Multiple Animal Traits

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

From reading it, I gathered that it was technically everything that might come up as an issue.

Using my brain, a lot of it can be determined by looking at the various forms you have and figuring it out. For example, if your hands/arms/talons end up being from the mostly-bird-but-kinda-human part of the bird chart, your damage when using those talons would be based there. If you have an all full-bird body and a bat head, then your damage from your talons would be based on the full bird, while your damage biting someone would be from the bat head. Often on the Centroid forms, there is the damage listed for what the claws on your hand claws do, but I'd think (and woudl allow) the fore-claws on the lower more animal body to do the tad more you'd get from a full animal's fore-claws, since that's what they are supposed to be. Using them, of course, would be situational and it wouldn't be an extra attack but a different attack. (Why am I imagining the scientist lion centuar holding test tubes, trying to keep them out of reach of the thing he's fighting while batting with his fore-claws?)

The time when you would roll for something like this would be when you are completely unsure and throwing your hands up. For example, let's say that the two things you are bear and owl, and instead of mixing parts, you are trying to mix the whole, essentially turning into a bear-owl thing that isn't completely either both both all at once. Rolling would be one way of dealing with how much damage your beak/mouth/thing does, just as rolling would be one way of dealing with which stat bonuses you have. Personally, in ths situation I'd go for some sort of average or pick one based on what you have for a mouth in Morphus, but you could roll and make that descission based on that.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Multiple Animal Traits

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gwa1965 wrote:The rules say when making a morphus w/2 or more different animal traits, you role to decide which stat bonuses you get. Does this also apply to natural damage, venoms, HF, and SDC? What about bonus skills?

Oh? I seem to have missed that one, as I understood all such bonuses to be cumulative... Where was this mentioned?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

The bonuses that are cumulative are from one category to the next.

If you have an animal trait and a nightbane trait, then the SDC bonuses from your third eye are cumulative with your bird beak. But when you are talking about the "roll two or three more times and make it all work", then they are not cumulative, and that's when the rolling comes into play.

Lytefoot, for the totally random generation method, I think you said it beautifully.

Return to “Nightbane®”