Earth military

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: Earth military

Unread post by Grell »

Well, consider this: the gear that NEMA forces are issued is stated to be cutting edge and at the top of the field. There's an implication that they are even getting this superior equipment before the traditional armed forces. I'd say that the U.S. military gear would be equal in damage and capabilities to what NEMA has available (possibly even the same equipment). Though, the way I run things, they are superior in some aspects while a little inferior in others. For example:

-The Army would probably have heavier armor (possibly even light exoskeletons) as standard issue. I'd use NEMA armor as the template and add more MDC till I was satisfied.
-The Air Force would definitely make use of SAMAS for special forces operations, but would probably be much more involved with laser weaponry. To reflect this specialization, again using NEMA gear as template, I'd give them superior range, damage or burst potential.

In summary, I treat the listed NEMA weapons are gear as a showcase of the best case of average. NEMA had to wear multiple hats, hence the great variety of equipment and types of weaponry. For U.S. military forces, I'd just take the appropriate templeate (seen as the nations average) and modify it accordingly. For other nations militaries, I'd like to think that the USA is still leading the pack (albeit by a smaller margin I'm sure) so maybe knock down capabilities by 5% or so? Ultimately it depends on what you want for your game!

Hope this helps.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

rifts spirit west has the stats for a usa prerifts samas
and new west has the stats for two veriants of the
usa samas that were used by the us airforce

dont know if there are any specific arma only units
will have to look around
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

The stats for non-chromium silver eagles is listed in the Chaos Earth main book as well as spirit west. Honestly I'd like to know what a chromed up Wild Weasel and Sidewinder would have for MDC. :twisted:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm betting you could add maybe as much as 15 to 25% more armor on each of those. But that is only my opinion.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=100783 I just started this thread before seeing this one, but I thought it was appropriate. Somewhere there are posts at least a couple of years old in a similar vein. It might be worth sifting through the searches.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

also colation navy source book has info on prerifts navy stuff
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
RockJock
Knight

The problem with the CS Navy book is most of the equipment that is Pre-Rifts is meant to be ancient rebuilt ships/equipment from the GAW that were mothballed, or museum pieces , not active navy equipment when the leylines erupted. If you need mothballed ships great, but if you want representatives of ships in use at the time use the New Navy as is, and supplemented with things like the SA patrol boats, or even NGR ships. Heck, even Robotech wet navies can be a good source. I thing it is Mindwerk that hjas an extra cargo ship or two.
Aramanthus
Monk

My only complaint about those pre Rift's ships is the art work on them. I mean those ships looked like the darn "Paris gun" from WW1. Naval guns were never like that except maybe in a steam punk world.

Paris gun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun

Near modern naval guns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_artillery
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Naval+Guns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6GPxSZvAE5PflQf47bnKDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=5&ct=title
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
RockJock
Knight

My point is that GAW stuff in general is absolutely ancient. I mean how old is the Ohio Class going to be at the coming of the Rifts? They wouldn't have been active ships for NEMA era.

Aramanthus, you don't like the giant deck guns, why not:p
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

My website has a list of pre-Rifts weapons/equipment found in various Rifts books; I feel like we pretty much got it all. You can go to my Downloads section, or look for the sticky at the top of this forum.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
RockJock
Knight

Wow Jason, great list.

I do worry about you sometimes. Your image is really hurting after I saw the "Comic Book Guy" clone wearing an "I am Jason Richards" shirt in pink and size small yesterday.
Aramanthus
Monk

Actually I love naval artillry! I just want them to look like guns! :D :fl:

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

hwqe wrote:Page 129 of Revised source book one reads that the Chromium Troop armor "Little brother" was a US military breakthrough. So maybe this could be used as the standard infantry armor the US army during Chaos Earth. Then maybe augment it from the weapons in Rifts Undersea.

I also picture the widespread use of Juicer and Bionics in the pre-rifts military.

The *.pdf from Jason Richards was pretty cool to look at for other references.

It says the the Glitterboy armor is a breakthrough of the U.S. Military, it states that the Little Brother is a breakthrough of the Republicans (it is not a Pre-Rifts design).

~ Josh
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

hwqe wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
hwqe wrote:Page 129 of Revised source book one reads that the Chromium Troop armor "Little brother" was a US military breakthrough. So maybe this could be used as the standard infantry armor the US army during Chaos Earth. Then maybe augment it from the weapons in Rifts Undersea.

I also picture the widespread use of Juicer and Bionics in the pre-rifts military.

It says the the Glitterboy armor is a breakthrough of the U.S. Military, it states that the Little Brother is a breakthrough of the Republicans (it is not a Pre-Rifts design).

~ Josh

The wording in the paragraph states that the Republicans stole the design from the US military. See comments in parenthesis at bottom of page 129. I believe that we would not know if it was actually deployed or just in the design phase.

Aye it's a pre-rifts design, but it doesn't say they "stole" it. Unless of course you mean sneaking into Archie's factory and building them. Likely the NEMA command knew about the design pre-rifts though and may have been testing it.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

hwqe wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

The wording in the paragraph states that the Republicans stole the design from the US military. See comments in parenthesis at bottom of page 129. I believe that we would not know if it was actually deployed or just in the design phase.

Read it again.

The comments in parenthesis are referring to the laser resistant Chromium armor coating, and not the Little Brother itself - you will note that Free Quebec doesn't have Little Brothers. The beginning of the description clearly states that the power armor is a Republican breakthrough.

Furthermore, elsewhere in the book (page 124), it notes that the Republicans equipment is/was the next generation of US Military equipment in 2098, and thus still on the drawing board. So, the new Chromium Guardsman, the Golden Eagle, et cetera were either not even in the prototype stage or having only a few prototypes in existence when the Cataclysm hit. Field use, let alone major field use, would have been severely unlikely.

It even states that the Republicans extrapolated on the designs that were on preliminary computer models and designs to make their equipment, so there is no way of knowing how different their equipment is from what was originally on the drawing board.

~ Josh
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

As I understood it the "Little brother" PA is a new design by the republicans, as for US military, think re-fiited WW2 class battleships with single shot multi- mach velocity rail cannons, main battletanks w/ similar, combat exo frames (but no flight capabilities, except for USAF). I also find the Republicans new gear to be somewhat inferior to NEMA gear and definatlely no match for the new CS war campaign gear. 8-)
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”