Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Re: On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jay05 wrote:
Monkra wrote:Woo-hoo Salvage!!!!
Did a lil off camera RP with DhAkael today that may end up making cataloging our salvage much much easier. I'll let him explain further.

Long story short... James opened the alien-tech equivalent of a "bag of holding" and got burried in books :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:
Jay05 wrote:
Monkra wrote:Woo-hoo Salvage!!!!
Did a lil off camera RP with DhAkael today that may end up making cataloging our salvage much much easier. I'll let him explain further.

Long story short... James opened the alien-tech equivalent of a "bag of holding" and got burried in books :D

LOL, I'm seriously hoping that as James digs through this information he'll find information regarding our new giant bot, and the salvage we had from a few sessions ago. And perhaps some otherwise lost tech we can take back to our allied communities that will greatly benefit them.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Off-camera events between last session and this coming Sunday's
September 12-13, PA 109
The next 24 hours are a whirl of activity. With getting Phoenix Force Alpha and their companions settled into new quarters, docking the Sleipnir to the underside of Fenris-Darkstar and making sure that no NEMA vessels are near enough to give any decent pursuit everyone is busy for many hours. Fenris-Darkstar makes for an area in the Necrosis system labeled the Jörmungandr Expanse to lose its-self in the stellar phenomena giving Rika & the rest time to plan their next move. During this time;

* Rika proposed doing a burial-at-sea (or in this case, the void) for the Morphii pilot’s remains. The NuMan suggested that she would “swallow her pride” and do what her mother would want her to do; give the alien pilot an Algolian burial ritual from the Church of the living fires. James Cormac recommended holding off until he could possibly find something in the artifacts taken from Halcyn (the name of the planet they had just been on), and thus he entered the workshop on the Sleipnir and…

* James Cormac analyzed one of the artifacts that had been puzzling everyone; an opal coloured metal ovoid nearly two feet long with a sapphire like gem at the top. Not even Leena Shidow was able to completely work out what the device was despite her telemechanical abilities: all she could say was that it was a storage device. Shrugging and trusting to fate (Or, as the captain did, The Forge) the rogue scholar pushed on the blue gem. It depressed slightly and then the entire work room was suddenly filled with 2 inch diameter dodecahedrons of black data-crystal medium. When the others rushed to see why James hadn’t joined them for lunch, they found only his right hand waving above the crystal, like a man in deep water asking for rescue.

* Between assisting James in his research and helping with repairs on the various smaller vehicles and armours, Leena Shidow keeps being drawn to the giant alien mecha. It is almost like it is calling to her but every-time she tries linking her mind to it, mental static fills her brain. In frustration she turns to the mecha of both Jack & Tao-Shi, she reels back as she discovers what powers the machines.
Keirsynthe: the fighters are powered by some form of keirsynthe.

* Not waiting any longer; halfway to the Jörmungandr Expanse, Rika has the Fenris-Darkstar re-enter side-real space and has everyone gather to honour the Morphii. The ritual takes place in the Ventral large-vehicle bay. Rika enters the hold wearing robes similar to Japanese kimono & Mandarin dress, with a crown of filigreed silver upon her head, carrying an open flame in a crystal hemisphere on her left upraised palm. In a thready voice, she begins to sing a short dirge, and then saying a quick prayer in her mother-tongue, she places the crystal & flame upon the casket holding the Morphii remains. Motioning the rest back behind a blast barrier, Rika joins them, seals the area and then opens the outer air-lock. The casket lifts off from the vehicle bay floor and using salvaged CG-coils, swiftly flies out into the void…towards a nearby proto-star.
Last edited by DhAkael on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Yowzah....hell of a ride there. 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Yowzah....hell of a ride there. 8)

More to come... that was just the end of THAT story arc.
Still a few loose ends to finish with and possible joining up of even MORE moo -ahem- I mean brave young hero's ;) :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like the new entries. Where are you going from here?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Aramanthus wrote:I like the new entries. Where are you going from here?

Ask the players... it's THEIR show from here on in.
For a while anyways. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That is who I was asking. LOL I am looking forward to seeing the next chapter.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:

"For the umpteenth time we are NOT having an adventure to 'Planet Victoria, Home of the Secret'!"
"Ah, pits. It's going to be another 'Random Rift Takes Us Someplaced Bad' weekend, isn't it?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

LOL, well I have a couple suggestions. Two of our mechs need recharges, and my character Cormac needs to make a report to Lazlo and perhaps assistance in sifting through the MASSIVE amount of information contained in those baseball sized d12 shaped crystal matrices. So we need to make a stop home on Earth. Perhaps Tao-shi can visit her compatriots in Landing and get a better grasp on her situation, and Rika, Markus, and Yanns can report to their respective superiors. But I suggest we do all this after a stop off at phaseworld for a resupply and use of the dimensional gates.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

"For the umpteenth time we are NOT having an adventure to 'Planet Victoria, Home of the Secret'!"
"Ah, pits. It's going to be another 'Random Rift Takes Us Someplaced Bad' weekend, isn't it?"

