Warrior Monk Stick Fighting

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Warrior Monk Stick Fighting

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, my buddy noticed this loophole and RAW I can't see where he's wrong. The "Stick" power Strike does an extra d6 and if it hits it the target loses initiative, one attack, and has a 50% to drop whatever he is holding. You need a modified 18 to strike, but if you miss it's just a regular strike, so really there is no negative to trying it. There is nothing in there about what happens if someone is wearing a helmet. And there is nothing in the armor sections that talk about what armors have a helmet, so maybe it stops the temple strike?

Does this also work with paired weapons twin strike? For example, the short spear or short staff is only one handed. So could you do a double attack and have two chances to make them drop the weapon? Would they lose 2 attacks on a successful strike?

-Vek
"Monking around with the rules."
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Warrior Monk Stick Fighting

Unread post by kiralon »

I thought that was a power attack and power attacks cost 2 actions, but i might be mixing it with the demon strike or whatever the one that uses ppe is.

edit:
It does say that it is a power attack, but not that it uses 2 attacks.
I'd play it that it does.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Warrior Monk Stick Fighting

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

You only roll one die on a paired weapons attack, so even if it did work, you wouldn't increase your chances of a success.

We have always played it as it reads. But if the player doesn't declare they are attempting a power strike then it won't land. One of our players had the words "Say power strike" scrawled in massive block capitals at the top of their character sheet to remind them to declare it every attack! They still forgot.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”