Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: O.C.C. skill selections
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:25 pm

Explorer

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what basic skills characters automatically get? I know it says in the book that literacy rates in the U.S. have dropped below 90%, but any character who is playing either a soldier or former federal agent would have to have as a minimum the ability to speak and write English and basic math. Anyone who has been in the military will remember the asvab tests they took prior to enlistment. These helped to determine what military specialties the enlistee could enter into, and in the case of enlisted how far they could advance in the military. I seem to remember the minimum Gt score to become an nco was a 110 plus when I was in the army. Or is this a case of using common sense and I am just over examinig the subject?

On a similar vein, how many people use a modified version of the special forces/Team Epsilon O.C.C. to represent characters who are freelance fighting the Night Lords but have not undergone all the special traing and have modified the O.C.C to reflect this?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:45 am

Supreme Being

Black Cross wrote:
Hey everyone. I was just wondering what basic skills characters automatically get?

There are no skills in Nightbane that are automatic to all characters, but most classes come with at least Basic Math and Native Language and Literacy. Pilot Automobile and Computer Operation are fairly common as well.

Quote:
On a similar vein, how many people use a modified version of the special forces/Team Epsilon O.C.C. to represent characters who are freelance fighting the Night Lords but have not undergone all the special traing and have modified the O.C.C to reflect this?

It makes a serviceable model for similar special forces-type soldiers once you remove the special O.C.C. abilities.

For regular soldiers however it would make more sense to use the Nightbane R.C.C.'s Resistance/Spook Squad training package.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:16 pm

Explorer

Tinker, thank you for the response. So I take that to mean that under the SF/TE OCC the language and literacy listing are for English, instead of a bonus second language and literacy skill? I prefer N&SS because at least the characters get their native language and literacy along with basic math, which makes more sense.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:07 am

Supreme Being

Yeah, if the class only lists one language as an O.C.C. skill, it's the character's native language. Additional languages would have to be taken as O.C.C. related or secondary skills.

Of course, if a class seems to be lacking certain basic or even vital skills, the GM should feel free to add any skills he or she thinks appropriate.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.