Capt. Rika Hanlah-Falkon; *giving sidelong glance to her husband* "...then again, my wardrobe is a bit stale. Been thinking of picking up a couple of the black lace & silk one peices... oh fires, not again." :erm:
*Watches as most of male crew (and one fem) pass out from nosebleeds caused by naughty mental images; said husband included*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[Capt. Rika Hanlah-Falkon; *giving sidelong glance to her husband* "...then again, my wardrobe is a bit stale. Been thinking of picking up a couple of the black lace & silk one peices... oh fires, not again." :erm:
*Watches as most of male crew (and one fem) pass out from nosebleeds caused by naughty mental images; said husband included*

(Considers the tactical applications of flshnets and decides it's all GOOD 8-) )
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Capt. Rika Hanlah-Falkon; *giving sidelong glance to her husband* "...then again, my wardrobe is a bit stale. Been thinking of picking up a couple of the black lace & silk one peices... oh fires, not again." :erm:

LOL would be fun to RP! Honestly though that whole overly excited nosebleed thing is one of the dumbest anime tropes IMO. I always roll my eyes when I see it.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jay05 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

LOL would be fun to RP! Honestly though that whole overly excited nosebleed thing is one of the dumbest anime tropes IMO. I always roll my eyes when I see it.

The japanese are... odd; hypersexualized, yet they treat sexual inuendo tropes like 5 year olds, have HARDcore sexual material (animated and live) yet censor it up the yin-yang. Yeah... silly peoples. :nh: :lol:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[The japanese are... odd; hypersexualized, yet they treat sexual inuendo tropes like 5 year olds, have HARDcore sexual material (animated and live) yet censor it up the yin-yang. Yeah... silly peoples. :nh: :lol:

"Bad news; our latest foe appears to be totally pixelated...that means one of two things, neither of them good."
"He's either totally nude.."
"...or he's a hentai tentacle monster. Like I said, neither is good."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:[The japanese are... odd; hypersexualized, yet they treat sexual inuendo tropes like 5 year olds, have HARDcore sexual material (animated and live) yet censor it up the yin-yang. Yeah... silly peoples. :nh: :lol:
Yep I knew all of the above and yeah some of the ways they do things are just... Wow

"Bad news; our latest foe appears to be totally pixelated...that means one of two things, neither of them good."
"He's either totally nude.."
"...or he's a hentai tentacle monster. Like I said, neither is good."
Yes either of those would be... Undesirable! lol
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

DhAkael wrote:
Jay05 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:LOL would be fun to RP! Honestly though that whole overly excited nosebleed thing is one of the dumbest anime tropes IMO. I always roll my eyes when I see it.

The japanese are... odd; hypersexualized, yet they treat sexual inuendo tropes like 5 year olds, have HARDcore sexual material (animated and live) yet censor it up the yin-yang. Yeah... silly peoples. :nh: :lol:

The censorship is a result of their surrender terms at the end of WWII (yes we actually imposed censorship requirements on Japan as part of our demands) and they've yet to get them completely cleared off the books.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nightmask wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
Jay05 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:LOL would be fun to RP! Honestly though that whole overly excited nosebleed thing is one of the dumbest anime tropes IMO. I always roll my eyes when I see it.

The censorship is a result of their surrender terms at the end of WWII (yes we actually imposed censorship requirements on Japan as part of our demands) and they've yet to get them completely cleared off the books.

Well aware of that ;) just listing it, is all :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

DhAkael wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
Jay05 wrote:

Well aware of that ;) just listing it, is all :angel:

Well wouldn't want people thinking the Japanese were the source of that censorship, it was old-fashioned American puritanism that generated that. Which just goes to show how bad it was that after a bloody and terrible war we actually went so far as to include stuff like that in the surrender terms.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Lost Seraph wrote:"James Cormac analyzed one of the artifacts that had been puzzling everyone; an opal coloured metal ovoid nearly two feet long with a sapphire like gem at the top. Not even Leena Shidow was able to completely work out what the device was despite her telemechanical abilities: all she could say was that it was a storage device. Shrugging and trusting to fate (Or, as the captain did, The Forge) the rogue scholar pushed on the blue gem. It depressed slightly and then the entire work room was suddenly filled with 2 inch diameter dodecahedrons of black data-crystal medium. When the others rushed to see why James hadn’t joined them for lunch, they found only his right hand waving above the crystal, like a man in deep water asking for rescue."

