems kind of odd that they don't have someone just shoving nukes down their tail pipes with the current lore. Kevin seems to emphasize the rarity of nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean that someone else didn't happen to come across them and put them up for sale, or even save them for use.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Talavar wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I dunno, the CS certainly looks nicer than the Imperium, since when Kevin Long did the art he wasn't held back by the need to draw things that can be easily made as metal miniatures (40K's been around for how many years now without them finding a way to make space marine armour look good in the books? :) ).

So full marks for visuals. No marks for originality though.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Colt47 wrote:Kevin seems to emphasize the rarity of nuclear weapons

I've always wondered how that even works in the first place. Almost every power armor unit, giant robot, and combat vehicle on Rifts Earth has a nuclear fission power supply. Most ships, large trucks, a lot of smaller vehicles, and even plenty of portable, crew-operated rail guns run on some sort of fission power pack. If every man and his dog has the technical knowhow to make nuclear power compact and safe enough to use in vehicles, what's stopping them from establishing stockpiles of nukes? Any nation or city capable of manufacturing modern (by Rifts standards) equipment should be able to build a nuclear warhead with both hands tied behind its back.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Jmacq1 wrote:Nuclear weapons and nuclear power sources aren't precisely the same thing. While knowledge of the one certainly can lead to the other, it doesn't automatically do so. Besides...maybe the designs and technical know-how for the reactors/power packs/whatever survived, but the usually closely-held plans for manufacturing nuclear weapons didn't in very many places? Plus, nuclear weapons tend to require specific types of radioactive isotopes, while the fission/fusion power sources could be running on "non-weapons grade" materials.

I put it to you that any civilization capable of building (and understanding the principles behind) a nuclear power supply small enough to put into an automobile or a suit of power armor is more than capable of building a nuclear weapon. And any civilization capable of building (and understanding the principles behind) plasma ejectors and particle beam rifles capable of punching holes through 20th century battleships probably knows enough about the fundamentals of particle physics that it's a wonder they're not building antimatter bombs.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Alejandro wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:The Coalition is populated by incompetent sheep who don't have the brain power to empty a boot full of **** if the pictogram instructions where written on the heel. The only reason the CS exists is publisher's fiat.

Replace Coalition with "every single government in Rifts" and yes, this becomes a true statement. Every country in Rifts, from the CS, NGR, New Navy, whatever's in South America, Australia...all of em'...run by idiots.

Replace Coalition with "every single government in the real world" and yes, it'd be true too.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

The Great Mephisto! wrote:
Rallan wrote:
Colt47 wrote:Kevin seems to emphasize the rarity of nuclear weapons

I've always wondered how that even works in the first place. Almost every power armor unit, giant robot, and combat vehicle on Rifts Earth has a nuclear fission power supply. Most ships, large trucks, a lot of smaller vehicles, and even plenty of portable, crew-operated rail guns run on some sort of fission power pack. If every man and his dog has the technical knowhow to make nuclear power compact and safe enough to use in vehicles, what's stopping them from establishing stockpiles of nukes? Any nation or city capable of manufacturing modern (by Rifts standards) equipment should be able to build a nuclear warhead with both hands tied behind its back.

This is an interesting point, when you consider that nuclear reactors have all the equipment required for enriching nuclear material up to (and including) weapons grade material. After that, it's really a simple matter to build a nuke. All you need is a casing, enough plastic explosive to completely encase the radioactive agent, and a deivery method.

It's an easy answer. Because nukes are not fun, and this is a game.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

CS: Humanity first. Humanity last. Humanity forever.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Jmacq1 wrote:But I put it to you that it's a techno-fantasy game setting that runs more on "Rule of Cool" than anything else. It's cool to have giant robots fight dragons. Not so cool to just have everyone waiting around for the nukes to fall.

