Nightbane Game Idea

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcethus
Champion

Nightbane Game Idea

Unread post by Marcethus »

I am having some ideas for a Nightbane game idea and thought I would:
1. See how much interest there would be for such a thing. it will most likely be a PBP game since I do not have the time to run one on palchat.

2. Trawl (sp?) for any extra ideas

The setting is going to be 2006ish in the state of Oregon (I lived there for ten years though only in Eugene and Medford.) and I am still working on the details of the factions and the nightlords control factors any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Nightbane Game Idea

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Marcethus wrote:I am having some ideas for a Nightbane game idea and thought I would:
1. See how much interest there would be for such a thing. it will most likely be a PBP game since I do not have the time to run one on palchat.

The setting is going to be 2006ish in the state of Oregon (I lived there for ten years though only in Eugene and Medford.) and I am still working on the details of the factions and the nightlords control factors any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

I have some ideas, as I too livein Oregon. I have 3 sibling wo live in Eugene. I've spent most of my time in the Salem, Corvalis, Albany, Lebanon area.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Marcethus
Champion

sweet IM them to me and if I like them I will incoporate them in with due credit (not that I keep much in the way of notes lol but I note enough to give myself something to run with)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Marcethus wrote:sweet IM them to me and if I like them I will incoporate them in with due credit (not that I keep much in the way of notes lol but I note enough to give myself something to run with)

I may have to PM them to you, I 'll send them with the Dark Guardian idea...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Marcethus
Champion

OK cool
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

> 2. Trawl (sp?) for any extra ideas

Did you mean "troll", by chance? Technically, "to fish by trailing a lure or baited hook from a moving boat". In usenet news, to troll can be to post just looking to start a flame war or agruement. In this case, you are looking to start a discussion and have people give polite, on-topic responses, so good tie in with the dictionary definition, not as good on the slang technical end since you are a valid and loved poster and all that.

Woefully, never having been to Oregon I can't off much in ideas for the local area. Most of my ideas for running a game tend to want to start at Dark Day, especially since none of my local players have even heard of Nightbane.

I find that I am rather bad about play by post games. Plus, they loose the social feel of a table-top RPG. What we need is an astral gaming club somewhere where we can all get together in person... oh, nevermind... ;)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Sanctu wrote:> 2. Trawl (sp?) for any extra ideas

Did you mean "troll", by chance?

No, he meant trawl.
Trawling is not trolling.
And what was the point of(the rest of) your post BtW?
Marcethus
Champion

I meant Trawl as in fishing for ideas. as in "hey bob were gonna go Trawling wanna come?"
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

thats sweet If I had my own board
id be running the night bane korea
campain
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Marcethus
Champion

well proboards is free methinks
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Marcethus wrote:well proboards is free methinks

It is, otherwise I'd have stuck to the yahoo game
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
Marcethus
Champion

thanks for confirming that
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Re: Nightbane Game Idea

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

The_Primordial_Serpent wrote:
Marcethus wrote:I am having some ideas for a Nightbane game idea and thought I would:

I have some ideas, as I too livein Oregon. I have 3 sibling wo live in Eugene. I've spent most of my time in the Salem, Corvalis, Albany, Lebanon area.

I live Newport, I'd love to game.

As for ideas, I'd stick with Portland.

Return to “Nightbane®”