Before you can report to Lazlo, James, aren't we going to have to pull you out of the sea of d20s?

Oh...that is hilarious... :D
Reminds me of two scenes...
Star Trek TOS:"The Trouble With Tribbles"---the cargo bay scene.
Ranma 1/2 Fanfic: "The Accidental Goddess"...Goddess Ranma-chan gives Mouse a little Bag of Holding stuffed with all the training potties he's lost in combat(he throws them). He cuts it open, only to be buried alive under the GIANT pile of them(after a moment of eye-boggling over-looming hang-time worthy of Scrat in 'Ice Age').
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:"James Cormac analyzed one of the artifacts that had been puzzling everyone; an opal coloured metal ovoid nearly two feet long with a sapphire like gem at the top. Not even Leena Shidow was able to completely work out what the device was despite her telemechanical abilities: all she could say was that it was a storage device. Shrugging and trusting to fate (Or, as the captain did, The Forge) the rogue scholar pushed on the blue gem. It depressed slightly and then the entire work room was suddenly filled with 2 inch diameter dodecahedrons of black data-crystal medium. When the others rushed to see why James hadn’t joined them for lunch, they found only his right hand waving above the crystal, like a man in deep water asking for rescue."

Before you can report to Lazlo, James, aren't we going to have to pull you out of the sea of d20s?
Yes, indeed you will, and hopefully quickly!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

no session this week.
Domestic B/S IRL (on my end) and a few technical screwups with net-verse (all over).
Gawd sayeth unto us; "NO GAME FOR YOU!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Last week SUCKED and BLEW, but this Sunday is shaping up to be teh awsum.
at least in theory. :wink:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Last week SUCKED and BLEW, but this Sunday is shaping up to be teh awsum.
at least in theory. :wink:
Assuming everyone is there then yes awsumness will be had.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Jack and Yanni will be on deck and ready to go shopping
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"SHOPPING SPREE!!!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:"SHOPPING SPREE!!!"
Yes! James needs new armor! And I want a new energy rifle for him... Maybe a particle beam or plasma rifle. :-D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay..not QUITE a shopping spree, but definately a "getting to know you BETTER" session.
and time skippied nearly a month game-time due to FTL across the Corkscrew.
...was PHUN though.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Okay..not QUITE a shopping spree, but definately a "getting to know you BETTER" session.
and time skippied nearly a month game-time due to FTL across the Corkscrew.
...was PHUN though.

Yeah, had hella fun! And we're set up for the shopping spree next session!
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Really loved getting to have conversations with myself... Not joking about that it was awesome. Also great all around getting to know each other session with the rest of the crew, damn shame frosty wasn't there for it though.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Funny thing is; Fionna and / or Leena will be showing up (IF the Froster-wulf gets her hieny healthy enough to join us THIS Sunday :nh: ) right in the middle of some SERIOUS negotiations... and most likely some dangerous shennanigans. :demon: :D :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Funny thing is; Fionna and / or Leena will be showing up (IF the Froster-wulf gets her hieny healthy enough to join us THIS Sunday :nh: ) right in the middle of some SERIOUS negotiations... and most likely some dangerous shennanigans. :demon: :D :ok:
Here's hoping! :ok:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*bump*

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:As an aside, Jay, I would suggest the unmodified Naruni NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle. 1600 feet with 24 shots, 1d4x10 MD via Naruni E-clips is a nice addition if you need close range firepower. They might even give you a 1% discount being from Earth....

I personally love NE weapons, was thinking about doing just that lol
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Sadly looks like we'll be missing our favorite super-sonic scholar (and the secondary PC that was supposed to be intro'd this week) as J-05 will be personae non-boogie due to family schtuffs.
Is okay...I have "A cunning plan" :D :demon: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Sadly looks like we'll be missing our favorite super-sonic scholar (and the secondary PC that was supposed to be intro'd this week) as J-05 will be personae non-boogie due to family schtuffs.
Is okay...I have "A cunning plan" :D :demon: :ok:

"Everybody's updated their wills, I hope?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Everybody keep it tight and cool while I'm gone, James doesn't want to attend any damn funerals! LOL
taalismn
Priest

Jay05 wrote:Everybody keep it tight and cool while I'm gone, James doesn't want to attend any damn funerals! LOL

