Unrest Over New Update for Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Unrest Over New Update for Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstar

Unread post by Jorel »

Only because of self imposed deadlines and never actually polling the customers to see what they want. They claim they are giving people what they asked for, but they never asked people what they want.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I sincerely believe they do ask buts it's very selective.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, to be fair, during the kickstarter proper the fans were not terribly shy about stating what they want from the mini's.. mostly to a theme of "accurate scale, high detail, in plastic"

there is little need to ask when the fans are pretty much screaming it your way already..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

There is because not every person investing in this is a loud screaming fan. Other opinions deserve to be heard.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

We're splitting hairs here, but while people wanted quality, I didn't see anyone demanding "1/200 figures scaled down by 1/3" levels that they seem to be committed to. Like, from a couple of feet away, is anyone going to look at a spartan and say "omg, those are leg indents not ridges, truly my immersion is shattered" and flip the table?

What we're seeing is diminishing returns; eventually you end up committing either X time to get Y quality, or 2X/3X/5X/whatever time (and potentially money or other resources) to get 1.1Y or 1.5Y or even 2Y scale. The risk/reward seems out of whack to some people.

There is a massive spectrum present between "hyper accurate, possibly fiddly to build and who knows how resilient to wear and tear" and "1 piece of blobby plastic that you could've gotten from a vending machine for a quarter". This is where the comparisons to other product lines comes in. When I build Miss Terious or Perdita or Lady J from Wyrd's product line, I expect detail and quality, but I don't expect to be able to see eyelashes or be able to tell the thread count of their clothes at a glance, and would equally consider it a waste of time for them to spend so much effort getting that kind of detail when I would probably wipe out half their detail with my first ham handed coat of primer and another quarter of it with an amateur paint job.

The pros and super modelers were always going to be able to assemble, green stuff in the extra and deliver life like hyper detail. The average user only needs so much, and where we differ is simply in opinion as to where they're sitting now and where we would've preferred them.

"Good, quality, playable" doesn't necessarily mean "20-25 pieces, have fun with trimming things a millimeter and a half across", and yet it's very frustrating that some commenters seem to think that it's impossible to have anything in between.
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

Jorel wrote:Only because of self imposed deadlines and never actually polling the customers to see what they want. They claim they are giving people what they asked for, but they never asked people what they want.

The reason I say they can't go back now is not because of self imposed deadlines. That can be changed. I meant because the Molds and other stuff have already been paid for.
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

They have been payed for because they buckled down and committed to self imposed deadlines. Ones they knew little of the actual time it would take to do, as is obvious by the fact we are still seeing prototypes a few months before their self imposed deadline of GenCon after they blew past all other self imposed deadlines like possibly October 2013.

"The Devil's among us!
Asterios
Explorer

Unread post by Asterios »

As it goes I gave a fairly decent concept on the kickstarter page on how just the Leg assembly could have been done which would have been approved by most of the fan base as very good, and that was just a first rough draft thought, as it goes I have made miniatures before and have worked with molds and can tell you with a level of certainity that if Palladium goes ahead with the Spartan design as they have it, they will have severe problems with warping and short shotting, short shots happen when not enough material gets into the mold from the injection process due to size of space and gap, and the walls of the legs are too thin to work well, warping occurs when the piece is removed while hot and the piece is thin enough that it will not hold its shape when removed. neither of these problems is a rarity, but most companies have taken steps to avoid such things, unlike Palladium which is insuring such problems will run rampant.

My question is Will Palladium offer a free exchange for items that due suffer from warping and short shotting ?
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

The big problem is Palladium announced unrealistic deadlines. It's one thing to promote unrealistic deadlines for books that nobody has pre-ordered, but its quite another to give wild, unfulfillable deadlines to people who gave you a chunk of change. The other mistake is that KS backers don't understand they are patrons taking a risk, but they think they are just pre-ordering a product. It's a big difference.

I deeply wish PB had told the KS backers that the goal was Q1 2015. Then they would look like heroes for delivering in Q3 2014, but instead PB will be villified more and more as the deadlines continue.

It's a shame, but expecting PB to change is a fool's errand. You have to either accept PB for who they are, knowing that they will always pull the football away at the last moment and you're okay with that, or you just move on to another company making products you like in a more professional manner of promise and delivery.
Asterios
Explorer

Spinachcat wrote:The big problem is Palladium announced unrealistic deadlines. It's one thing to promote unrealistic deadlines for books that nobody has pre-ordered, but its quite another to give wild, unfulfillable deadlines to people who gave you a chunk of change. The other mistake is that KS backers don't understand they are patrons taking a risk, but they think they are just pre-ordering a product. It's a big difference.

