Silliest PC you've ever designed...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Silliest PC you've ever designed...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Vam'borg!!!!

He survives on oil and other petroleum based products...

And he's undead...though he's made of metal...

Wood doesn't hurt him...but silver does...

His only true weakness is...Taffy...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

a Fire and Brimstone Preacher (new west) but he was a chiang-Ku dragon hatchling.

he was insane, he was convinsed his supernatural abilities were gifts from god to "smite the demons in that are plaging this world, the work of. . .*that was the interesting thing, he would never strike first. he would ALWAYS preach a lot to people and wouln't fight until they struck first*

he was convinsed also that the sword was also a gift from god, to slay evil, and the eye of knowlage so he could better spread the word. he had the cross tatto and would give it to any who asked for it and proved that they were "pure christian souls". he would also make full tatoo warriors out of all those that would fight evil, and proved loyalty to god.

It was hilarious. then again it was a light-hearted game. I was just abusing the sterotype here

oh, this brings back memoris :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

The 6 arm demon... :twisted:
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Slag
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Slag »

It wasn't for Rifts, but for HU1:

Salvadore Mundi: the grear Sir Real!

Mild mannered...ok, not the least bit mild mannered; a real dick, actually...college football player Neil Douneneeter (the Quarterback of Notre Dame) was in a bind. He needed to maintain a D average to play sports, but was drinking and womanizing his grades away. Coming up soon was his big Art History final that he needed to ace to pass and keep his athletic scholarship. There was only one way to solve this crisis: study! But since that would have conflicted with his drinking habits another solution needed to be found.

Along came Esmerelda, a young witch Neil was dating at the time. She helped him channel the spirits of the ancient master artists so that he would have their minds with which to ace his test. It worked like a...err...charm, and he got an A and saved his scholarship. The problem came when Esme tried to remove the spirits. Everything looked to have worked properly. The problem, one spirit refused to leave: Salvadore Dali!

Now Neil has a split personality: his original personality fights to contain the wierdness of the Dali spirit, but in times of trouble when the world needs a savior, the altered-ego of Salvadore Mundi, savior of the world, breaks through and wierdness happens. Clocks melt, lobsters function as telephones, girraffes spontaneously combust, you name it. As Salvadore goes forth to fight crime...and to subvert the bourgeois post-impressionistic dominated world of art with subliminal imagery, his power of the surreal is put to use fighting the forces of evil at only the cost of a few melted wiener dogs. He boldly goes to fight for the common man, and to search for Gala...precious, beautiful, wonderfully abusive Gala...
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

I know I mentioned this before BUT

My mutant Capybarra "Speak"

and I always wanted to make a mutant with the Major power-Alter Physical Structure: Metal and a few abilities from the Food Manipulation Power that was in Rifter 9½...So I can make a true IRON CHEF.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

based on the Scarcrow monster, an animated stick man, made of sticks. his name was Stick and he was a palladin.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

For a throwaway one-shot, I once played a Sunaj Vagabond with a ridiculously long name cobbled together from nonsensical Greek words. Of course, I lost the character sheet and can never remember any of it. :)
Insert 400 character limit here.
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

For me it's a tie:

Candidate numero uno: A jotan crazy (in the first edition of rifts conversion book one, jotans could be crazies), with the phobias for heights, anything sticky, and the affective disorder of being afraid of loud noises to the point of wetting oneself... he was diabolic but never actually did anything evil, he kept getting sidetracked...

Bachelor number two: A vampire convert to Islam (some of you might sense something familiar here), who in addition to seeking salvation from his demonic form, was always suffering from an extreme sense of guilt becuase he never was able to pray according to the tennants of the Khoran (that whole right before sunset thing always caught him unprepared...). :D --Gj.
"Wujcik rules!!!"
Flick
D-Bee

Wild Burster

Unread post by Flick »

My most amusing character was a True Atlantean Burster. He seriously abused the super fuel flame power on a crystal fire rod. He was also a mild pyromaniac. Everything went boom! :x He was kind of fun for a munchkin character. My poor GM had an adventure where he was supposed to be captured. It took over an hour to subdue him even with foes impervious to fire.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Hehe... reading through these is hilarious.

Vince Legato
A vampire with a fear of the dark, and had a 50% chance of fainting at the sight of blood. I loved this guy, he brought whole new life to the game.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Sir Poof: Flooper Cyber-Knight! :D Watching this fat little guy in retro-fitted knight armor stumble around and actually tried to intimidate an evil Horned Dragon Hatchling! The Dragon was toast in 6 melees. One-on-one. The stupid Dragon refused to believe the little "knight" was any threat. Then it was too late. Flooped around the dragon laying fusion blocks as he went about hitting it with his Psi-Sword...The dragon's last words were "But how can YOU be a KNIGHT?!?!"*BOOM*
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Grizzlebee McLochnus

