Nightbane Unlimited

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

did something along those lines back in the day,
with the Nightlords as the big villain in a Heroes setting...
but it was pre-dark day (the big plot was the heroes trying to prevent the dark day, tho they never quite figured out what it was... just that the villains needed some major ritual on this side to breech the wall long enough to allow them free passage instead of just every decade or so...)

one of our best campeigns IMO...

tho... roughtly have the group was suffering a couple insanities by the end of it...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I've played in games that were a mix of the HU and NB and they were fun, but if you're talking a seriuse campain then you should limit the amount of crossover. Ether only a little bane in HU, or only a few Heros in NB.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Late night C-man? :D

If you want, I can lend you any of the 'bane books you want, I think I have most of them...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Thlaylie
D-Bee

Unread post by Thlaylie »

Nightbane has a better selection of traits and values for mutants than HU.
Grimnr
D-Bee

Unread post by Grimnr »

Thlaylie wrote:Nightbane has a better selection of traits and values for mutants than HU.

I would completely agree with Thlaylie, when I want to create a truly unique "hero" I use NB rules
"Ok its a demon that much I know, well that and that its big, really big."--Jack "Smith" P.A.B. Feild Agent calling for back up
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I always pictured the Mutant Underground as merging with the Underground Railroad....

With the rest of the superhumans being able to act as bridges between the rest of the factions.

As most of them could have members that would be considered superhumans in HU, and Faction members in NB.
Sectret operatives are Spook Squad members. And super soldiers can be as well. Mystic Study heroes could join any number of facations, etc...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

my group too found NB to be better Mutants than the HU2 versions.
We just remove the Transformation abiltiy between Human and NB, and bamm instant Mutant Freaks

the PPE system to fuel Energy Powers also fely better in most cases.

We even Mix-Matched Traits between HU2 and NB with normal Super powers for flavor instead of the NB powers.

I'm wondering...
Splicers in Nightbane ;) :twisted: :demon:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Nightbane®”