Help with a book ID!

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Help with a book ID!

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

Hello, all! I am trying to do some research for some game/writing material, and there is a very specific excerpt from a book that I am quite sure came from one of the modern Palladium titles. Problem is, I cannot find said excerpt, and I'm hoping that the details I provide can help get an answer.

In this particular book, there's some back and forth between 2 people, one being a Innkeeper who is Chinese, and someone trying to secure a place to sleep. In the exchange, the Innkeeper accuses the other person of not being able to speak Chinese, to which the other person responds in the Innkeeper's native tongue. Towards the end of the dialogue, after being denied a room one last time, the individual asks why he can't sleep at the inn, to which the keeper replies "Because you do not speak Chinese!".

I hope this jogs a memory or two, as I believe whatever book this came from holds some other information I am looking for. Thanks much in advance!
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Help with a book ID!

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

back of ninja and Superspies is where that conversation is depicted.
Page 161 in the game master section

And the innkeeper says at the end that the fluent nihongo speaking traveler doesn't speak Japanese.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:back of ninja and Superspies is where that conversation is depicted.
Page 161 in the game master section

And the innkeeper says at the end that the fluent nihongo speaking traveler doesn't speak Japanese.

ACK! I was so sure it was Chinese! And the info I was looking for follows after, which means I have to change ALL THE THINGS BECAUSE I MISREMEMBERED! Thank you so much, drewkitty!
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

you're welcome
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”