Bad Sign for Future Group Integrity: "We thought you were dead, so we redistributed your stuff!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:
Jay05 wrote:Everybody keep it tight and cool while I'm gone, James doesn't want to attend any damn funerals! LOL

Bad Sign for Future Group Integrity: "We thought you were dead, so we redistributed your stuff!"
LOL, not worried about that, I'm sure DhAkael will do something like keep James researching the Morphii stuff so he's busy and out of the way lol. So if things get nasty he'll be ok. I was telling the guys to be careful
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

we would probably become team Charlie since there is already a Bravo team

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and a Team J (They like to think they are Team Jaeger, but they're actually Team Janatorial) :lol: :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The long Road or “Getting to know you better.”
A short meeting took place after the funeral ceremony. Rika decided on splitting the group between the two ships: Fionna, Shalyndra, Deiter & Leena would take the Sleipnir back to Terra via the dimensional gate located at Aiedo space-port on Motavia; while Rika and the rest would travel to Phaseworld under conventional FTL in Fenris-Darkstar after dropping off the smaller craft. This seemed to sit well with all concerned and after a quick power-up cycle, engaged the very last magi-tech gift given to Phoenix Alpha by Thomas Carmichael; the Trans-dimensional Teleport Grid. In an eternal moment, Fenris-Darkstar translated from the Necrosis Sector several mega-parsecs upwards to the Algol system Space-Station Zelan (one of 3 locations the Fenris was ‘keyed’ to). Quick farewells were exchanged between the two crews as Sleipnir decoupled from the larger pocket-carrier’s underside and sped away to Motavia. Rika didn’t stand on ceremony and had Fenris-Darkstar make course for Phaseworld at best speed and course.

Over the next 24 days the remainder of Team Alpha got to know each other better and exchanged much in the way of personal history and experiences with the newer members. Rika and Tao-Shi Moon discussed the existence of multiple versions of ‘Space war 1 / the Robotech Wars’ and the mash-up colony of UN-Spacey REF city Landing in Vancouver. James (when he could break away from studying the Morphii archives) and Markus talked about the separation of fact from myth about the true N.E.M.A. and time just after the cataclysm. As for Jack & Johannes, both spent time in the Fenris’ gymnasium sparring while Felix pined for Leena and butterflies and fearing robots (not exactly in that order).

At one point the routine was interrupted as Uno-Rez introduced herself to everyone; James Cormac was gob-smacked when he saw the blue-haired “woman” in person (only having heard her voice broadcast from the bridge) and was told that THIS was Rika’s “daughter”. Asking Markus about the captivating and enigmatic female and how Rika could have an adult child… Mr. Falkon just smiled and sipped at his coffee and replied mysteriously;

“She came with Rika.”

Eventually the Fenris-Darkstar entered into Phasewoorld space (and almost had an “Incident” as they exited FTL close to a Phase-gate), and docked with one of the myriad of transfer space-stations. James had finished compiling the inventory of items recovered and approximate value, with Rika vetoing the sale of ANY of the functional Morphii’n devices (the broken / smaller civilian artifacts could be safely sold off to scholars & collectors). When asked where on the trans-dimensional hub they could find a reliable broker, the NuMan captain winced but suggested someone named “Squiddy”; a non-human (her words; “He’s… a Monro-Tet) buyer & seller of ANYTHING rare & unique. The catch was, he would only do preliminary meeting using a proxy and meeting with said proxy had to be in a very public place with lots of security. The easiest place to find one of Squiddy’s proxies?
The Nova Arena; Sports-Bar & Grill.

The date is now October 7th, PA 109

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:The long Road or “Getting to know you better.”
A short meeting took place after the funeral ceremony. Rika decided on splitting the group between the two ships: Fionna, Shalyndra, Deiter & Leena would take the Sleipnir back to Terra via the dimensional gate located at Aiedo space-port on Motavia; while Rika and the rest would travel to Phaseworld under conventional FTL in Fenris-Darkstar after dropping off the smaller craft. This seemed to sit well with all concerned and after a quick power-up cycle, engaged the very last magi-tech gift given to Phoenix Alpha by Thomas Carmichael; the Trans-dimensional Teleport Grid. In an eternal moment, Fenris-Darkstar translated from the Necrosis Sector several mega-parsecs upwards to the Algol system Space-Station Zelan (one of 3 locations the Fenris was ‘keyed’ to). Quick farewells were exchanged between the two crews as Sleipnir decoupled from the larger pocket-carrier’s underside and sped away to Motavia. Rika didn’t stand on ceremony and had Fenris-Darkstar make course for Phaseworld at best speed and course.

