The Spell Metamorphosis: Human

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Metamorphosis: Human

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Spell Metamorphosis: Human from the Rifts Ultimate Editon Book page 216.

I notice there is no saving throw.

So can you cast it upon your enemies (by ritual)?

Question #2:
Does it change your clothes also?

Question #3:
Is 30 the limit you can crank you Physical Beauty up?

Question #4:
Do Dog Boys / Psi-Stalkers automatically know you are using magic and an imposture?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spell Metamorphosis: Human

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Q1: Situationally yes, though the text seems to imply the person must be present for the ritual (they don't list a range value here, which IMHO suggests being present). Plus as a Ritual its going to take some time.

Q2: No it does not change your clothes. This is partly based on the text for this version of the spell and other Meta spells where you return naked.

Q3: While there aren't any hard limits in place in the text and the fact you can impersonate someone via the spell I would say no 30 is not the limit for any attribute. I could see placing a limit though in the cases of "generic" shapeshifting where you aren't attempting to look like someone else to avoid abuse. (In other words if we assume Natalie Portman has a PB of 42 @19yo by Palladium reckoning and yes I'm inflating it, a mage could cast Meta: H to look like her at that age, but isn't going to be able to do it generically, I'd top it out at 24 personally but 30 is reasonable given you can roll that randomly).

Q4: They will register the active enchantment. The only way they could tell person was an impostor would be if they are familiar with the subject's psychic scent. (in other words if Bob and Dylan both are under Meta: H, and the D/PS have encountered Bob/Bob's-image before but not Dylan they will know that magic is active, and they will notice that Bob doesn't look like himself based on his psychic scent)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”