What is a Techno-shifter?

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What is a Techno-shifter?

Unread post by gaby »

I want to known what a Techno-shifter and What das it doo?

What is your Opinion of it?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What is a Techno-shifter?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

builds magical devices that cross dimensions.

I've just skimmed the article.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

What issue?
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

A Techno-Shifter is sort of a cross between a Shifter and a TW, and can be found in Rifter #13.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

This is one of my favorite articles. The techno-shifter (one of two classes of dark techno-wizards in the article) is something I use all the time in my NPCs and was a major influence on the character of Lady Teapot. Basically, Techno-Shifters use Flintstone technology. They summon and bind energy beings into machinery so to exploit the powers of those creatures. Examples include engines powered by elementals and fake rune weapons powered by syphon entities. The TS gains access (eventually) to the powers of several types of energy creatures, but the tradeoff is that the Techno-Shifter oneself can not cast spells. All of the spells that TS learns are incorporated into techno-wizardry lab equipment. The equipment doesn't actually cross dimensions, but some of it does call creatures from other dimensions into the lab.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”