Question, Dark Day

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bigwhitehound

Question, Dark Day

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

I asked this in another post but didn't really get a answer, so here I am asking again. What effect did the Dark Day have on the Megaverse? Did people-beings in other dimensions notice. Were the barriers the Night Lords put up weakened at all, or what? :-?
David Esmale Hill

Unread post by David Esmale Hill »

As far as official cannon is concerned, Dark Day only affected the Nightlands and the Earth of the Nighbane. The rest of the Megaverse probably didn't even notice the change (except for those obscenely powerful entities like the Cosmic Forge and super-alien intelligences). Other than that, I'd guess that hardly anyone noticed or cared.

But that's just my take. A GM should feel free to have the effects of Dark Day take on a wider, more Megaversal impact, if that's what they want to do.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I can't remember off the top of my head, but didn't Dark Day coincide with the release of the Necrophim from their prison. I don't know how much BtS will back me up either, but i believe they fought against the forces of light along with the Old Ones. The other angels (spirits of light) should have noticed that.

I'd say the inner plane of the astral plane is where the most megaversal crossover would be. And that would be extremely extremely rare, and not any more unusual than any of the other horrific things one might encounter there.

Of course, it will all depend on the particular GM and campaign. In my game, which is a TMNT turned HU world (AKA Universe-H, or sometimes Universe Prime) it is just another one of the alternate dimensions fairly close by in the megaverse [like Earth-3 or something]. In other words, there are some groups of Superheros in my main game-world that are aware of Dark Day and lend a hand when they can.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Astroman wrote:I'm not sure if this is relevant, but in South America 2 CJ writes about the fact that the Incan Gods fought and lost a world to the Nightlords. Perhaps Dark Day increased their power enough to take on and drive out the Gods of Light in certain realms.

thats interesting indeed. did the author say which world etc? more details?

I dont have any RIFTS-books....
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Actually by the book,Inti(the Sun god) went to the Nightlands.He was beaten badly and 100 demigods of his pantheon were killed.He wants to find a way to return to the Nightlands,when he has fully regained his strength.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

silverlb wrote:As a side note, look up the Sea Titan and see if they really are completely human as young adults.....If they are they could be made a jucier......then the SDC would become MDC after they mature to super creatures.......Sea Titan Titan Jucier.....2000+ MDC

Silverith, that topic is already being dealt with on another thread. bringing it up here is not only OOT, it's plain irrelevant and bad form.

Not to mention that juicing up adolescent is probably just not done and that the sea titan organism would reject all the implants, including sensors, biocomp and injection rigs as soon as his regeneration ability manifested...

back to the munchkin juicer thread for more detail.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Dark Day should be viewed as an event of megaversal significance.

Of course given that begins in tune with such things (ie deities) have taken 300 years or so to get to Rifts Earth . . . don't expect the deities to come banging on the door.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Nightbane®”