Travel Through Earth

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Travel Through Earth

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, it's time for another silly discussion about a spell. When traveling through earth with this Warlock spell (main book p231), can you see where you're going? If so, how far can you see? I know you can't talk, but how does it affect your senses? Can you hear, taste, smell, or feel?

If you're wounded and bleeding, and then you cast this spell and travel though the earth, do you you continue to bleed? If you have an arrow or something stuck in you, can you travel through the earth, take the object out of your body, and then resurface without a wound? Come to think of it, that's a question for most every transmutation spell.

-Vek
"Come to think of it, that's a question for most every transmutation spell."
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Travel Through Earth

Unread post by Orin J. »

honestly, this doesn't seem to be a transmutation spell, it just lets you phase through the earth similar to how earth elementals do.so i'd assum it lets you see through the matter you're phasing through to some degree as well.

and i wouldn't let any spell that doesn't state it restores your body do it, they just assume the injured state is the one you want at the end of the spell. magic isn't exactly user friendly most of the time and there's a lot of places for "restore this form to baseline" to go wrong.....like ending up with an infant that used to be your mage.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Travel Through Earth

Unread post by kiralon »

I play it so
a) You better have a good sense of direction as vision is not existent, unless you have xray vision of course.
b) You feel the rock slide through you, taste it and smell it.
c) Anything on you goes with you, so that includes arrows in the chest
d) No wound closure here
e) Sound is massively muffled, if you hear something you probably don't want to be there.
f) Is a cure for an obscure poison.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”