Greater Elementals?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natalya

Greater Elementals?

Unread post by Natalya »

Hope this is the right forum, if not, please point me in the right direction.

Something that started as an in-game joke has grown (boy, has it grown), and now I need to know where I can find the stats for a greater elemental. Then, I need to know how to combine them for a hybrid elemental.

The joke was that a mage was trying to turn a computer into the electronic equivalent of a spell book. A summon water elemental spell, a summon fire elemental spell, Love Charm, Freeze Water, and a fertility spell were scanned and entered into the computer when it fizzled, and a small ball of ice permanently on fire shot out of the CD drive. The computer somehow managed to read the spells, figure out the logical combined conclusion, and create a baby fire/water elemental. :? :? :?

Thanks for any references and/or ideas.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Well, Guild of Magic and Psionics forum might have been more appropriate, but i'm pretty sure what you are looking for is in a PF book: Dragons and Gods....Right before the angels (sorry don't have specific page).
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Stats for minor and major elementals can be found in Dragons & Gods page52 - 67.

Although the combination of a fire and water elemental is immposible fire and water are opposites they would cancel each other out.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Aye, I'm inclined to go with Entiago here... fire and water elementals (or fire and ice as it sounds like you're using) would not be able to exist as a combination, one would die. Fire elementals are damaged by any contact with water, and water elementals can be fried to steam by fire. Dragons and Gods has the information on the elementals themselves, as well as damage from opposinge elements. There's also some demonstrations of what happens to fire and water elementals in adverse conditions in an adventure in... uhh... one of the Northern Wilderness books, I believe the first one. Avaxa's Gate I think it's called.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Thanks for the book advice. I don't have that book, but I'll see if one of my friends does.

As far as the whole possible bit, for purposes of our game, the GM has already ruled that it happened, and the baby elemental does exist. So, does the book deal with hybrid elementals, and if not, what would be the best way of combining them? Full powers of both "parents"? Or a slight weakening of maximum ability in each element, to account for power over two different elements? Any other additions/subtractions?
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Beatleguise wrote:My personal Opinion.

You use the Blue Fire Elemental Spell as the basis. It is Fire that does cold Damage. It could even be a Blue Fire Elemental.

Also, I am not certain what it is called, but I think there is a separate category of Magic called Blue Fire Magic. I am not sure if its the same as the Spell of the same name though. But it is something to look at.

Where can I find both of these at?

Also, while I don't have Dragons & Gods (yet), I do have PF 1ed. Can the elementals from that be converted? How would I do that? Since they are both Palladium products, is it a problem talking about converting it?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”