Insert Memory

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Insert Memory

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I know what happens if the person who is the subject of this power fails the saving throw, but what happens if the person is successful in the save? Does the memory not insert at all? Is it hazy and hard to remember? Is the memory there but the person is aware it's a fake?

-Vek
"If the PC fails, so much fun will ensue!"
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Insert Memory

Unread post by kiralon »

I'd say the memory doesn't insert, but if telepathy gives you enough information you might be able to give them some serious negatives if they want to believe (hint, hypnotic suggestion, you really want to believe the next thing you hear me say hehe)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Insert Memory

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Al the text in the power talks about how insulted memories fail for one way or another. So I would tend to believe that saving vs psionics in this instance makes it so the intended memory isn't inserted at all.

I will have to note that the examples give the impression that the psychic is just hypnotizing the victim and talking to them while hypnotized to create the false memory. Instead of taking a memory of their own and putting it in the target.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”