No disagreements there, because the Rule of Cool is literally the only thing that makes Rifts work at all. Siembieda's done a fine job of providing us with GIANT ROBOTS PUNCHING DRAGONS IN THE FACE (throw in NINJA CYBORGS HAVING KUNG FU BATTLES WITH VAMPIRES and you've got a real winner on your hands), but virtually every attempt to explain how and why thinks actually work in Rifts has been either formulaic or extremely badly thought out.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

dark brandon wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:The Coalition is populated by incompetent sheep who don't have the brain power to empty a boot full of **** if the pictogram instructions where written on the heel. The only reason the CS exists is publisher's fiat.

Replace Coalition with "every single government in Rifts" and yes, this becomes a true statement. Every country in Rifts, from the CS, NGR, New Navy, whatever's in South America, Australia...all of em'...run by idiots.

Replace Coalition with "every single government in the real world" and yes, it'd be true too.

Except that real world governments exist because they're more or less competent enough to function in their environment, not because they're works of fiction and the author just says they work without adequately explaining why :D
dark brandon
Knight

Rallan wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
Alejandro wrote:

Except that real world governments exist because they're more or less competent enough to function in their environment, not because they're works of fiction and the author just says they work without adequately explaining why :D

God....my dear friend...God...and we are his works of fiction, and there are many things about our government that lack adequate explaining.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Come join the Coalition States, or do you want to serve a dragon ?
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"If you're going to be oppressed, why not let it be by your own kind?" :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
csbioborg
Champion

taalismn wrote:"If you're going to be oppressed, why not let it be by your own kind?" :D

exactly you might have a chance at social mobility that way
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

My position on this is simple. Kevin didn't write this stuff to have NPCs do all the dirty work. If you want your PC's to destroy the Coalition States, let them take their shot. NPC's in these books are meant to be challenged, opposed, and defeated or allied with.

Yes, there are major holes in the defenses of the Coalition States. There are major holes in the defenses of everything. But one thing Kevin will not do when he writes a supplement, and one thing most freelancers will not do when they write a supplement (I've published a few things for Hero, and their guidelines are stricter than Palladium) is this:

WRITE A SUPPLEMENT WHERE THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE PC'S! IF YOU DO THIS, NO ONE WILL BUY WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN!

Kevin says the PC's are heroes. If the PC's are heroes, then there has to be a reason for them to exist. If no one has nuked Chi-Town, it's because A) The WORLD is afraid of Nukes, that's right, after an atomic holocaust, the world SHOULD be...and B) A PLAYER CHARACTER SHOULD BE THE ONE TO TAKE THAT ACTION, EVEN IF IT'S A GMPC OR AN ANTI-HEROIC DYING ACT. (Murdering ten million civilians is really not very heroic)

What Erin Tarn understands (And what many people who play Rifts do not) is that you can't beat the Coalition States solely by beating people up. You have to beat the Coalition States by winning the hearts and minds of their people. A far more difficult task, but one that is ultimately more rewarding. Slaughtering families who can't defend themselves by nuking a city state is the act of a madman. Yes, Alexander Duncson might do something like this, but if he does, your PC's, Coalition or not, should be offered a chance to stop it. The guy who stamps out an evil empire by killing all of it's citizens is not more heroic than someone who does the right thing by saving the civilians of that evil empire even though their evil leaders are still there.

Thank you.

And have a nice day.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Balabanto wrote:My position on this is simple. Kevin didn't write this stuff to have NPCs do all the dirty work. If you want your PC's to destroy the Coalition States, let them take their shot. NPC's in these books are meant to be challenged, opposed, and defeated or allied with.

Yes, there are major holes in the defenses of the Coalition States. There are major holes in the defenses of everything. But one thing Kevin will not do when he writes a supplement, and one thing most freelancers will not do when they write a supplement (I've published a few things for Hero, and their guidelines are stricter than Palladium) is this:

WRITE A SUPPLEMENT WHERE THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE PC'S! IF YOU DO THIS, NO ONE WILL BUY WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN!

