Costs?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natalya

Costs?

Unread post by Natalya »

I'm going to be starting a PFRPG campaign this weekend, and there are some basic costs that I can't find in the book. These are things I'm looking at right away:

Passage on a (small/icky) ship
Passage on a (average) ship
Passage on a (nice/big) ship
Cost of a horse
Cost of equipment for horse riding
Staying in a (small/icky) inn
Staying in a (average) inn
Staying in a (nice/big) inn

Anything else not in the book that I'm not thinking of at the moment would be nice too.

Thanks.
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: Costs?

Unread post by Entiago »

Passage on a (small/icky) ship 5 - 10 gold
Passage on a (average) ship 8 - 20 gold
Passage on a (nice/big) ship 15 - 30 gold
Although not really covered in any books (I don't think so, maybe wrong) it all depends on the destination. Also if the PCs are willing to lend a hand protecting the ship that reduces the cost of travell (it may be free). For basic day travel I use these prices, as noted earlier if more dangerous then the more it cost.

Cost of a horse depends on quality and breed. Look to page 205 thru 207 for types and average prices, of corse those with more wear and tear are cheaper.

Cost of equipment for horse riding Tho this never came up in any of my campaigns as I give an all included package price to save me the trouble.

these prices can be found in the Eastern Territories book, pg 45. Although they are for the Dominion of Man I adjust prices accordingly

Staying in a ___________ inn

poor, crappy 1 large common room: 1 - 5 gold per night

average semi-privete rooms may or may not have locks on doors and shutters and stables: 10 - 15 gold per night (stables: 2 - 4 gold)

good, private rooms with stables, laundry, and bath on site: 25 - 60 gold per night (stables: 2 - 6 gold)

fancy includes servents, stables, laundry, baths, mail service: 65 - 100 gold per night all included in price

lavish/rich: private suits (150 gold per night); suites (250 gold per night); master suites (350 gold per night). includes stables, laundry, and bath, and servents. Usually only for nobles/rich people and require a 350 - 500 gold deposit
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Unread post by Guest »

The cost for riding gear finally showed up in Eastern Territories. You can find it at the upper left portion on page 121.
Basically a saddle costs 80 gold, war saddle costs 250 gold, bridle costs 20 gold, sadle blanket costs 6 gold and saddlebag costs 10 gold.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

The question of costs for gear comes up pretty often. And, as usual, I will give the reply of a book title.

"...And a ten-foot pole" is a GREAT book that has generic prices for just about anything and everything. Probably have to search for a used copy, because I think it's still out of print. I rememebr reading somewhere that it was going to get republished, but I don't think it ever did.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo

Unread post by Guest »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:The question of costs for gear comes up pretty often. And, as usual, I will give the reply of a book title.

"...And a ten-foot pole" is a GREAT book that has generic prices for just about anything and everything.

Not quite everything, but it's still a good resource.

Probably have to search for a used copy, because I think it's still out of print. I rememebr reading somewhere that it was going to get republished, but I don't think it ever did.

...and a 10 foot pole
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Thanks for the help so far, I never even thought of looking in Monsters & Animals.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Natalya wrote:Thanks for the help so far, I never even thought of looking in Monsters & Animals.

Did you also check High Seas? Either printing?
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

No, unfortunately I don't have that book, and finances won't permit me to obtain it before the weekend.

BTW, where can I find a list of shield SDC/costs? Thanks again.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Natalya wrote:No, unfortunately I don't have that book, and finances won't permit me to obtain it before the weekend.

I do not have any of the books available, but http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... hield.html has some SDC values. There are some other helpful PDFs on the cutting room floor as well.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Natalya wrote:No, unfortunately I don't have that book, and finances won't permit me to obtain it before the weekend.

yup the link lather gives you lists the SDC of the shields. I think I have seen the prices and such in a book, oh yeah PFRPG 1st edition. Also try Armor, Weapons, and Castles book. its a great buy.

As for my campaign I use these prices (the ones from 1st ed)

small wood - 35g
small leather - 30g
small wood + leather - 45g
small iron - 55g
large wood - 65g
large leather - 65g
large wood + leather - 75g
large iron - 100g

also added
small wood + iron - 25 SDC - 40g - 1d4+2 dam
large wood + iron - 40 SDC - 60g - 1d6 dam
- the Book

Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Entiago wrote:I think I have seen the prices and such in a book, oh yeah PFRPG 1st edition. Also try Armor, Weapons, and Castles book. its a great buy.

Duh! I didn't even think of looking at 1st ed. I glanced briefly earlier, saw that the ordinary item list was the same between the books, and assumed the rest would be. Thanks!

*looking through the bookshelf*
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Natalya wrote:
Entiago wrote:I think I have seen the prices and such in a book, oh yeah PFRPG 1st edition. Also try Armor, Weapons, and Castles book. its a great buy.

Duh! I didn't even think of looking at 1st ed. I glanced briefly earlier, saw that the ordinary item list was the same between the books, and assumed the rest would be. Thanks!

*looking through the bookshelf*

your welcome.
- the Book

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”