A Dwarf Acrobat from Palladium fantasy. He had a whopping MA of 6, PS of 25, PP of 18 and was 3 ft (absolute minimum allowed) of 300lb (maximum allowed) muscle. He was critical of everything elven for being prissy, played the Dwarven Pipes with a skill of 35% and anyone who didn't like his music was obviously uncultured though he had no idea how bad he played since he was tone-deaf. With WP Paired weapons and WP Battle Axe, his patented move was the Mower....and no kneecaps were safe :lol:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Pox wrote:I know I mentioned this before BUT

My mutant Capybarra "Speak"

SPOON!!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

GaredBattlespike wrote:Sir Poof: Flooper Cyber-Knight! :D Watching this fat little guy in retro-fitted knight armor stumble around and actually tried to intimidate an evil Horned Dragon Hatchling! The Dragon was toast in 6 melees. One-on-one. The stupid Dragon refused to believe the little "knight" was any threat. Then it was too late. Flooped around the dragon laying fusion blocks as he went about hitting it with his Psi-Sword...The dragon's last words were "But how can YOU be a KNIGHT?!?!"*BOOM*

I had an NPC who was a Diabolic Flooper assassin named Rumtummy.
He had this deep internal hatred and resentment for everybody because nobody took him seriously.
He did very well, nearly took out the whole party.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

1. Flaan The Impaler, Mutant Porcupine Vampire.
2. Otter Dice Clay, Mutant Otter Mind Melter
3. Braorgh, Ogre Healer from Palladium Fantasy. He didn't start out funny, but after getting knocked into a coma and brought back a number of times he ended up with insanities like "afraid of the dark", "loves being dominated by dwarves", "frightened of loud noises to the point of wetting himself", etc.
Became very quirky.
4. The Orc-Kin Man (A robot found on Mars. He was the last ditch effort by the colonist to rid themselves of these bugs, but he wasn never fully activated in time.)
5. Cuisinart, mutant octopus with extra limbs, Spin at Extraordinary Speed, multi-limb coordination, and WP Vibro-knives paired (taken about 5 times).

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Tyciol wrote:Childe of Domhain Dorca (sort of like a nightbane, but weaker, no talents, permanent morphus) called 'Teddy' who was in the shape of a Teddy Bear, knew martial arts, and could enter people's dreams like a dreamdancer. I played an NPC called Sally, his younger sister (who looked older than him since his age froze), who carried him around in her backpack.

Isn't that from a Rifter? would you remain offhand which one?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

My favorite character is a Diabolic True Atlantean Shifter. He's got quite a lot of power, and a Greatest Rune Weapon whose major ability is a free will. The Rune Weapons alignment is Scrupulous good. And, he forces the Shifter to preform good acts as much as he hates to do it. Since none of the other characters can hear what the sword says, they get freaked out by him constantly yelling at the sword. "What do you mean I have to go save that orphanage!? THat's stupid, let the little brats die. NO! NO! I didn't mean it, don't leave me, I need your power!! I'm sorrry!! I'll go save them..."
In Communist Russia, role-playing game plays you!
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Rift Jumper wrote:had a guy play a dogboy one time with the name Bus. He was a greyhound.

worse pun character ever

Aerv wrote:My favorite character is a Diabolic True Atlantean Shifter. He's got quite a lot of power, and a Greatest Rune Weapon whose major ability is a free will. The Rune Weapons alignment is Scrupulous good. And, he forces the Shifter to preform good acts as much as he hates to do it. Since none of the other characters can hear what the sword says, they get freaked out by him constantly yelling at the sword. "What do you mean I have to go save that orphanage!? THat's stupid, let the little brats die. NO! NO! I didn't mean it, don't leave me, I need your power!! I'm sorrry!! I'll go save them..."

the coolest character i seen in this topic.

Get a drink I have a few. I been around a long time and played a number of games.

i think the sillyest AD&D is pretty tough, I had a Human who was a Pallidan of Clangaden the Dwarven God of War. He was devote and had his funnest moments trying to convert verious Human party members in to the faith. Of course the Bar fight in Waterdeep in which he nearl got killed because someone had made a comment about dwarf tossing.

It wasn't my character but one of the character in a two and half long myth dranor game. was a Wild mage with the most mismatched coloured wardrobe. during the game he got change into a woman, grew another head with a different personality who was an Invoker, got change back into man changing the real women head into a man, split the two people up, get change in to an elf briefly, save the world [twice, once pretty much by herself] ant the end of it all he also had a mess of other powers that would make him BROKEN and untrasferable to any serous game.

I played a Dwarf who dressed and acted like a film Nior detective including no bread other than that three day one. He was moody and brooding.

I played a completely serious Kendeer with not sense of humour for a couple games because I hate Dragonlance, but everyone wanted to play it.

I played ina RIFTS game John Doe a vagbod with super powers, I never let anyone know I had super powers and John would ake scared and hid from juicers and Crazies. he was a coward who really was only good fixing the the RV that the players rode in. it was all and act the group found out when the CS squad blew a huge hole in the sid eof the RV thus frying off John's clothes and John's invulnerbility kicked in.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

A Dragon Hatchling Dragon Juicer, haha no j/k

Return to “Rifts®”