Over the next 24 days the remainder of Team Alpha got to know each other better and exchanged much in the way of personal history and experiences with the newer members. Rika and Tao-Shi Moon discussed the existence of multiple versions of ‘Space war 1 / the Robotech Wars’ and the mash-up colony of UN-Spacey REF city Landing in Vancouver. James (when he could break away from studying the Morphii archives) and Markus talked about the separation of fact from myth about the true N.E.M.A. and time just after the cataclysm. As for Jack & Johannes, both spent time in the Fenris’ gymnasium sparring while Felix pined for Leena and butterflies and fearing robots (not exactly in that order).

At one point the routine was interrupted as Uno-Rez introduced herself to everyone; James Cormac was gob-smacked when he saw the blue-haired “woman” in person (only having heard her voice broadcast from the bridge) and was told that THIS was Rika’s “daughter”. Asking Markus about the captivating and enigmatic female and how Rika could have an adult child… Mr. Falkon just smiled and sipped at his coffee and replied mysteriously;

“She came with Rika.”

Eventually the Fenris-Darkstar entered into Phasewoorld space (and almost had an “Incident” as they exited FTL close to a Phase-gate), and docked with one of the myriad of transfer space-stations. James had finished compiling the inventory of items recovered and approximate value, with Rika vetoing the sale of ANY of the functional Morphii’n devices (the broken / smaller civilian artifacts could be safely sold off to scholars & collectors). When asked where on the trans-dimensional hub they could find a reliable broker, the NuMan captain winced but suggested someone named “Squiddy”; a non-human (her words; “He’s… a Monro-Tet) buyer & seller of ANYTHING rare & unique. The catch was, he would only do preliminary meeting using a proxy and meeting with said proxy had to be in a very public place with lots of security. The easiest place to find one of Squiddy’s proxies?
The Nova Arena; Sports-Bar & Grill.

The date is now October 7th, PA 109

The only thing I'm curious about is why Rika would send us to do business with a Monro. If memory serves, aren't they by and large loyal subjects to the Kreegor empire. Doesn't the Algolian government have treaties with the Consortium? Wouldn't doing business with an obvious criminal probably loyal to an hostile government countermand PF's duties? Or are we more autonomous than that?
taalismn
Priest

Lost Seraph wrote:Then we just become Phoenix Force Beta. It's like Jean-Luc's line from Star Trek First Contact, "It's ok, Number One. There are still plenty of letters left in the alphabet for a new Enterprise."

And why limit yourself to the Anglic alphabet? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jay05 wrote:The only thing I'm curious about is why Rika would send us to do business with a Monro. If memory serves, aren't they by and large loyal subjects to the Kreegor empire. Doesn't the Algolian government have treaties with the Consortium? Wouldn't doing business with an obvious criminal probably loyal to an hostile government countermand PF's duties? Or are we more autonomous than that?

*Gendo pose* :demon: :quiet:

Leaves of the lotus rise

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

oh crap wesa gonna die

taalismn
Priest

calto40k wrote:oh crap wesa gonna die

Possibly. Some of you might just be tortured to the point you WISH you could die. Some of you will just be unable to get 'The Favorit Hits of Wayne Newton' from playing continiously in your head. Others of you may contract a not necessarily fatal but socially embarassing condition with no easy cure. Others of you may find yourselves the subject of a jihad called upon you from unexpected nemesises. And some of you may just drown in the kitchen sink due to freak accidents involving dish detergent and vegetables.
Anything is possible.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Lost Seraph wrote: His power is the ability to steal all weapons that do more then 1d6x10 and nerf any new ones created so they only do 1d6x10, no matter what scale. Only his servants, who wear black skull armor with white outlines, will manage to be unfazed by this power.

Muwahahahahahahahha :demon: :lol: :lol:
"...and his true name unto the ages from before time is...
Kevin!"
-Kra-ka-BOOM!-

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:It's Phase World, Jay. Not all Monro are evil.
I own the book I've read their write-up numerous times, I didn't imply he was evil. I implied he is likely aligned with the TGE,(per the write-up who's world IIRC is firmly enenched in the TGE) Phoenix Force's home govt has a standing political alliance with the CCW (correct me if I'm wrong DhAkael) which would make the whole thing politically sticky even if the Monroe in question isn't evil. Which was my point. But yes I knew ahead of time that not all Monroe are evil. :roll:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Muwahahahahahahahha :demon: :lol: :lol:
"...and his true name unto the ages from before time is...
Kevin!"
-Kra-ka-BOOM!-

-ahem-

Yes quite.
Indeed.

*Doesn't answer anything outside of game as the game session has not been played yet and will not reaveal anything ahead of time*

Leaves of the lotus rise

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”