I deeply wish PB had told the KS backers that the goal was Q1 2015. Then they would look like heroes for delivering in Q3 2014, but instead PB will be villified more and more as the deadlines continue.

It's a shame, but expecting PB to change is a fool's errand. You have to either accept PB for who they are, knowing that they will always pull the football away at the last moment and you're okay with that, or you just move on to another company making products you like in a more professional manner of promise and delivery.

Actually I have always assumed that product would not arrive till May of 2015 from what I've seen based on the updates, but was also expecting "quality" items, and it appears we may not even get that.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Spinachcat wrote:The big problem is Palladium announced unrealistic deadlines. It's one thing to promote unrealistic deadlines for books that nobody has pre-ordered, but its quite another to give wild, unfulfillable deadlines to people who gave you a chunk of change. The other mistake is that KS backers don't understand they are patrons taking a risk, but they think they are just pre-ordering a product. It's a big difference.

I'm beginning to see that now. The problem is the rest of the minis community learning that and accepting it.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I am so not looking forward to hiding all those seams.......
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

jaymz wrote:I am so not looking forward to hiding all those seams.......

You don't hide them if you don't want to see them, you have to take pretty elaborate steps to remove them. Something like this:
http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/seams/seamremoval.html

Except the miniatures are far smaller.

Plus, many of those seams are over other things, like the little triangle on the bottom end of closed missile pods, and those will be VERY hard to remove.

There will probably be some warping, as there pretty much always is. The seams will probably never fit quite perfectly, so will require lots of massaging, hot water, filing, putty, and cutting in order to fit well.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if there was no better way to do it. I personally don't accept that response, but I am not a 3D modeler, and don't have experience creating 3D models. If you don't have those 2 skills under your belt you really don't have a very good argument to create a change (and it may be too late anyway).

As it appears most of the molds are done what we've seen in the pics is probably much closer to what we will eventually receive.

I have no idea where I'll find the time to put together 1200 of them, or even just a couple hundred to run as many games as I can at once here in Dallas, but I'm still happy to see them getting made.

I'm sure the first, maybe even the 5th may be a pain, but surely by the 10th miniature you'll know how to get rid of the seams and be used to the molds enough to knock it out reasonably fast.

I still can't wait to get my stuff, still hope the game is an overwhelming success, and still hope to see the other generations in the same scale, followed by Rifts.

I would like to see some better communication on PB's part in the KS threads though, just 5 minutes a day would go VERY far (just a facts update is great, no need in conversation).
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Hell at this point, even if it is a success, I wonder if they'd even want to bother.

Is the cash really worth this much hassle? Devoting this much time away from the books and other things that vie for their time?

Having read the updates for over a year now and read between the lines here and there, they're all starting to seem a bit weary, and we may just be at the half way point. If that.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Forar wrote:Hell at this point, even if it is a success, I wonder if they'd even want to bother.

Is the cash really worth this much hassle? Devoting this much time away from the books and other things that vie for their time?

Having read the updates for over a year now and read between the lines here and there, they're all starting to seem a bit weary, and we may just be at the half way point. If that.

I see that too. Instead of doing another ks I wouldn't be surprised if PB takes out a loan from the bank. Dealing with them might be preferable to dealing with us. From their point of view it's just not worth the hassle.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Kryptt wrote:I'm beginning to see that now. The problem is the rest of the minis community learning that and accepting it.

I agree and this makes me very sad. I like Kevin and the PB crew, but I'm very concerned that the KS is becoming a clusterpoop. The minis at GAMA look great and the initial stuff we have seen about gameplay is good (maybe excellent). There is real potential that RTT could become a top notch minis game. I believe RTT has the potential to be a BIG hit.

But this isn't 1985 or even 1995.

The minis market has a couple Big Dawgs (Warhammer & Warmachine & Flames of War & Clix) who dominate shelf space and event space in game stores, but lots of high quality, highly motivated smaller companies working hard to grab market share. Games like Wargods of Aegyptus by Crocodile Games and Malifaux and of course Star Wars have been, and will continue, to grow and take market share.

The minis community only has X members with Y dollars. Palladium hasn't been able to market itself effectively in the RPG community and thus their fanbase has shrunk year after year. Now PB is entering the more lucrative, but more challenging miniatures market where the Big Dawgs have a strong infrastructure for events in stores and sales in stores.

