Sleepers from the Coalition War Campaign H,L & S

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Sleepers from the Coalition War Campaign H,L & S

Unread post by Kaleb »

So, long before they revamped SB1 and added the sleeping NEMA soldiers they had a hook, line & sinker about sleepers. This is at the end of the Coalition War Campaign book, WB11.

The premise was that you are fighting coalition soldiers and a hole in the ground was created. In this whole, you find sleeping pods/cryogenic chambers with people in them.

It was suggested that they could be good or evil and potentially have high-tech equipment from before the cataclysm in other rooms behind the cryogenic chambers.

I'm just wondering if anyone, besides myself, had any ideas for this cool scenario.
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Sleepers from the Coalition War Campaign H,L & S

Unread post by darthauthor »

Sounds like a way to play characters from Chaos Earth or get your hands on their equipment or BOTH.
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

They are actually Phaseworld humans on an Arc ship thatcrashed. Now the party has access to limited Phaseworld tech, but they'll have to figure out what to do with the sleepers & any rogue security Defenses in place
Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Unread post by Kaleb »

I think both of these posts are great ideas.

Long before the chaos earth books or the revised SB1 I had an idea for a group of military that had been warned by psychics about a coming disaster, and they were the ones in the cryogenic pods.

My idea would have been the they woke up roughly 100 years before the current calendar and made contact with the New Navy. They then secretly worked to try and help the people of Earth while avoiding being discovered by the current world powers.
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

honestly even without NEMA, the idea of pre-rifts people being found in rifts was a fun idea.
shades of one of the earliest Bolo stories (Night of the Trolls by Keith laumer, which can be read for free [here] thank's to project gutenberg.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

Kaleb wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:45 pm I think both of these posts are great ideas.

Long before the chaos earth books or the revised SB1 I had an idea for a group of military that had been warned by psychics about a coming disaster, and they were the ones in the cryogenic pods.

My idea would have been the they woke up roughly 100 years before the current calendar and made contact with the New Navy. They then secretly worked to try and help the people of Earth while avoiding being discovered by the current world powers.
As of the Minion War it seems that the Republicans may have awakened the sleepers.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Who says the NEMA Popsicle's in Archie's warehouse are the only ones? I like the idea that Lonestar, even Area 51 might have some frozen remnants.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

RockJock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 am Who says the NEMA Popsicle's in Archie's warehouse are the only ones? I like the idea that Lonestar, even Area 51 might have some frozen remnants.
Further proof that even in the future, people STILL don't regularly clean out their refrigerators.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i tend to assume that a lot of NEMA groups went on ice if they had the hardware for it. save on food and supplies by putting as many people in suspension as you can, leaving a token garrison to hold down the fort and maintain stuff.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

They were placing an awful amount of trust in the trouble eventually blowing over and not simply murdering them in their sleep.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Right now we have....
New Navy with Sea Titans going back to the generation born right after the Coming of the Rifts.
Possible US Forces in Japan in small numbers that were rifted forward.
Tundra Rangers who were Rifted forward.
NEMA refrigerator pops with Archie/Republicans.
Big Joe, or whatever the name of the cyborg in Black Market who was on ice since the Coming.

Various other randos like the dude from Demon Busters, or Lazlo himself. Who else am I missing as survivors? ( I know those were more likely survivors of much earlier, or even alternate earths).
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”