A question about P.P.E

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

intkhiladi
Newb
Comment: Begun to play rpgs on 1989 in Barcelona. Favortite Megaverse games TMNT & Robotech.

A question about P.P.E

Unread post by intkhiladi »

Hi everyone. I played some Palladium games 30 years ago, and I'm hooked up now into Dead Reign. I loved the approach of zombie genre, was quite awesome. But I had a doubt and perhaps is a dumb question. I read the Dead Reign core two times, wanted to prepare some history for my gaming group. I understand the use of P.P.E in living creatures for feeding the zombies. The zombies had also this attribute (for example Slouchers had 1d4 P.P.E.), but there is no part in the book telling for what purpose. As I understand (and I can be wrong), zombies get PPE from living creatures, killing them or receiving from Death Cults ceremonies. Could it be that this is the maximum number of PPE the can get?

Thanks in advance and happy gaming to everyone.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: A question about P.P.E

Unread post by Warwolf »

The base P.P.E. is how much that being or creature carries around with it. The base P.P.E. doesn't affect how much can be consumed by any given zombie, though. All-in-all it's something of an artifact of the Palladium system where pretty much all living (or undead) beings have a certain amount of this energy. It's representative of the "life-force" that animates the physical form. About the only time that I can see this stat coming into play is either when combining Dead Reign and other Palladium settings (like including necromancy magic and perhaps letting necromancers draw on their undead for spells and rituals), or in the case of things like the Cannibal Muncher zombie who may kill and feed on the undead as well as the living. I would also consider allowing Half-Living to absorb P.P.E. from any zombie they kill, even though that's not necessarily indicated under their description.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Axelmania
Knight

Re: A question about P.P.E

Unread post by Axelmania »

What confuses me is why they bothered to assign PPE to the corpses, since they don't actually seem to be able to feed on each other's PPE in rare situations like a Mock

Return to “Dead Reign™”