My fear is that the upset among the KS backers is going to poison the well ltong before the game even launches. For me personally, that would be sad. I have been looking forward to a fast play mecha game with a strong fanbase. I am not interested in owning yet another game that I like but nobody plays.

My other fear is that minis are going to be too complex for new minis players or casual minis players to be able to easily assemble and paint to their level of satisfaction. If too many KS backers become frustrated with their initial attempts to construct their mecha, they may just shelve the game. The power of Clix was you opened a box and played. The power of 40k was the minis in the core box were easy to assemble and paint. If RTT is designed only for experience modelers, then Palladium will alienate the majority of the wargaming community who focus on (1) gameplay and (2) miniatures. Yes, its true that the 1/285th modeling non-gamer community is a good market, but there are many companies in that market as well.

But even if the KS is a complete clusterpoop and the final figs are as disastrous as feared and real support and promotion for the game are non-existent as feared (AKA, all the fears online become true), then all backers should have hope. There is no question that you will be able to at least make your money back on eBay. And if you put the game in a closet for a year or two, you might sell for double.

So at worst, view the KS as an investment.
Asterios
Explorer

Spinachcat i'd hate to say this but I disagree with a plethora of what you have said, as it goes the people complaining about the minis (of which I am one) have a justification for their complaint, while the look of the minis are awesome, the way they have cut them is what is killing them, you mentioned other companies who make miniature games, you want to know what they have in common that Palladium has passed over? lets look at some point here shall we:

1: Games Workshop when they bring out a new game to entice new players to join the game they design the game to be very user friendly, their starter games are easy to build and assemble and very easy for even the new player, Palladium made their models for their starter to the point you need a magnifyling glass tweezers and an assortment of items to assemble them, not very user friendly.

2: when you look at other companies product, you don't see seems or anything, and unlike palladium when they announce an item is coming out, you can bank on it coming out soon, Palladium is sorely lacking in this area.

3: Palladium has essentially kicked their backers to the curb and gave more precedence to product for conventions over their backers, already 3 types of models have been available to convention goers for the new Robotech tactics game, the backers have yet to see anything but empty promises, and with even less communication from them.

4: Palladium had/has a chance to break into the miniatures game field with a great product, but they went in with blinders on and no guide so I fear they may end up doing more harm then good for a Robotech miniatures line.
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

The annoying seams on everything aren't going to make me love the game any less, nor will they make me not be able to tell what I'm looking at.

Annoying yes, but everything apparently has them, and its time to move on.

Complex miniatures sure, though at least you can tell where the parts go. I have 36 battletech celestial metal miniatures that I'm still not real sure what all the parts go, nor where they go together. These have slots, grooves, and its obvious how they go together.

So yes, the seams bother me greatly.

And no, it doesn't change the way I feel about the game, nor that I feel my 14 battlecry's were a waste.

Course, a can of spray paint, 30 seconds with a paint pen, then adding a decal would be pushing it for the amount of time I spend on a mini anyway.

I think people are getting a bit overly sensitive. If you want a high quality model, go to HLJ.com and do what I did and blow $28 on a VF-11B Thunderbolt that looks freaking amazing. If you want to play RRT stick with the cheap miniatures and don't be that upset when one gets busted.

We are finally getting a robotech game people, after 25 years, be happy about that, even if its not up to your expectations.
Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

At $6 - $8 per miniature... I don't consider that cheap at all. I was considering picking this game up when it was finally released, but not at the current price point. And not with all the delays and negative feedback I've been reading here lately.

I'll just stick to the RPG books.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Raiden wrote:At $6 - $8 per miniature... I don't consider that cheap at all. I was considering picking this game up when it was finally released, but not at the current price point. And not with all the delays and negative feedback I've been reading here lately.

I'll just stick to the RPG books.

Well the basic box is actually more like just under 3 per mini at 99.95. You get 34 miniatures plus the rule book etc

4 VF-1As in all three modes (12 minis total)
1 VF-1J in all three modes (3 minis total)
4 Destroids (2 Tomahawk and 2 Defenders)
12 Regult Battle Pods
1 Glaug Officer Pod
1 Scout Pod
1 Recovery Pod
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

Sure, the initial start up cost is cheap, I'll give you that. But when it comes to expanding your faction/army, it's gonna become very expensive, very fast. It's the exact same reason I dropped out of WarHammer 40k years ago. (And I used to love me some WH40K)

Great idea, great opportunity, but I can't justify the costs involved to support it.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

