Experiance for Followers

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'm with the misfit. Don't worry about keeping track of all that garbage. Just think about who seems to be doing more and assign levels as you think appropriate.

-Vek
"Don't make things more complicated that is necessary."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

He's asking 'cause we recently fought a sea serpent, and some of the NPCs were involved.

Then there is the prostitutes we have in the ship's crew, the tinkerer's apprentice, the bookkeeper, the orcish slave "men at arms", etc, plus the six actual sailors... :D
Last edited by Borast on Mon May 24, 2004 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
The Immortal ME
Explorer

Unread post by The Immortal ME »

I think you mean meticulous.

Either way, like Vek said, just eyeball it. Give them levels as seems appropriate. When they have done something heroic (like beating the hell out of a sea serpent) might be a good time but keep them in relative sync with the PCs; when they are coming around to when they should level up, start looking at the NPCs and decide who has been doing the most (with respect to their level) and should go first. Keep in mind, also, that the sailors are constantly involved in their craft while at sea so would be taking in a running stream of XP ... so if you do any:

"You set sail from Tra-La-Lee
*fast forward a month*
"You dock at Handermouth"

that might be a good time to hit the sailors up with a level.
- The Immortal ME

Sic itur ad astra.
"There are some who call me ... TIM?
(All factual statements based on personal recollection only unless otherwise attributed. May not actually be factual.)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..How did I miss this thread??

..Check the first link in my sig; I've worked out this system where the players can met out experience to the NPC's, or the GM can just increase the NPC's abilities based on a 5 point to 100 EP system...

..I'll try to remember to get the worksheets I recently designed online this afternoon. Now I'm late for work...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”