Fledgling kingdom/Citystate.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Fledgling kingdom/Citystate.

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

I'm letting you guys know that I am more or less done with the army sheet, but now I am trying to figure out how to do a fledgling kingdom/citystate table sheet using things like the city generating table in the WE book. But finding figuring things a bit taxing...pun intended. Oh well.

Anyway, how do you guys "handle" the writing up a kingdom or town?

I finally got a 4 day weekend, that I'm not under quarantine. But because someone else that works there got sick. So, I am relaxing and spending it with my 2 boys and Shannon camping.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Fledgling kingdom/Citystate.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rifter #1 has a city creation text. It is like most of the PB creation tables, being point based.
The tables presented there are stylized for the Rifts setting, but things can be modded to fit the PF RPG Game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Rifter #1 has a city creation text. It is like most of the PB creation tables, being point based.
The tables presented there are stylized for the Rifts setting, but things can be modded to fit the PF RPG Game.

Sorry, there's an ok one in WE. But we're trying to figure up a kingdom's income and expenses.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

That is the one I could think of off the top of my head. Since there is a PF table then it is probity better to use that one. I don't like the point based creation tables and avoid them if there is away around it.

On the topic of Creation Tables... there is a random monster one in the "The Land of the Damned book 1".
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Eastern Territories is basically the place for a fledgling kingdom/city-state. I'd put it there.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I vote floenry isles, or one of the unnamed isles in the inland sea.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Actually, we will be using another world for the kingdom's game. One of 5 GM's design, but one that any player can establish a kingdom, take an kingdom, be born into a ruling family kingdom, etc...attract followers, become an immortal or a demigod. Mind you, yes...you can still get killed.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

If you're looking for point values and such, I'd think about what your city is like, and what is going to give or subtract points from it.

For example, Geography. You're going to get points for easy access to potable water (rivers), and lose them for more difficult water (wells). Get points for good terrain, good soil, easy access to various resources, etc.

Then you get into Law and Government. An Authoritarian regime likely has its perks. A generally Principled government should be worth more than a generally Diabolic government, even if being Diabolic has some short-term benefits for the upper levels of the city.

Think about factors into the economy. Guilds? Free craftsmen? Some dominating industry?

Think about the military. Professional soliders? Milita? What's their magic level?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

really it's usually good to figure out the character of the city your're trying to make first. do they have schooling? patronage of the arts? is the city's construction managed by civil engineers, or is it all privately built leading to a hodgepodge? do they try to cram as much real estate into an area or are there garden/park areas throughout to show of how the city prospers(or fails to, really). do they rely on internent labor leading to a very mixed population or are they very opposed to hiring them?

does the city have any patrons, events, or mascots that greatly influence their culture? all of these are good thinks to plan for early on so you aren't getting something 80% done, having a great idea and throwing the lot out several times.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”