From what I have seen of most mini games that is the method. Cheaper start up wit expansion and extras costing on magnitude more in comparison. Some even being not that inviting at start up (X-wing is something like 50-60 dollars for 3 minis to start and those are one piece pre-painted to boot)

\m/
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

jaymz wrote:From what I have seen of most mini games that is the method. Cheaper start up wit expansion and extras costing on magnitude more in comparison. Some even being not that inviting at start up (X-wing is something like 50-60 dollars for 3 minis to start and those are one piece pre-painted to boot)

I'm not sure who is trying to sell you those but your info is way off. An X-wing starter set with 3 very detailed multipiece preassembled and nicely painted ready to play minis is $39.95 at full retail, not $50-60. You can even get them for less than $30 including shipping with Amazon prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing- ... -wing+core
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

and that still equates to 10+ per mini. Point being the cost per mini is higher than RRT. By quite a bit.

\m/
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

And honestly it wouldn't take very much work to convert some valkyries, lancers, ghosts, and glaug eldare's to X-Wing's combat system.

So, if you really like the x-wing miniatures game, but prefer the robotech universe, it'd be quite easy to have both! The 1/270 x-wing scales vs the 1/285 robotech scales are hardly noticeable.

While it would have been cool to have pre-painted robotech mini's like those in x-wing, I would NOT have wanted to pay $15-$30 each for them like x-wing, sheesh thats a lot of money for a little bitty miniature painted by underpaid workers or little kids in the orient.

I still hope to see the REF, Invid, ASC, and Robotech masters, even if it means seams. I'd still pump out thousands more for such an endeavor.

But I still hate seams, it'll be my battlecry!

The new Battletech plastic miniatures are *really* nice single piece molds. That method would have been great for RRT as well, but I'm not sure what went into manufacturing them.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I'll have my REF Mecha one way or another B_S. I am not so fickle as to not use Paper counters. (I try to make mine stand alone and at least pseudo 3d as opposed 2d though I'll use 2d if I have too.) I am more for the gaming aspect than having minis but that's me.

\m/
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I still wish the parts breakdown for the YF-4 would have been similar to this VF-4 in 1/250.

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a45 ... b657a3.jpg

When I signed up for the ks, I was expecting this. That's only 9 pieces total.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

jaymz wrote:and that still equates to 10+ per mini. Point being the cost per mini is higher than RRT. By quite a bit.

$10 per mini with no painting or assembly required.

Let me tell you, if I knew of a service that would assemble and paint my RRT minis for $2-4 each, I'd jump on that in an instant.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I know. That was my point. X-wing for 40 bucks or more depending on where you are etc is 10+ per minie. yes it is assembled and pre-painted. How much are the add ons? I am guessing they are more than 10+ Maybe 15?

Either way I am guessing the pre paint x-rwing minis ae still more expensive to add on that RRt will be. and GREATLY more expensive to field anything near a base box of RRT. Will it take time? Yes. more time than I expected to be sure with 15-20 pieces per but the price in money is pretty good I think.

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

You're still comparing apples to oranges, to a degree. Another major consideration being ignored is the size of the force that is fielded. The standard (tournament and among my play group) X-Wing game is only 100 points. With some advanced pilots, the right ships and a pile of upgrades, that can be as few as 2 ships, or as many as 7-8.

Is a core game of 2 TIE fighters versus 1 X-Wing pulse pounding action? Not really, but expanding it up with a second Core set and a few expansions, done over time, is pretty reasonable in terms of 'miniatures' games (it's more of a board game, but it's got some Mini in it too).

And best of all, each expansion (assuming its a new ship) can dramatically change the forces fielded. And takes about 5 minutes to set up.

Each RRT expansion will also add significant variety to force construction... and will also likely take an evening or two (or more) to assemble, prime and paint. Assuming ones time isn't considered worthless, that has a cost in and of itself. Not to mention that like Star Wars, a significant portion of the fanbase are 30-40+, meaning many of them have careers, families, and outside obligations wherein that minor price premium to potentially save several hours is worth more than is paid in.

These are the kinds of things that RRT will be facing on store shelves. Robotech is big, but let's not even joke, Star Wars is bigger. Looking from aisle to aisle, consumers will be choosing, on impulse and in general, what to snag and play, and the hours of time necessary to prep miniature figures is factored into that calculation by anyone who thinks about it for half a moment.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

There was a reason I said the price in money was reasonable. RRTs real problem is it robotech not the assembly and painting truth be told.

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I feel we're talking past each other here. Yes you said the money was reasonable, but still focused on it being more expensive. Yes, Robotech isn't a massive household name like Star Wars or Star Trek, but it still has enough nostalgia appeal to draw in a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign.

