What you you guys homebrewed over the years to add to BTS?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

What you you guys homebrewed over the years to add to BTS?

Unread post by Holister »

I was just wondering with offical BtS stuff kinda of stagnant and the 2nd edition stuff like 15 years old what have you guys homebrewed to fill in the gaps? Anything truly terrifying? Comedic? New takes on the canon creatures & classes?

I recently took the victim class concept from 1st edition ran with it and fleshed it out to also include a Final Girl option for victim class characters that survive the campaign.

I also did some work on making a class for The Killer including three variations including the Psychotic, the Psychopath, & the Maniac. I also came up with the Legendary Slasher option to take a killer into new menace.

and since I do alot of Lovecraft tie ins I created the Eldritch Hunter for my players that lean toward combat.

Now I'm interested in hearing about what you guys have come up with?
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: What you you guys homebrewed over the years to add to BT

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Well first I would suggest going to House of BTS lots of stuff there to help you out.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

Warshield73 wrote:Well first I would suggest going to House of BTS lots of stuff there to help you out.

I do so often. lol

I am just curious to see what new and unusual stuff random individuals have come up with.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Unfortunately the lack of the Arcanum and monster books caused my long-running campaign to fall apart in 2008. We had switched over to second edition in 2005 and played for a bit but the lack of magic and monster rules was felt and we moved on.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Yes,I hope Palladium will work on Arcanum next year.
I got this idea for Magic weapons and items that unlike the Palladium fantasy ones to not recovery ppe on ther own but needs to be close to some one died to draw some ppe released by the death.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

gaby wrote:Yes,I hope Palladium will work on Arcanum next year.
I got this idea for Magic weapons and items that unlike the Palladium fantasy ones to not recovery ppe on ther own but needs to be close to some one died to draw some ppe released by the death.

I created something similar for my Heroes/BTS combo game but it required a place of power (nexus point) to recharge and some could draw small amounts of PPE from living people who handled it with psychics and mages getting a saving throw and being the only ones who noticed.

To me this made a lot of sense in a world with low levels of PPE but it did limit the usefulness of magical items.

I've said this a few times but what I'm hoping for rules to allow non-mages to perform some magical rituals especially things like exorcism and tracking spells.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”