Defilers? What is it ....?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Old campaign of Kevin Siembieda's from many years ago. Had all kinds of characters and stuff in it.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

The Defilers, of which I was one, were a team of players that ran in Kevin's early Palladium RPG games. We met at various locations around Wayne State University, including the Deteroit Gaming Center (no longer around). We had the bad habit of going into towns, plotting to take out the bad guy(s) and sort of accidentally destroying well, most of the town. Ok, Ok, sometimes the entire town. Outrageous fun.

Alex Marciniszyn
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

gadrin wrote:Hi Alex, I pm'ed you just in case you didn't see my reply.

any chance of giving us "Rifts conversions" for the members of the band?
as best as you can remember, doesn't have to be great detail. I'd be interested in seeing what kind of OCC they were (if any) they're prominent trait or magic item or power, their level, etc and who ran them.
Thanks, Gadrin
\
Yes we would like that, very much-Thanks you! :hug: :love: :rose: :ok:
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd be interested as well.
Although it sounds like it might work better as a Knights of The Dinner Table type comic...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

My memories of my Defilers days are very sketchy. I'll try to see if I can find some detailed information.

Alex Marciniszyn
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I recommend against putting any info on the Defilers in print or here. It will just lead to disillusioned Rifters who think the characters are too weak. Also, going from 1st edition PFRPG to Rifts is a hefty conversion.

-Vek
"What did they Defile?"
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

gadrin wrote:
AlexM wrote:My memories of my Defilers days are very sketchy. I'll try to see if I can find some detailed information.

Alex Marciniszyn

this might make a good book, or section of a book.

maybe Carl Gleba will read this. If it gets KS blessing, it might make for something saleable, even if it were "spruced up" a bit. I think Carl would be trustworthy enough for KS to farm it out and add to it, without detracting from the overall feel of things.

Thanks Gadrin,

I too am very interested in seeing the Defilers I don't want to write about them darn it :D Seriously. I don't really think I'd be able to do them justice, besides I would want a ton of info on them and for all that I would want, Kevin would probably just be better off writing it himself. I seem to recall maybe it was something that Maryann posted but I could be wrong. Kevin didn't put them in print because he had lost touch with most of the players and out of respect for them would want their permission ahead of time, as a courtesy I assume. I could be wrong however so Maryann if you read this my apologies if I misquoted.

But yeah, one of these days when I see Kevin and he has some free time I'll bug him to tell some Defiler stories. You know, I bet they'd make a cool novel.

Carl
ImageImage
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

I also would be interested in more information on the Defilers. Even if that information is small blurb (for each character... :D ).
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Veknironth wrote:"What did they Defile?"

Come on Vek you should know that (I am assuming)
They were the defilers of Baalzebul, defilers of gods.

PF 2nd edition also has the sketch of the Defilers (done by Kevin himself)
and the ballad of the Defilers by XarXar wizard supreme.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”