Kevin says the PC's are heroes. If the PC's are heroes, then there has to be a reason for them to exist. If no one has nuked Chi-Town, it's because A) The WORLD is afraid of Nukes, that's right, after an atomic holocaust, the world SHOULD be...and B) A PLAYER CHARACTER SHOULD BE THE ONE TO TAKE THAT ACTION, EVEN IF IT'S A GMPC OR AN ANTI-HEROIC DYING ACT. (Murdering ten million civilians is really not very heroic)

What Erin Tarn understands (And what many people who play Rifts do not) is that you can't beat the Coalition States solely by beating people up. You have to beat the Coalition States by winning the hearts and minds of their people. A far more difficult task, but one that is ultimately more rewarding. Slaughtering families who can't defend themselves by nuking a city state is the act of a madman. Yes, Alexander Duncson might do something like this, but if he does, your PC's, Coalition or not, should be offered a chance to stop it. The guy who stamps out an evil empire by killing all of it's citizens is not more heroic than someone who does the right thing by saving the civilians of that evil empire even though their evil leaders are still there.

Thank you.

And have a nice day.

Well said.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
dark brandon
Knight

Greyaxe wrote:
Balabanto wrote:My position on this is simple. Kevin didn't write this stuff to have NPCs do all the dirty work. If you want your PC's to destroy the Coalition States, let them take their shot. NPC's in these books are meant to be challenged, opposed, and defeated or allied with.

Thank you.

And have a nice day.

Well said.

I agree.

Wait...almost

:cry: SoT
csbioborg
Champion

All hail the Vangaurd
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

look a pro coalition thread hooray

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:
csbioborg wrote:My righteous brother
when a flock of SAMAS
now with las gun I serve
with SAMAS I ride

Humanity will never be free under the CS. :)

Humanity will never be free under the supernatural too

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:
csbioborg wrote:My righteous brother
when a flock of SAMAS
now with las gun I serve
with SAMAS I ride

Humanity will never be free under the CS. :)

Humanity will never be free under the supernatural too

what if i kill the supernatural and use it as my roof though? it'd be a lot harder to do that with the CS ;) :P
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

- Knock Knock!

Who's there ?

Spoiler:
A Tolkeen Vengence Squad
We're going to kill you!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Thank you.

And have a nice day.

but what if your characters are Coalition soldiers

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I voted Prosek is great... because he is great, beer battered and fried with a light vinegrette.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Hotrod
Knight

It's not that I love the Coalition...

Unread post by Hotrod »

I just hate everything else in North America more...

Especially Erin Tarn.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The CS is a joke to me.

For multiple reasons ..

1) - unlimited resources on par with Transdimensional powers ..

2) - Unlimited script immunity ..

3) - Outcast downtrodden population that is ok with knowingly being kept in the dark because they are "being saved" from a world in which their military and their government causes 90% of thier own problems ..

4) - Outcast downtrodden magic users .. who are soo dedicated that even on pain of death to themselves help out a nation that shuns them to the point of killing them .. Yet .. ignorantly .. here they are .. "just because" ..

5) - All other nations in north america refuse to help each other when they KNOW .. the CS is going to come after them ..when they are finished with whom ever they are going after right now .. (incredibly stupid haha)

I could go on an on .. about how much much more .. does not make sense .. on any lvl of reality let alone for a game in which we already have to suspend our disbelief of things to play ..

that is all ..
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:The CS is a joke to me.

For multiple reasons ..

3) - Outcast downtrodden population that is ok with knowingly being kept in the dark because they are "being saved" from a world in which their military and their government causes 90% of thier own problems ..

4) - Outcast downtrodden magic users .. who are soo dedicated that even on pain of death to themselves help out a nation that shuns them to the point of killing them .. Yet .. ignorantly .. here they are .. "just because" ..

5) - All other nations in north america refuse to help each other when they KNOW .. the CS is going to come after them ..when they are finished with whom ever they are going after right now .. (incredibly stupid haha)

I could go on an on .. about how much much more .. does not make sense .. on any lvl of reality let alone for a game in which we already have to suspend our disbelief of things to play ..

that is all ..

No Prosek Kitten Kisses for you :P

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

For multiple reasons ..

that is all ..

I forgot to mention ..