The brand isn't necessarily as strong as it once was, but the negative backer reaction to the assembly concerns indicates to me that the brand remains a bonus (and anime is widespread enough it may yet draw in fans based on being a mecha based game regardless of being familiar with the source material), but the assembly and painting concerns have been present since day 1, and the reality of the matter sinking in is why we're approaching a thousand comments on a single update (somewhere around 2-4 times the conversation present on any other, as I can't recall many that broke the 250 range, let alone approached 500).

Simply put, the fact we're even having this conversation indicates to me that the assembly and painting are currently the core concern present.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The more expensive comment was meant for X-wing.

Honestly if we were talking 7-8 pieces per I don't think most people would have had an issue. I wouldn't have.

I can't see anyone who has played 40k and such would either.

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I... I know you were talking about...

Is there someone else in your organization I might speak to?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Nope....I'm all you are authorized to have access too sorry. :D

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

What organization?

"The Devil's among us!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

He was making a joke since we've bounced around in our discussion...or rather I have somewhat. That happens when I get tired.....

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

as far as I can tell there is little organization in any of this stuff lately.

"The Devil's among us!
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Ummmmm, so 4 pages of comments on this, multiple threads, heck, multiple sites.

I can understand being hesitant to want to talk to us highly annoying fans.... BUT.

No official word at all yet, from anybody, really? Not one person at Palladium can chime in and say "We are looking into it, stay tuned" or even a "suck it, we promised more than we could deliver, and that is what you get". Heck, even a "standby"... just *something* to acknowledge so many concerns.

This *IS* the "official" Palladium forums right?
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I'd guess they are saying nothing as maybe they have nothing good to say. I think that it is a serious problem to let that many people who seem unsatisfied to go on for weeks without really addressing the issue. People are asking for communication, not for Palladium to make huge game changing alterations. Communication is the least they could do, and I don't mean another update. They should spend time talking to the backers. The people that made this possible are not happy they are being ignored.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

To be fair, the Max/Miriya Convention Exclusives debate raged in the comments for literally a month before it was mentioned in a weekly release.

Granted, that one didn't seem to generate nearly as much ire as this one has (or at least didn't get a fraction of the attention), but the precedent is there for hot topics to be left alone.

Plus, delivery is in 100-130 or so days! Noses to the grindstone and all that!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

at some point they have plenty of time to let the backers know what is up with the money they invested in the company. Once production is actually rolling they won't be submitting any more designs and they aren't the ones producing it so they should have time to show the backers a little respect.

"The Devil's among us!
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

You can't tell me they don't have time to hope in here for 5 minutes. That is ridiculous.

Not asking for a lot of artwork and paragraphs, just something saying "yeah, we hear you, we'll get back to you by Friday" or something.

Kinda disrespectful since us fans funded this. Just as if I own 3% of Microsoft and Steve Balmer won't return my calls (that is 10x the "ownership" I have, but not the point).
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I think that they don't see any benefits in opening that flood gate.

"The Devil's among us!
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

Too bad they didn't post that update they said was coming on Friday or Saturday.
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I don't know what to think. I mean it is not really stopping over on the KS pages. If anything the lack of communication has made them more unsettled. They don't seem to be going anywhere.

"The Devil's among us!
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Jorel wrote:I don't know what to think. I mean it is not really stopping over on the KS pages. If anything the lack of communication has made them more unsettled. They don't seem to be going anywhere.

Maybe they feel that the fans who like what they've been previewed like Duncan are already adequately expressing and representing the company's viewpoint? In any case, the silence is deafening.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I would HOPE they wouldn't endorse Duncan's viewpoint considering how belligerent, ignorant and down right vitriolic he was towards any who disagreed with him.

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Yeah, whatever 'harm' might have been done to the cause of those expressing discontent by Zero's outburst, Duncan's simply baffling rants and declarations of how everyone who disagrees with him is apparently six years old (and he's really specific on that one) has proven equally as baffling.

The rate of commenting has definitely slowed. If I were one to give into assuming the worst, I'd think that maybe they didn't want to put up an update in the hopes of avoiding bringing so many people (approaching 2% of the backers, offhand, which a year into the project is a HUGE number) back into things.

Or maybe Wayne just caught the con crud at GAMA and needed a few days to unclog his sinuses.

Either way, they've been pretty good about weekly updates for some time now, so presumably we'll have one during the usual Thursday/Friday/Saturday period, and that ought to be interesting.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”