Multiple H2H question

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

midharana35
Newb

Multiple H2H question

Unread post by midharana35 »

Hey I have a player that believes that if you have multiple H2H you can switch between them and get the addtionally attacks of all. So if you have two or thrid H2H you end up with 15+ attacks around. I believe that you used up some many actions in a round they should be removed from the H2H. Ie your highest has 7 attacks, but you are in a 5 attack you complete out and switch to the other for 2 more attacks not 7 more? What is the Cannon rules for this?
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Re: Multiple H2H question

Unread post by thorr-kan »

midharana35 wrote:Hey I have a player that believes that if you have multiple H2H you can switch between them and get the addtionally attacks of all. So if you have two or thrid H2H you end up with 15+ attacks around. I believe that you used up some many actions in a round they should be removed from the H2H. Ie your highest has 7 attacks, but you are in a 5 attack you complete out and switch to the other for 2 more attacks not 7 more? What is the Cannon rules for this?

You get the number of attacks for the H2H form you are currently using. Multiple H2H forms *do not* stack, except for one pair in N&SS(R). I'm AFB right now, so I can't tell you what those two are. Iffen I recall correctly, one's exclusive and begins with an H, and the other is a weapon-focused form.

Also, I don't remember how often you can switch forms. It might be per action or per round. I do know you aren't limited to one form for the whole fight. (Unless you only have one form, of course.)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

You can't switch forms in the middle of a round. When you pick a form at the beginning of a round you're stuck with it until the next initiative roll. Also AFAIK, there's only two MA forms that are allowed to be combined anyway; Moo Gi Gong and Hwrang-do (or however it's spelled) should be the two forms (I'm not sure on the spellings).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are no h2hs in the N&S game. There are only Martal Arts Forms.
So techinly speaking; leaving out the RC books (even thou these are more like 1/2 parts of MAFs); No char can have more than one H2H within the PA gaming system. Therefore, the presumption is false.

Only Dedicated HAs can have more than one MAF. Even then The Beast is correct that MAFs can only be switch between the conclusion of one Melee Round and the beginning of the next Melee Round. And about the only two MAF that can be used together.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are no h2hs in the N&S game. There are only Martal Arts Forms.
So techinly speaking; leaving out the RC books (even thou these are more like 1/2 parts of MAFs); No char can have more than one H2H within the PA gaming system. Therefore, the presumption is false.

The Nei Chia Wu Shih on page 49 of China 2 would beg to differ, as they start with two hand to hand skills.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Only Dedicated HAs can have more than one MAF. Even then The Beast is correct that MAFs can only be switch between the conclusion of one Melee Round and the beginning of the next Melee Round. And about the only two MAF that can be used together.

Besides the conversion book process which brings those classes that have multiple into Rifts there is the simple multi-class option that provides you with the old H2H and the new H2H.
Regardless of how you gain them though it doesn't matter if you have 1 H2H or all 80 of them.
You can only use one at a time, and
The only benefits are that one art.
And you must pick at the start of each round which one you are using.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

P37 lists Hand to Hand: Basic as a Secondary skill. There is nothing preventing a character from choosing it for a Secondary Skill, if they have the slots. It won't stack with any martial art form, but it's there.

H2H forms are also available through the Basic Physical Skill Program. You can't trade a Martial Art Power for it, but some OCCs have the skill program open.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

eliakon wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are no h2hs in the N&S game. There are only Martal Arts Forms.

The Nei Chia Wu Shih on page 49 of China 2 would beg to differ, as they start with two hand to hand skills.

I did say leaving out the RC books, when making my statement.

eliakon wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Only Dedicated HAs can have more than one MAF. Even then The Beast is correct that MAFs can only be switch between the conclusion of one Melee Round and the beginning of the next Melee Round. And about the only two MAF that can be used together.

Besides the conversion book process which brings those classes that have multiple into Rifts there is the simple multi-class option that provides you with the old H2H and the new H2H.
Regardless of how you gain them though it doesn't matter if you have 1 H2H or all 80 of them.
You can only use one at a time, and
The only benefits are that one art.
And you must pick at the start of each round which one you are using.

As I noted, that I was talking about MAFs so this statement was talking about the N&S rules. So bringing a loophole in the rifts rules here into the N&S forum is a bit irrelevant. Since it would confuse what newbs out there that read this.
⁍Even so, if the new h2h is a higher grade than the old one, then the new one replaces the old one. As per official Q&As.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”