What book???

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

What book???

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

What book has the card mage in it who can summon things?
Prysus
Champion

Re: What book???

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:What book has the card mage in it who can summon things?

Greetings and Salutations. Rifter #24 has Card Magic, but since I'm away from my books at the moment I cannot confirm at this time if they can summon things or not. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Prysus wrote:

Greetings and Salutations. Rifter #24 has Card Magic, but since I'm away from my books at the moment I cannot confirm at this time if they can summon things or not. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

Unless he is talking the trickster mage which is #9&1/2
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Prysus wrote:

Unless he is talking the trickster mage which is #9&1/2

It is R24. It it is a summoner/rune mage combination variant.

I found the class stats to be unplayable due to things missing and extreme nerfing.
I would mod the Rifter text to the following...

Card Mage (mod’ed from the R24 text)
Magical Knowledge: Knows how theory behind of how to create/construct cards and develop new cards, and how to use magic cards.
➤Can’t cast spells from memory.
✦There is no limit to how many cards the mage can create, But is limited to the number they can have active for imidiate usage.
Number of Active Cards: 1 per PE per level (to make active the mage holds the card to their chest and send 10 PPE into the card to make it active. (make active is to put PPE into the card as a precercur act [this precurser act does make it so the card reads as magical], To activate the card is to cast the spell through the card.)
➣ spell card count as one card (Levelx3 +list cost to make.)
➢Summining cards count as two cards
➣Power cards stand outside the active list, the card mage can only activate/use one power card at level 3-5, can activate/use two power cards after reaching level 6. Dayly activation cost 17 PPE.
Max usage (before physical damages) of one power card is 1 month per level (30 days with it one but for sleeping min 6 hours a night). (If used constantly causes the normal sleep deprivation insanieties) Insanities start developing right away but do not persist if used for less than ME weeks. Can be used relitively safely for ME weeks. After that there is a 15%+5% chance per week of developing insanities and/or an alignment slipage.
➢Unique Cards count as three cards (the soul card is indepenent of the active card count once it has a soul in it)
Card spells known at level one
one power card (can’t use till level three)
one unique card
1D4 spells from each level 1-4, +1 design current level or lower after level-up.
Rec. enchantment & Magic (same as summoner)
➢ Rec magic: 20+5—
➣ Rec enchantment: 40+5—
Bonuses:
+1 vs magic @ Ls 4,8,12
+2 vs HF & +1 @Ls 3,6,9,13
+1 to spell str @ Ls 5,9,12,15. (starting spell str: 12)
Decipher Spells, circles and unknown cards (+15 deciphering existing card): 18+3—
Decipher Spell Scrolls: 8+2—
Using someone else’s magic card cost twice as much as one made by one’s self.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

don't forget about the rifter sorter webpage.

https://rifterindex.netlify.app/
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

That is nice. Cause sometimes you can't remember which number that article you are looking for...but you do remember the cover art...or have some idea about the cover art.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”