Spells of Shadow Warlocks

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Spells of Shadow Warlocks

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Tyciol wrote:The Shadow Warlocks, which gain spells intuitively akin to mystics, get 1 spell per level of experience. As it doesn't specify a list, would it be fair to allow them to select the Shadow spells from Library of Bletherad? As it is not in Palladium Fantasy, and as they are intuitive and not teachable to others, I don't think it would unbalance things much. After all, how many shadow spells are there available for selection in the main book anyway?[/i]

..Not a whole lot. I'd check out Rifter #20 if I were you; the Shade Mage and a whole list of new spells revolving around it, with the master list including the spells from Bletherad, Federation of Magic (now found in the Rifts Book of Magic, a must have), and a couple in Palladium Fantasy.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Just make sure that the magic you add really fits with the rest of the setting. Some of the funkier stuff should be restricted to NPCs, at least initially.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, considering Shadow Meld is a 6th level spell, I sort of give Shadow Warlocks all Shadow magic Spells upto 6th level. As they advance they can choose conventional spells equal to or less than their real level, or Shadow Magic Spelsl at their level plus 6.

I think the Shadow Warlock got really short changed on spells though (one per level )
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Nightbane®”