A Population (the burbs) in which well over 75% of thier military (if not over 90%) comes from .. yet NO ONE EVER MAKES NEW CITIZENS ..

And they have not yet caught on to that whole .. loop hole the CS is playing them in .. hundreds of thousands of people .. an not 1 single person has caught on to that yet ?

That makes me curious if the "burb" populations even get a perc roll of any kind ..

:lol:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

For multiple reasons ..

that is all ..

I forgot to mention ..

A Population (the burbs) in which well over 75% of thier military (if not over 90%) comes from .. yet NO ONE EVER MAKES NEW CITIZENS ..

And they have not yet caught on to that whole .. loop hole the CS is playing them in .. hundreds of thousands of people .. an not 1 single person has caught on to that yet ?

That makes me curious if the "burb" populations even get a perc roll of any kind ..

one thing about the burbs the older ones are very modern and odds are better then living in the fortress cities

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

For multiple reasons ..

that is all ..

I forgot to mention ..

one thing about the burbs the older ones are very modern and odds are better then living in the fortress cities

Well according to the books .. no burb is as nice as living in the fortress cities ..

EDIT: That also is no explanation as to how the Burbs population .. after decades upon decades .. have not figured out that the CS is playing them all .. to build their military .. yet keep them locked out ..
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

For multiple reasons ..

that is all ..

I forgot to mention ..

Well according to the books .. no burb is as nice as living in the fortress cities ..

EDIT: That also is no explanation as to how the Burbs population .. after decades upon decades .. have not figured out that the CS is playing them all .. to build their military .. yet keep them locked out ..

depends on which city fortress they live near

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Old One Eye wrote:I'll gladly live on rabid-dog burgers and pick the lice from my hair in the Burbs for the hope of someday being allowed to strap on some beat-up Deadboy armor blow some d-bees to hell!

To include yourself?
Remember, you'd be a d-bee too, just for being from a different time/ dimension, humanity notwithstanding.

I voted neither option btw; gag.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

The Coalition States are the secret servents of the Night-Lords from the Rift-Nightlands.
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Alejandro wrote:

If the goverment was not run by idiots...what would the point of the PC be than?

Lets face a some what intelligently run goverment sorta just fixes the things the PCs have to do.

By the way...

DOWN WITH THE CS...MAY THE BURN IN ALOT HOTTER HELL THAN THEY HAVE CREATED.

THE HUMAN WITH THEIR SCIENCE HAS NEARLY DESTROYED THE WORLD. THEY HAVE GIVEN UP THE RIGHT TO IT. NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE NON-HUMAN AND THE MAGIC TO REIGN.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

None of the above!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
GeraldClamar
D-Bee

Unread post by GeraldClamar »

I feel that the Coalition States ARE (unfortunately) the best in the continent (with the POSSIBLE exception of Free Quebec). They are not all evil, though, they are soldiers who have been given a lot of propaganda and unfortunately they believe it. As far as Tolkeen, I was disappointed that they allowed themselves to become the evil nation of monsters the CS painted them out to be. I have played a CS Commando in a CS campaign once. The soldier was Scrupulous Good, he had a family to support, and when he visits them he genuinely enjoys the family barbecues, the get-togethers, etc. Not all things can be black and white, not even the Coalition States. As for the lack of nukes, that is easily explained: While they may have the capability to make them, there are NO satellites to guide them ( remember, ARCHIE 7 or whatever is destroying any prototype satellites). Even if they have missiles hidden somewhere, they can only use them on the same continent that they live on and that means their own destruction as well. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

I just love the coalition states.

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

My loyalty is my honor. Anyone who isn't reporting to the nearest CS territory (and recruiting station) after arriving on Rifts Earth is a traitor to humanity and a coward to boot. Earth is for humanity not D-Bee scum.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Wooly wrote:My loyalty is my honor. Anyone who isn't reporting to the nearest CS territory (and recruiting station) after arriving on Rifts Earth is a traitor to humanity and a coward to boot. Earth is for humanity not D-Bee scum.

That's the spirit

Return to “Rifts®”